extending Eli's career

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• extending Eli's career

more i think about it the more i consider the new GMs take on Eli having a few good "years" left will be the driving factor for the #2 pick. The absolute best career extender fot Eli is s super running game. "With the #2 pick, the NY Giants select Barkley!" (i.e., unless they trade down)

Maybe.
    Most here will not like that idea though.
    "If the Giants don't take a QB at 2, then they are convinced Webb is the future."
    and
    "You don't take a RB at 2."
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

His career is already extended. What they think of Webb and the top QB prospects will weigh way more heavily than Eli being next seasons starter.
      Eliís 2019 cap hit will determine more about his future with the team.
      "it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

Eli is done. Hopefully this front office realizes it. And you fans. The sooner you come to grips with that the better. It's like an alcoholic. The first step to getting better is admitting you're one. Once we come to grips that this guy can not win another SB , the quicker we can get off this dead end track we're on.

This team is not a consistent playoff contender. I say that continues with Eli at the helm. He's not suddenly going to lead this team to the promised land. I like to win SB. I'm thinking some of you are just happy going 9-7.

Comment

Originally posted by StewieZ View Post
          Eli is done. Hopefully this front office realizes it. And you fans. The sooner you come to grips with that the better. It's like an alcoholic. The first step to getting better is admitting you're one. Once we come to grips that this guy can not win another SB , the quicker we can get off this dead end track we're on.

This team is not a consistent playoff contender. I say that continues with Eli at the helm. He's not suddenly going to lead this team to the promised land. I like to win SB. I'm thinking some of you are just happy going 9-7.
          I assume 2 things: 1) you cannot explain why the GM/HC think Eli has time left without using some non-football reason 2) you are 100% certain that whoever we pick at QB wont be a bust
          "I hire my brains"...Horace Trumbauer

Comment

Originally posted by Delicreep View Post

I assume 2 things: 1) you cannot explain why the GM/HC think Eli has time left without using some non-football reason 2) you are 100% certain that whoever we pick at QB wont be a bust
            Well #2 is a lock because it won't be Eli Manning.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

Well #2 is a lock because it won't be Eli Manning.
              The words I never want to hear are, "well...still, it's better than Eli would have done".

Comment

Eli is done. . And you fans..
                Really ,how do you know,what makes you an expert ,please inform us of your experience in this field so we will all agree with your diagnoses.,or not.

Question if we are the fans, what in the h e ll are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Red Dog View Post
                  more i think about it the more i consider the new GMs take on Eli having a few good "years" left will be the driving factor for the #2 pick. The absolute best career extender fot Eli is s super running game. "With the #2 pick, the NY Giants select Barkley!" (i.e., unless they trade down)
                  If what they are saying is true I think itll either be Barkley or Nelson. I think Nelson is the safer pick TBH and you can pick up a good RB later
                  Last edited by gntsfn; 04-14-2018, 11:53 PM.

Comment

The words I never want to hear are, "well...still, it's better than Eli would have done".
                    Rest easy, I'm sure that would never happen here.
                    sigpic

Comment

as long as some have the patience to give the new qb 30 starts to prove himself as was done with eli.

Comment

I really want to know why you guys are clinging to a 37 yr old QB. You really think he's good? I've never seen a player get a pass like this guy does. Never. Not even Jeter. It's sacrilegious to want to transition to a new QB? And I have to prove to you that he's not the player he was?

Hes 37. Not sure how much longer you guys want him to play. Some on here even mention the word extension. That is sooo wacked it's not beyond words.
                        They have made the playoffs once in 6 seasons.
                        They haven't scored 30 points in 2 seasons.
                        Other teams have drafted young QBs and turned it around.
                        There are plenty of better teams in the NFC.

There I gave you some reasons. I'm sure none of these are Elis fault so I'm not sure why I even watsed my time typing them.

Comment

I really want to know why you guys are clinging to a 37 yr old QB. You really think he's good? I've never seen a player get a pass like this guy does. Never. Not even Jeter. It's sacrilegious to want to transition to a new QB? And I have to prove to you that he's not the player he was?

Hes 37. Not sure how much longer you guys want him to play. Some on here even mention the word extension. That is sooo wacked it's not beyond words.
                          They have made the playoffs once in 6 seasons.
                          They haven't scored 30 points in 2 seasons.
                          Other teams have drafted young QBs and turned it around.
                          There are plenty of better teams in the NFC.

There I gave you some reasons. I'm sure none of these are Elis fault so I'm not sure why I even watsed my time typing them.
                          Agree. Some of these guys are going to need therapy when the Eli era is over...seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

Rest easy, I'm sure that would never happen here.
                            I feel better already.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBluerekncrew View Post

Agree. Some of these guys are going to need therapy when the Eli era is over...seriously.
                              I want a new QB, but I at least acknowledge that taking a new QB comes with risks.

For you, it comes across like finding a new franchise QB is simply a matter of putting a name, any name, on a card and presto - we are transformed!
                              This, despite the history.

It's a risk, a necessary one...it is not a sure shot.

Comment

Working...
                              X