Itís happened. Iíve changed my preference

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Itís happened. Iíve changed my preference

up until this point Iíve been pretty solid on my preferred choice of what I want the Giants to do in this draft. Either Trade down or take Saquon Barkley. Now. After reading multiple articles. Re watching cut ups, watching interviews with prospects, their coaches, their teammates, their family members, any little tidbit I could get...I REALLY like Josh Allen.

I didnt want a QB in this draft. I like Webb enough to give him a shot. But man...I canít shake this feeling that Josh Allen is just going to be great. I know he is THE most polarizing QB (arguably PLAYER) in this draft but I honestly feel like Josh Allen can be a generational talent at QB.

Originally posted by GoDeep13 View Post
    Josh Allen can be a generational talent at QB.
    Oh no you didn't!
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Welcome aboard the QB train. Choo choo

Comment

Originally posted by StewieZ View Post
        Welcome aboard the QB train. Choo choo
        I can't wrap my head around people rooting that we take a specific position only. It doesn't make sense to me. If you think a certain player is awesome and want him I get it. If you just trust the GM to make the right choice that should extend passed just a single position. Is there a QB you really want us to get?
        "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
          Oh no you didn't!
          I think he meant Lamar Jackson.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rush4Blitz2 View Post

I think he meant Lamar Jackson.
            That makes more sense.
            "Next man up"

Comment

There are a lot of things I like about Josh Allen too, but bear in mind, he would play average for most of a game, make some pretty poor throws, and then unleash 1-3 ungodly throws in a game that are not possible and make guys drool.

There is inconsistency, he needs a lot more coaching and he could bust. His ceilings no is very high, but he needs at least a season or two to get ready.

Not sure if the #2 pick in the draft should sit for two years. Again, he needs time.

There is a ton to like there. He is smart, he is a great athlete, elite arm talent.

I would be very OK with us taking him, but I would not expect him to have the reins until 2020.

Comment

Flip flopping isnt allowed. You must select your choice by January and never waiver. Stop promoting chaos
                sigpic

Comment

Allen certainly looks the part. No other QB in this draft class screams "potential hall of famer" but Josh Allen. That's how high his ceiling is. The question is whether he hits that mark. He has work to do just like all of the QBs in this class. He's built just like Ben Roethlisberger, can scramble like Aaron Rodgers, but just needs to get comfortable in the pocket. I don't think the Giants draft a QB this year. I still think they go in an alternate direction. After years of bad Jerry Reese picks, I think they just go with the safe high talent pick (Chubb/Nelson).

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post
                    There are a lot of things I like about Josh Allen too, but bear in mind, he would play average for most of a game, make some pretty poor throws, and then unleash 1-3 ungodly throws in a game that are not possible and make guys drool.

There is inconsistency, he needs a lot more coaching and he could bust. His ceilings no is very high, but he needs at least a season or two to get ready.

Not sure if the #2 pick in the draft should sit for two years. Again, he needs time.

There is a ton to like there. He is smart, he is a great athlete, elite arm talent.

I would be very OK with us taking him, but I would not expect him to have the reins until 2020.
                    Iím fine with that. I think you give him to Shurmur and Shula and let him just develop until itís time. Heís shown me already that he can really take too coaching with what he has done working with Jordan Palmer. A little extra time to turn those techniques into muscle memory will provide amazing results.

Comment

Originally posted by compaqnigg View Post
                      Allen certainly looks the part. No other QB in this draft class screams "potential hall of famer" but Josh Allen. That's how high his ceiling is. The question is whether he hits that mark. He has work to do just like all of the QBs in this class. He's built just like Ben Roethlisberger, can scramble like Aaron Rodgers, but just needs to get comfortable in the pocket. I don't think the Giants draft a QB this year. I still think they go in an alternate direction. After years of bad Jerry Reese picks, I think they just go with the safe high talent pick (Chubb/Nelson).
                      Thatís how I felt for much of this off-season. But boy...I just canít shake the feeling that Josh Allen should be the guy. Heís the kid that would most benefit from the kind of situation weíd have here where Eli is gonna play at least another year. Possibly 2. And heís gonna have a HC and OC that can really be hands on in his development. Not to mention his HC knows how to tailor his offense around his guyís strengths. Also. The offense that Allenís HC Bohl runs was initially implemented by none other than Pat Shurmur himself long ago.

http://www.danpatrick.com/2018/04/03...tz-josh-allen/
                      Last edited by GoDeep13; 04-14-2018, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post
                        His ceilings no is very high, but he needs at least a season or two to get ready.

If by "his ceilings no is very high" means he has the biggest upside of any QB, I agree. And if this organization really thinks Eli has a couple more years in the tank, we would be a natural team to take him and develop him.

But I think Gettleman would need to absolutely love him to take him at 2. Taking a flyer on what many think is the 4th or 5th best QB in the draft in your first year as GM takes balls and love.

Comment

Should, Cleveland take Allen
                          It doesn't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by fifthavephil View Post
                            Should, Cleveland take Allen
                            It doesn't matter.
                            Is that part of a haiku?

Comment

I think he meant Josh Rosen.
                              Long Live the King

Comment