Itís happened. Iíve changed my preference

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoDeep13 View Post
    Iím fine with that. I think you give him to Shurmur and Shula and let him just develop until itís time. Heís shown me already that he can really take too coaching with what he has done working with Jordan Palmer. A little extra time to turn those techniques into muscle memory will provide amazing results.
    That would be the hope, and I think this would be one of the best situations in the league for Allen to walk into. Ironically, and as crazy as this sounds, with what John Dorsey is doing, Cleveland is a good situation for him too. Tyrod is a good bridge QB (I actually like Tyrod), they have a decent OL, they have real good skill position guys like Landry, Gordon, Njoku, Duke Johnson, so there will be some games win and some talent there, and he can spend a year learning underneath Hue and Todd Haley.

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

If by "his ceilings no is very high" means he has the biggest upside of any QB, I agree. And if this organization really thinks Eli has a couple more years in the tank, we would be a natural team to take him and develop him.

But I think Gettleman would need to absolutely love him to take him at 2. Taking a flyer on what many think is the 4th or 5th best QB in the draft in your first year as GM takes balls and love.

I think that it will depend on their trade on him for sure, obviously Dave and Pat won't take him if their grade on him isn't high.

I do think this this would be a great situation for him to walk into. Learn from Eli and even from Davis Webb. Hone his craft for a year underneath Shula and Shurmur, clean up his game, and next year see what the deal is. Davis Webb will have a year in the system, and then you move forward with what you hope are two good young QBs.

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

If by "his ceilings no is very high" means he has the biggest upside of any QB, I agree. And if this organization really thinks Eli has a couple more years in the tank, we would be a natural team to take him and develop him.

But I think Gettleman would need to absolutely love him to take him at 2. Taking a flyer on what many think is the 4th or 5th best QB in the draft in your first year as GM takes balls and love.

It couldnít be said any better ... it would take ďballs and loveĒ to take this guy at 2

Comment

Right position, wrong name.

Comment

They MUST get this pick right. I do see Allenís upside, just as there are good points for all the top QBs in this draft. However, I also see great bust potential with all of them, especially Allen and Darnold. Do you roll the dice on possibly a 50/50 shot or do you take the perceived safer route: Chubb/Nelson (maybe after trading down if possible). Iím glad Iím not the GM, thatís for sure.

Comment

i never base my judgement on what one or two pro-athlete writers or not hired by an NFl team experts say. IMO: you have to read the con-athlete articles also. Somewhere in the middle is where the actual semitruth lies.
              Last edited by TEM; 04-14-2018, 09:47 AM.
              The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
                I can't wrap my head around people rooting that we take a specific position only. It doesn't make sense to me. If you think a certain player is awesome and want him I get it. If you just trust the GM to make the right choice that should extend passed just a single position. Is there a QB you really want us to get?
                I can wrap my head around it. If the use a particular choice instead of the position is conveyed. They can't bash the QB with any vivor if the one he chooses is picked becomes not what was intended. It is not about the who is the the QB. It about being able to bash the QB no matter who it is. If the Giants draft a "QB" and not a name . They can not be wrong. " Well that is not the one I would have picked" Or "that is the guy I wanted".
                The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

I sort of agree with OP. Why it's just "sort of" is because of how lacking he is on anticipated throws on short and intermediary routes.
                  Even at the combine where things are semi setup, he was so slow on his out route throws.
                  I don't think there's a NFL offense that is designed for consistent hail mary plays.
                  But his physical tools are 2nd to none. His attitude is great, and I think he can handle pressure.

It all depends on what team he goes to, and if the staff in place believes they can work on getting him acclimated to a short throwing game.
                  Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game.

Comment

Been watching a bunch of Allen highlights. Like 2/3 of his completions were to wide open receivers. I also saw a bunch of throws that probably would have been picked in the NFL. Definitely see the potential, but needs a lot of work.

Comment

Working...
                    X