What Would the Pats Do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

lol ... you need to take a statistics class dude.
    Why bother to post if you're not even going to discuss the very thread that you started? You can't refute anyone's points so you just make snide comments. Was your hope that everyone would come in here and say "yep I agree with TCHOF, clearly he knows the inner workings of Bill Belichick"? Sorry it didn't happen for you, but people do have differing opinions man, that's the point of this site.
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
      Why bother to post if you're not even going to discuss the very thread that you started? You can't refute anyone's points so you just make snide comments. Was your hope that everyone would come in here and say "yep I agree with TCHOF, clearly he knows the inner workings of Bill Belichick"? Sorry it didn't happen for you, but people do have differing opinions man, that's the point of this site.
      I’ve discussed the points raised by this thread ad nauseam and have refuted the points that I didn’t agree with ... including the statement that Belichick would pass on a QB because he would just turn Webb into a Pro-Bowl QB...lol

Sorry if I hurt your feelings....

Comment

I’ve discussed the points raised by this thread ad nauseam and have refuted the points that I didn’t agree with ... including the statement that Belichick would pass on a QB because he would just turn Webb into a Pro-Bowl QB...lol

Sorry if I hurt your feelings....
        Hence why I asked why do you keep replying? You've said your piece, either discuss this junk or move on with your life. If your idea of refuting a point is to say "yeah, like that could happen" then you needed to take less statistics classes and more debate classes. You have not refuted anything anyone has said.

Don't pat yourself on the back too hard, you didn't hurt my feelings, you just have zero points to make and keep popping this back to the top.
        Last edited by IrishMike357; 04-14-2018, 10:31 PM.
        LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
        "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

The Patriots seem to be the gold standard of NFL franchises according to many.

Do you think that Belichick would sit tight at #2 and draft a RB if he was in the Giants' shoes?
          No, of course he wouldn't. Given the current shape of our roster, it would be an irresponsible pick, in my opinion.
          Tell you the other thing he wouldn't do: draft a QB at #2 unless he was as certain as possible that the guy will be a franchise QB.

Now...those two things seem pretty simple to me, and I hope as simple to DG.
          "I hire my brains"...Horace Trumbauer

Comment

lol ... you need to take a statistics class dude.
            What stat did I post that was incorrect?

Again, I think QB is the most likely pick for us. I just do not agree that invoking the name of a guy who has literally never picked a 1st round QB to back up your desire to do exactly that, in any way makes sense.
            sigpic

Comment

Hence why I asked why do you keep replying? You've said your piece, either discuss this junk or move on with your life. If your idea of refuting a point is to say "yeah, like that could happen" then you needed to take less statistics classes and more debate classes. You have not refuted anything anyone has said.

Don't pat yourself on the back too hard, you didn't hurt my feelings, you just have zero points to make and keep popping this back to the top.
              Thanks for the advice, but I’ll do as I please if that’s ok with you.

i find it funny that you accuse me of making zero points when your point was that Belichick would pass on a QB because he would turn Webb into a Pro Bowler. I apologize if my points are not as legit as that ... lol

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post

What stat did I post that was incorrect?

Again, I think QB is the most likely pick for us. I just do not agree that invoking the name of a guy who has literally never picked a 1st round QB to back up your desire to do exactly that, in any way makes sense.
                I did not say that your stats are incorrect. What I said was that in my opinion, for the reasons that I stated above, the stats you cited have no correlation to the question asked. You might as well have quoted stats on the weather.

For what it’s worth, I don’t think that we are taking a QB if Darnold goes #1 as I suspect.

Comment

I did not say that your stats are incorrect. What I said was that in my opinion, for the reasons that I stated above, the stats you cited have no correlation to the question asked. You might as well have quoted stats on the weather.

For what it’s worth, I don’t think that we are taking a QB if Darnold goes #1 as I suspect.
                  Is it that big a drop off between Darnold and the others, in your opinion? Just interested in your take.

Comment

Originally posted by Delicreep View Post

Is it that big a drop off between Darnold and the others, in your opinion? Just interested in your take.
                    I’m not really sure ... I admittedly don’t know enough to independently evaluate these guys. To me, Darnold just feels like the QB that the Giants would prefer from this class — he has the measurables, he is durable, non-controversial, quiet leader, “it” factor, etc. This is obviously just a guess though.

