Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

‘This is the guy Dave wants’: The whispers around Giants’ No. 2 pick ?????!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by giants8493 View Post

Well I said that mainly based off of me hearing the phrase "and they use swing passes like that almost as an extention of their running game" that I have been noticing said more often.

But obviously being better at running the football is a good thing.
    I did not think you were we don't need a running game to be successful guys.
    The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

It's real simple to me...I would pick Barkley if Cleaveland does not take him....if they do then I would take Darnold

Comment

Originally posted by StewieZ View Post

why do most of you want to model this team after the Dallas Cowboys? You hate the Cowboys ...and they haven't won squat in decades
        it will be fun fighting with the boys for 2nd in the division for years to come because philly knew what to do at #2 overall.

Comment

Giants are prob the 3rd best team in their division... but we are a win now team ready to make a "run". Haha

Comment

Originally posted by gibril28wilson View Post

but...Mcaffrey is more a pass catching back. He had 435 yards on 117 carries for a 3.7 average. He had 80 catches for 651 yards too..

kinda goes against your mcaffrey and running the ball argument, no?
            Yes McCaffrey is more of a catching back. Barkley, at 230lbs is BOTH. And he can pass protect.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...barkley-1.html

Comment

Originally posted by kjmanoni View Post

it will be fun fighting with the boys for 2nd in the division for years to come because philly knew what to do at #2 overall.
              Exactly!

Comment

Originally posted by moosedrool View Post

Yes McCaffrey is more of a catching back. Barkley, at 230lbs is BOTH. And he can pass protect.

Are we convinced that Barkley will be better than Guice in the NFL? Guice is better at running between the tackles and breaking tackles.

Comment

Originally posted by StewieZ View Post
                  Giants are prob the 3rd best team in their division... but we are a win now team ready to make a "run". Haha
                  I can name 6 teams that are better than us. I don't understand how you can go 3-13 and the very next season be in win mode.

Comment

Are you listening, Cleveland? If you want both Barkley and a quarterback, you might have to draft Barkley 1st overall then a QB at 4th overall.

Comment

Originally posted by moosedrool View Post

but i dont understand how that situation has any correlation? Panthers already had an MVP QB and a good defense, so he took a play maker.

and just like people like to nitpick the DG sayings like "we want a gold jacket player at 2" but no one mentions that DG also said he doesnt want the team to be in QB hell in the future.

everyone needs to understand that they have said everything. they are setting smoke screens. when the offseason first started it was reported giants are going to run a disinformation campaign so leaks dont happen like the last few years:

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-g...eaks-115577469

now all of a sudden everyone wants to take all the information for gospel? they've said a thousand different things to not say anything at all.

everyone says barkley like he's the only RB in the draft class. We could draft a rb in rounds 2-5 who could all contribute to the team this year, it happens quite often.

Comment

if you don't love a QB.. Take Barkley or Chubb.. very simple

Comment

Originally posted by gibril28wilson View Post

but i dont understand how that situation has any correlation? Panthers already had an MVP QB and a good defense, so he took a play maker.

and just like people like to nitpick the DG sayings like "we want a gold jacket player at 2" but no one mentions that DG also said he doesnt want the team to be in QB hell in the future.

everyone needs to understand that they have said everything. they are setting smoke screens. when the offseason first started it was reported giants are going to run a disinformation campaign so leaks dont happen like the last few years:

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-g...eaks-115577469

now all of a sudden everyone wants to take all the information for gospel? they've said a thousand different things to not say anything at all.

everyone says barkley like he's the only RB in the draft class. We could draft a rb in rounds 2-5 who could all contribute to the team this year, it happens quite often.
                          I'm not taking anything for gospel. I'm doing my own player evaluations and combining that with DG's 3 mantras.

I don't think any of these QB's are worth #2 overall. I do think Barkley, Chubb, and Nelson are.

Comment

Originally posted by Cruzan 26 View Post

Are we convinced that Barkley will be better than Guice in the NFL? Guice is better at running between the tackles and breaking tackles.
                            I am convinced. Guice's running style lends itself to a short NFL career. Barkley is faster, better hands, and better in pass pro.

Comment

Working...
                            X