Draft Day.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft Day.

Suppose that on draft day, Cleveland takes Josh Allen with the #1 Overall Pick. An now you're on the clock, who do you take from the these three options? Why?

In the hypothetical trade between us and Denver we would receive their 2018 1st round pick, 2018 2nd round pick, 2019 1st round pick, and 2019 2nd round pick.
    Sam Darnold
    42.86%
    Saquon Barkley
    7.14%
    Trade back w/ Denver
    50.00%

I take Sam Darnold. To me the overall best QB in this draft and a top 10 overall player in this draft. He has the it factor and he will get you comeback wins and game winning drives. Hes got the most of the stuff that canít be taught.

Here he will have time to iron out his inconsistencies and grow into a man (he is quite young). Like I said he already can do the hard stuff.

Grab him, stash him and carry on. He is a QB worth taking, not at all a reach.

Comment

You assuming Denver wants to trade up.
      Dever is in a perfect position.
      ​​​​​​Allso, Chubb would be a viable canidate for number two.

Comment

I'd trade back with Denver and take Baker at 5 if there. If not, Nelson Chubb or Saquon would all be there.

1-Browns Allen
        2-Denver Darnold
        3-Jets Rosen
        4- Browns take Barkley or trade back for a team that takes Mayfield
        5- Giants go Mayfield or take BPA not a QB.

Win win

Comment

Darnold. He's been my QB1 since the start. Watching a lot of draftbreakdown vids on both Darnold and Rosen confirmed that for me. FWIW i think both will be really good in the NFL. I just like Darnold's leadership, the way he can extend plays, and the way he just makes plays. He makes stupid mistakes sometimes, but i dont hate risk takers. We just went through 14 years of risky plays with Eli, im ok with it

Comment

Darnolds biggest weakness is something you need to play in the NFC east. Arm strength

Comment

if Denver gives you all those picks, it's a no brainer imo.

yes Darnold is the best QB in the draft inthe opinion of many, but we have many needs and getting high picks like that would fill them quickly.

take Nelson/Chubb at 5. 2 high 2nds to get a RB and an OL/CB. yes please. and 2 possibly high picks waiting next yr? Denver maybe be 4th in their division with Chargers coming back strong, KC with all their talent, Oak got Derek Carr.

im a little biased since i don't like any of these QBs for us, but there is no Rodgers or Luck type QB here.
              Last edited by nygfan0816; 04-13-2018, 02:50 PM.

Comment

I voted trade with Denver (of course they have to want to). Get all those picks, take Chubb at 5, then plug more holes!!! Iíve never been on board with any of the QBs in this draft and #2 is too high for Barkley or Nelson IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by gibril28wilson View Post
                  Darnold. He's been my QB1 since the start. Watching a lot of draftbreakdown vids on both Darnold and Rosen confirmed that for me. FWIW i think both will be really good in the NFL. I just like Darnold's leadership, the way he can extend plays, and the way he just makes plays. He makes stupid mistakes sometimes, but i dont hate risk takers. We just went through 14 years of risky plays with Eli, im ok with it

+1

I'll **** if Cleveland passes on Darnold, and Gettleman drafts him 2nd overall.

Comment

Working...
                  X