Confidence going into the draft feels strange

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TrueBlue2180 View Post

If they take a QB a 2 it’s not just a pick for this season. He probably won’t even play this year, which is fine. We’re not one player away this season anyway.
    No it's the mind set of the coaching staff and the front office that will be conveyed to the team ,no one said one player away. I honestly prefer we trade back and fill the Oline ,D Line and the LBers maybe a DB. That would help the team now and in the long run ,take a QB now and you're telling the team that was the problem and it wasn't.

Comment

I feel differently. Unless we get a situation where the guy we pick is a total surprise, I see strengths in all of the players projected to be top 5ish players. Of course, I like some more then others but I do not hate any of the potential picks. Even Nelson, who plays the least sexy position in football, is an amazing prospect that I wouldn't mind seeing in Blue.
      sigpic

Comment

Well I keep hearing about how drafting a QB is a waste ... won't help next season... it's win now. If that doesn't mean win a SB then what does it mean? Cuz winning the wild card and getting bounced out in rd 1 means nothing to me unless you're building on that. With a 37 yr old QB what are you building?

You have to build the foundation for this franchise for the next decade. Taking a QB sets that up. Not a Guard, not a RB.

Comment

Gentleman wants football players. Reese wanted number guys. I will take the football players everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by cheapseats View Post
            Thanks for the thoughtful responses and the welcoming messages for this first-time poster. Let me add that while I acknowledge that Reese and his staff made some good picks for us, what bothers me most is that they seemed to tip their hand too often, and they prepared too little for the what-if scenarios: What if our guy isn't there when our turn comes? (Answer: We get Flowers and Apple.) Also, I'm really bothered by two things I've read this offseason -- (1) that Reese didn't bother going down the road to Rutgers to do any scouting, and (2) that McAdoo never met Webb before drafting him in the third round. I know Rutgers isn't Clemson or Alabama, but they do play other schools and, if I'm not mistaken -- I should look this up, I know, and maybe I'm wrong -- I believe I read that the Patriots had three Rutgers players on their roster last season. The Patriots are pretty good, right? As for McAdoo, well, his performance speaks for itself.
            Nicely put. I wouldn’t mind one Rutgers player this year...I think Turay is gonna be solid. Also, welcome to the board I’m somewhat new myself; some good people on here and besides we all bleed Big Blue!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rpisco View Post
              Gentleman wants football players. Reese wanted number guys. I will take the football players everyday.
              More to the point, Reese passed over football players to reach for all those crazy things he seemed to value. He was looking for the needle in the haystack all the time. THe shiny penny that was going to bring us all good luck, etc, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by StewieZ View Post
                Haha you say optimistic...I say delusional. I'd love to fast forward this a few yrs... see the look on your faces. They take Barkley. No SB. Then Eli retires...and you've got Barkley and a mediocre QB. Then it's 5 yrs down the road...Barkley wants a big contract...you guys are *****ing to not give him one cuz "we haven't won anything with him" (ala Odell)

oooh you're gonna love this team with Barkley. I won't be watching. I wash my hands to it if it goes down the way you guys want it. Hope you like being the Buffalo Bills, the Miami Dolphins, ..etc. cuz that's where this is going. You guys have no vision for the future. It's all win now at all costs. But the funny thing is this team isn't even a win now team. They aren't capable of winning a SB....can't you see that? And if you don't I'd love to bet you $100K on it. Heck. I'll bet my house on it
                if you don't like what the giants are doing go root for another team now. no sense waiting. 2-3 more years. if we take Barkley and he has 100 yard or more a game and we win Barkley won the game not Eli. you will not give Eli credit for anything. plus Weeb may be better than a mediocre QB.plus the coaches know a lot more than us.

Comment

Working...
                X