Draft Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft Question

Not saying it'll happen,but let's say Dave trades with the Bills come draft day,with our cap as it stands,do we gain extra $ to sign that extra 1st rounder and any other pick in this year's draft or would have to fit them in with the $ we have currently

Just guessing but I don't think the NFL grants you extra $$.

Comment

Here this thread gives some info

http://boards.giants.com/forum/new-y...-it-be-created
      Football has been very, very good to us.
      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
      4-New York Giants!!!
      5-NE
      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Pick 2 cost is $5,725,405
        Pick 12 cost is $2,718,200
        PIck 22 cost is $2,121,730

Trading down is a net gain of $885,475 in cap space in the 1st round.
        The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
          Pick 2 cost is $5,725,405
          Pick 12 cost is $2,718,200
          PIck 22 cost is $2,121,730

Trading down is a net gain of $885,475 in cap space in the 1st round.
          Where do these numbers come from, and why doesn't it matter what the field position is? I tried to create a thread asking about this, and got no responses. Thanks for any additional info, or a list of all first round projections for me to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

Where do these numbers come from, and why doesn't it matter what the field position is? I tried to create a thread asking about this, and got no responses. Thanks for any additional info, or a list of all first round projections for me to understand.
            The salaries are slotted based only on draft position. 1st overall gets the most .. Second is slightly less then that.. 3rd overall is less then 2nd Etc ...

​​​​​​
            ​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by giants8493 View Post

The salaries are slotted based only on draft position. 1st overall gets the most .. Second is slightly less then that.. 3rd overall is less then 2nd Etc ...

​​​​​​
              ​​​​​
              So the league predetermines these numbers, and produces a list each off season? Can someone post this? I hadn't thought much about this before, and assumed each team offers an amount after the draft process - based on position importance or projected talent.

Comment

So the league predetermines these numbers, and produces a list each off season? Can someone post this? I hadn't thought much about this before, and assumed each team offers an amount after the draft process - based on position importance or projected talent.
                typically they are loosely based on the contract in the same slot the year before. So the #1 pick this year will make a touch more than #1 last year, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch842 View Post

typically they are loosely based on the contract in the same slot the year before. So the #1 pick this year will make a touch more than #1 last year, etc.
                  Evidently, the CBA changed how rookie contracts could be negotiated in 2011. Teams used to be able to determine the contract, and agents could reject them before that. It's more cut and dry, now.

Comment

Evidently, the CBA changed how rookie contracts could be negotiated in 2011. Teams used to be able to determine the contract, and agents could reject them before that. It's more cut and dry, now.
                    very much so. It's why so few rookies end up holding out now. There is a bit of flexibility in the non monetary clauses, which hold them up a bit sometimes.

Comment

It is the monetary value of the draft pick and has nothing to do with position picked.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/draft/
                      The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

It is the monetary value of the draft pick and has nothing to do with position picked.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/draft/
                        Gotcha, thanks for the list.

Comment

Gotcha, thanks for the list.
                          glad i can help.

Comment

glad i can help.
                            I do miss all the "why don't you just look it up on the internet, instead of asking stupid questions here" responses that I used to get, when I first started posting on this site.

Comment

I do miss all the "why don't you just look it up on the internet, instead of asking stupid questions here" responses that I used to get, when I first started posting on this site.
                              Is the purpose of the site to exchange info and ideas?

Comment

Working...
                              X