No announcement yet.

Confidence going into the draft feels strange

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very hard to screw up this #2 pick. A top QB prospect, or Barkley, or Chubb, or Nelson, or trade back and still get Nelson.
    "it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

Originally posted by StewieZ View Post
      Hello parade...here comes some rain.

How are the Giants close to contending? They made the playoffs once in 6 years and were bounced in the first round, They are coming off a 3-13 season. If you were an outsider looking in you wouldn't take the Giants seriously...nor should you. As for Gettleman and all this faith in him ... I'm not so sure about that either. There was another thread in here about him not drafting an all pro in rd 1? Did I get that right? Hope so. I saw his list of picks and it's not overly impressive. Let's hope he gets it right here or he'll be gone quick.
      Well considering the East is pretty unbalanced and we do not know how Wentz will come back from injury...its not unreasonable to think 9-7 or 10-6 wins it. I genuinely feel adding a run game will take the game out of Eli's hands to win or lose. We have the receivers. We have the QB. The defense is "ok". Running game and offensive line and I may get a little excited.

Comment

Anything other than a QB at number 2 I will be fine with. They take a QB at#2 over all and the season is down the tubes.

Comment

Originally posted by G1.. View Post
          Anything other than a QB at number 2 I will be fine with. They take a QB at#2 over all and the season is down the tubes.
          I'm not leaning towards QB either but this statement is ridiculous.
          "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
          "No...I didn't."
          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

So one player on a 3-13 team is going to make or break next season? Ok

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

Some on the board won't at the time of the pick.
              Totally true but let's enjoy the calm before the storm.
              No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

If they take a QB a 2 its not just a pick for this season. He probably wont even play this year, which is fine. Were not one player away this season anyway.

Comment

fine. But the future is bright. Rather do that than scuffle in mediocrity for a decade.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

So one player on a 3-13 team is going to make or break next season? Ok
                    well they somehow think this is a SB contending team. Did last year happen? Or did I dream that?

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post

Totally true but let's enjoy the calm before the storm.
                      I agree. Hopefully cooler heads will prevail .
                      The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

Hello parade...here comes some rain.

How are the Giants close to contending? They made the playoffs once in 6 years and were bounced in the first round, They are coming off a 3-13 season. If you were an outsider looking in you wouldn't take the Giants seriously...nor should you. As for Gettleman and all this faith in him ... I'm not so sure about that either. There was another thread in here about him not drafting an all pro in rd 1? Did I get that right? Hope so. I saw his list of picks and it's not overly impressive. Let's hope he gets it right here or he'll be gone quick.
                        Exactly 1 year ago, "an outsider looking in" at the Jaguars and/or the Rams was saying the exact same thing about those 2 teams that you are saying about the Giants today.

Comment

Oh stop it. Just stop.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen46 View Post

Exactly 1 year ago, "an outsider looking in" at the Jaguars and/or the Rams was saying the exact same thing about those 2 teams that you are saying about the Giants today.
                            He does not want the Giants to win next season. Just let it go. We can remain optimistic without him.
                            The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

Haha you say optimistic...I say delusional. I'd love to fast forward this a few yrs... see the look on your faces. They take Barkley. No SB. Then Eli retires...and you've got Barkley and a mediocre QB. Then it's 5 yrs down the road...Barkley wants a big contract...you guys are *****ing to not give him one cuz "we haven't won anything with him" (ala Odell)

oooh you're gonna love this team with Barkley. I won't be watching. I wash my hands to it if it goes down the way you guys want it. Hope you like being the Buffalo Bills, the Miami Dolphins, ..etc. cuz that's where this is going. You guys have no vision for the future. It's all win now at all costs. But the funny thing is this team isn't even a win now team. They aren't capable of winning a SB....can't you see that? And if you don't I'd love to bet you $100K on it. Heck. I'll bet my house on it

Comment

well they somehow think this is a SB contending team.
                                Who is they, no one said anything of the sort.

Comment

Working...
                                X