This is why I have based my opinion on the Giants picking a QB on their evaluations—if they love one of these guys and have him rated as a franchise QB, I think that they have to take him. If not, they shouldn’t reach for a QB - I would prefer that they look to trade back in that scenario.

Comment

I’m not really sure ... I admittedly don’t know enough to independently evaluate these guys. To me, Darnold just feels like the QB that the Giants would prefer from this class — he has the measurables, he is durable, non-controversial, quiet leader, “it” factor, etc. This is obviously just a guess though.

This is why I have based my opinion on the Giants picking a QB on their evaluations—if they love one of these guys and have him rated as a franchise QB, I think that they have to take him. If not, they shouldn’t reach for a QB - I would prefer that they look to trade back in that scenario.
                      I am trying to convince myself that Mara would sign off on a QB that has top shelf potential, but maybe not 100% a "Giant's guy".
                      And as much as I want to take a shot at a franchise QB, I could quickly get behind a blockbuster trade.

Comment

LMAO you guys are funny. Let's see. They took Brady in round 6. Then they drafted his successor, who was ready to take over before they forced Bill to trade him, they took him pick 62 (3rd last pick in the 2nd round). Now you guys think Bill would use the #2 pick on a QB? Doubtful. Bill has drafted

DT - 5 times
                        DE - 1
                        TE - 2
                        OG - 1
                        OT - 1
                        RB - 1
                        S- 1
                        CB - 1
                        LB - 2

So I guess he would go Vita Vea? Truthfully I think he would go Chubb. His highest picks all were Defense.
                        Your logic is totally sound!
                        BB’s heart will always be on the Defensive side of the ball. He would definitely go Chubb!
                        Belichick picking a QB at 2, would be like the Hamburgular stealing a salad!
                        "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

But ........Y’all don’t want to talk seriously about what Belichick “would do”!
                          You people who want Gettleman to pick a QB, are just saying that’s what Belichick would do, to bolster your own arguments for wanting a QB.
                          If You respect Belichick’s savvy for playing that game, and want to talk about what he’d do, just look at his track record and be honest about it.
                          Not only would BB NOT pick a QB, but Prior to draft day, for a few extra picks, Belichick would have sent Beckham packing!
                          Just like he did Drew Bledsoe, Randy Moss, Chandler Jones etc etc etc. and the too many other top players too numerous to name
                          But a QB at 2.....after the rough Defensive year they had in 2017?
                          No way!!
                          Not with a first round quality DE available.
                          Last edited by bigblue58; 04-15-2018, 11:05 AM.
                          "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Originally posted by dmighty326 View Post

This is exactly what Bill would do. He would draft a quarterback in the future rounds. he has done that a few times already and traded those quarterbacks for draft picks one specifically because his hands were apparently forced and that quarterbackis about to be a star.
                            He's a smart cookie lol

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                              If you are asking this question legitimately, the data is pretty simple: Bill B would select defensive player. Statistically speaking, it would likely be Bradley Chubb.

Since becoming HC of the pats in 2000, he has selected 10 defensive players in the 1st round, just 5 offensive players, and had no 1st round picks 5 times(either traded or taken away.)

Of the defensive players, he has selected 6 defensive linemen, 2 LBs, and 2 safeties.

Of the offensive players, he has selected 2TEs, 1RB, 1 OT, and 1 OG.

So if we are speaking objectively here. There is zero evidence he would select a QB. There is more evidence he would select a TE, followed by RB, T , or Guard, but not a QB. In fact, if past is any indicator of future, there is a bigger chance the pick would be taken away by the league for cheating, than the Pats selecting a QB in the 1st round.

I added that last sentence in for TheAnalyst
                              I dont know that you can look at statistics of what he did in the past to predict this. And he did pick a QB in the 2nd round 3 years ago.

Bottom line is you would have to put BB in the exact situation Gettlemen is in: Coming off a 3-13 season with a 38 year old QB who hasn't been very effective the past few seasons (for whatever reason).

My bet is nothing he did in the past would prevent BB picking a QB - IF he thought what was available at 2 was worth it.

Comment

I agree with TEM, the Pats would skip on drafting a QB who has "potential bust" written all over him since they just traded a known commodity for a 2nd round.

I think BB would trade down and acquire picks to build around Brady.

Comment

Working...
                                X