What Would the Pats Do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Would the Pats Do?

The Patriots seem to be the gold standard of NFL franchises according to many.

Do you think that Belichick would sit tight at #2 and draft a RB if he was in the Giants' shoes?

I think Belichick would draft Brady’s successor at 2.. Mayfield?

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
      I think Belichick would draft Brady’s successor at 2.. Mayfield?
      I agree, but not sure it would be Mayfiled (not sure it wouldn't be either)

Comment

He would draft the QB to succeed Brady, IF he felt that at number two the player was worthy of the pick.

If not he would slide back, get a few more picks, and end up with one of the players he wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

Do you think that Belichick would sit tight at #2 and draft a RB if he was in the Giants' shoes?
          Not a chance in hell.

Comment

Bill would turn that 2nd overall pick into a goldmine of future 1st's and 2nd's plus 2 1st rounders and (2) 3rd's this Draft

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post
              He would draft the QB to succeed Brady, IF he felt that at number two the player was worthy of the pick.

If not he would slide back, get a few more picks, and end up with one of the players he wanted.
              Completely agree.

And, coincidentally, that is exactly what I want the Giants to do here.

Comment

LMAO you guys are funny. Let's see. They took Brady in round 6. Then they drafted his successor, who was ready to take over before they forced Bill to trade him, they took him pick 62 (3rd last pick in the 2nd round). Now you guys think Bill would use the #2 pick on a QB? Doubtful. Bill has drafted

DT - 5 times
                DE - 1
                TE - 2
                OG - 1
                OT - 1
                RB - 1
                S- 1
                CB - 1
                LB - 2

So I guess he would go Vita Vea? Truthfully I think he would go Chubb. His highest picks all were Defense.
                LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

coincidentally, that is exactly what I want the Giants to do here.
                  It's amazing that exactly what you want the Giants to do is what you "think" Bill would do. Shocking lol. Chances are if all of you think Bill would do that, he would do the opposite. That's what makes him the best in the business.

The truth is that Bill has always run an offense that does not require an amazing RB, partly because he has had a great QB. Shurmur on the other hand has always had a top tier talent at RB, in every offense he has run. Barkley might not be our pick, but we will go RB early in this draft IMO, because Shurmur likes to have a stud RB.
                  Last edited by IrishMike357; 04-13-2018, 11:35 AM.
                  "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

With our roster or his?

Comment

yeah, that may very well be Bill's move at #2. And now without JPP, that wouldn't be such a bad move for us.
                      Chubb Harrison & Vernon would be very impressive. They could also open up a law firm with that moniker

Comment

Originally posted by shocknaweny View Post
                        Bill would turn that 2nd overall pick into a goldmine of future 1st's and 2nd's plus 2 1st rounders and (2) 3rd's this Draft
                        This is exactly what Bill would do. He would draft a quarterback in the future rounds. he has done that a few times already and traded those quarterbacks for draft picks one specifically because his hands were apparently forced and that quarterbackis about to be a star.
                        That's why we discuss, We all have different perspectives. Ride and Die with the NY Giants

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
                          LMAO you guys are funny. Let's see. They took Brady in round 6. Then they drafted his successor, who was ready to take over before they forced Bill to trade him, they took him pick 62 (3rd last pick in the 2nd round). Now you guys think Bill would use the #2 pick on a QB? Doubtful. Bill has drafted

DT - 5 times
                          DE - 1
                          TE - 2
                          OG - 1
                          OT - 1
                          RB - 1
                          S- 1
                          CB - 1
                          LB - 2

So I guess he would go Vita Vea? Truthfully I think he would go Chubb. His highest picks all were Defense.
                          Bill has never had the #2 pick though or has ever been in position to take a successor like that. They are consistently picking 28-32. IF Bill was at 2, he'd most likely take one of the QBs to sit behind Brady, imo. He knows he can attribute almost all of his success to having a franchise QB like Brady. He didnt have the same success with Bernie Kosar as coach of the Browns. Brady is 40, he's not going to be around for 5 more years. Just like Eli wont be around for 5 more years either.
                          Last edited by gibril28wilson; 04-13-2018, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gibril28wilson View Post

Bill has never had the #2 pick though or has ever been in position to take a successor like that. They are consistently picking 28-32. IF Bill was at 2, he'd most likely take one of the QBs to sit behind Brady, imo.
                            I know that in 2014 he passed on taking a QB at #29 and opted to take one at #62 even though only two QBs were taken in the first round. Odd he took the 5th QB in the draft and it was the best QB of the bunch. Fact is we have no idea what Bill will do, but I'm convinced he can find a QB in round 2 or 3 and make him a success. My point is that he would not be forced into taking a QB "just because".

I'll say this though. He has two first round picks this year. He can take a QB in round 1 or can even trade up to get one. So let's see what he does.
                            Last edited by IrishMike357; 04-13-2018, 12:00 PM.
                            "Next man up"

Comment

I think Bill would find a diamond at QB in the later rounds of the draft. Belichick has said finding "value" is the most important goal in a draft. Bill has been compared to a very analytical stockbroker which makes me believe he wouldn't go QB at #2. Bill likes to trade back and being #2 would be a good opportunity for him to do so. Otherwise, if the #1 ranked player drops to #2 - I think Bill would see that as a value pick. Saquon Barkley to the Patriots.

Hopefully the Giants have learned a little bit from Bill Belichick and not trade away draft picks/reach for players like Ryan Nassib.

Comment

Working...
                              X