extending Eli's career

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StewieZ View Post

You bet it gets under my skin!! Because anyone that thinks he's a long term solution AND that he still has IT....is lost. And shouldn't be making decisions for a franchise. It's so blatantly obvious it's beyond comprehension.
    who said long term the front office didn't even say that,this team needs so much,this narrative that they are a talented roster and just need a QB and a tweek here and there is a joke,the roster building will benefit Webb and Eli and in the end who ever they draft,Eli is not and will not be a long term solution unless he produces out of his mind.

Comment

Originally posted by big blue dog View Post

LOL that is a silly statement he can not be judged by the last 2 years alone the talent level on the team especially in the trenches on the offensive side was pathetic,sometimes I wonder how people can't get how important it is to be able run the ball consistently, yards per carry doesn't tell the story being one dimensional is a huge problem and the Giants have been that for many years,not saying they don't need to find his replacement that has to be first and for most but the idea that playing with half an offense is the QBs fault is as shocky would say tom foolery.
      I just humor Morehead at times. This is one of them.
      The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

They might draft a QB , I wouldn't have a problem with that.
        No one says they have to draft him in the first round DG might try his hand at finding some mid round talent.

Comment

Originally posted by big blue dog View Post

No one says they have to draft him in the first round DG might try his hand at finding some mid round talent.
          That is a possibility I really like ( My sleeper QB) Brandon Silvers

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...silvers-2.html
          The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

That is a possibility I really like ( My sleeper QB) Brandon Silvers

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...silvers-2.html
            interesting,on BBK they were talking about another sleeper boom just can't remember the kids name but there are some QB sleepers out there.

Comment

I just humor Morehead at times. This is one of them.
              He actually loves Eli unconditionally,no matter how good or bad he plays lol.

Comment

The head coach saying he has years left. By your statement he should not be making decisions . I guess you are disappointed. Oh well another thing you will have to deal with.

Both owners the GM the HC and The OC all have stated confidence with him . You're right and they are wrong because?
                Im hoping to God this is just a smoke screen and to get the fans off their *****. Right now any bad word said about Eli and you're a traitor. Just take a look on this website. So they don't want to go down that road. And what are they really gonna say? Eli rots? They can't say that.

Now if they truuuuly believe it is another story...and yes if they do believe it , then YES I am RIGHT and sadly they are WRONG. Because if you really think Eli Is good...then you're nuts. He's mediocre at best.

Comment

I love how taking a QB at #2 is risky but not in the middle rounds. Unreal. Absolutely unreal. We can't get our franchise QB at 2 but somehow we'll find this diamond in the rough in rd 4. Too funny.

Yeah yeah Tom Brady..yeah yeah

Comment

Im hoping to God this is just a smoke screen and to get the fans off their *****. Right now any bad word said about Eli and you're a traitor. Just take a look on this website. So they don't want to go down that road. And what are they really gonna say? Eli rots? They can't say that.

Now if they truuuuly believe it is another story...and yes if they do believe it , then YES I am RIGHT and sadly they are WRONG. Because if you really think Eli Is good...then you're nuts. He's mediocre at best.
                    You may be disappointed. The way i see it if they wanted to move on from him, they would have Tyrod-ed him. Last I saw he is still on the roster. Now if you are so right on and the entire Giants staff is wrong with your views on the assessment of QBs . Why are you stuck as MB poster ?
                    Last edited by TEM; 04-15-2018, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tito-Wooten View Post

we had 2 RBs that averaged around 4.5 yards a carry last year and when you add up their yardage it's over 1000 yards. the run game was not "totally ineffective," especially after fluker started playing since that was his strength. the pass blocking was mostly atrocious, and of course the WR corps was completely decimated but then again Eli wasn't exactly lighting the world on fire in 2016 for that matter either. he had a late career renaissance for whatever reason in McAdoo's years as a coordinator (probably because Gilbride's offense was complex and resulted in a lot of mistakes for both the QB and pass catchers, and of course OBJ didn't hurt) but I think it's safe to say he's not magically going to start playing great again as a 37 year old. maybe Shurmur could get something out of him, I guess we'll find out.

as far as the people who are arguing that Shurmur and Gettleman keep saying about how Eli has "years" left keep in mind that's what they are saying publicly. nobody knows what they're saying behind closed doors. saying anything negative about eli manning after what happened last season could result in a riot. also there have been reports that the giants are going to be trying to use misdirection and subterfuge when it comes to the draft this season after everybody and their brother knew who the giants coveted the past few drafts thanks to jerry reese and co. and teams like the bears traded ahead of us to take the guy we wanted. all this talk about barkley, chubb, nelson, or trading down could simply be spin when they're really targeting a QB. maybe they were hoping the browns would risk drafting barkley 1st and taking a QB at 4 but now that the jets traded up i don't think there's any chance of that happening.
                      Tito this is an excellent post, you make a lot of points. I do remember Fluker being a savior on the O line. I was so mad at McAdoo for not putting him in sooner. Until McAdoo was forced to put Fluker in he would have sat all year. As good as the numbers are in the run game as yards per carry it we still couldn't count on it. The run game certainly couldn't carry the offense or even make the defense play honest. They certainly couldn't score. A strong RB that you could give the ball to 15-20 times a game and could actually run inside beside a variation of a draw play and make the defense actually play for the run would be a tremendous difference in our offense.

Tito I too was screaming for the Giants to re sign Fluker. I was thinking 2 big guys like Fluker and Flowers ( I thought it could make Flowers so much more effective) on the same side would produce a strong run game with Solder and 1 of these top 4,5,6, Guards in the draft on the left side.

McAdoo was very effective as an OC but just God awful as a HC. Maybe he needs a hat sitting on top of him so he runs the ball once in awhile. Schumer is going to be such an improvement on offense it just is going to make Eli much more effective.

I honestly believe Eli could this year with a run game could reach his usual 30+ TD's and 4000+ yards. IMHO Eli still has plenty left in his tank. This is just what I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post

Such a coward...
                        I see the bully is name calling now.

Comment

THIS....is why I can't take this board seriously. Why in the world would you extend a 39 yr old QB making $20M. Thank God your not the GM.

I dont know why or where or how this love affair with Eli came about. It's scary. It got Mcadoo canned instantly and forced us to have Eli start meaningless games down the stretch. Maybe if the fanbase didn't cry we'd know what Webb is. Nope.
                          So you have a problem with the Saints giving Brees who is 39 years old a 25 million dollar extension??

Comment

Working...
                          X