Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is who Getty wants (Smoke Screen Alert Below?)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is who Getty wants (Smoke Screen Alert Below?)

https://nypost.com/2018/04/14/this-i...nts-no-2-pick/

You know what? If he doesnít like the QBís, then hard to argue with this logic

Comment

Besides those who have a desire for one specific player, I think this is pretty predictable. I do think Darnold is still in the mix. That said, and going back to Gettleman's first interview (I believe), he wants to stop the run, run the ball, and rush the passer. The best two prospects to do just that are Barkley and Chubb.

To me, and as big of a NC State fan as I am, I think you take Barkley at #2 as he's simply a once in a lifetime prospect. As mentioned numerous times, if we end up getting Nelson or Chubb I hope it's after trading back a few spots.
      NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
      Garrett Bolles - OT
      David Njoku - TE
      Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

If Gettleman doesn't take one of these QBs then he really shouldn't have this job and will ruin this franchise for a while. Let's all revisit the Dave Brown years. Guy is obsessed with grinding the clock. Go GM Dallas then. Have a blast. Not really sure how a RB or DE is going to carry a team on its back to a SB. And I'm tired of hearing how great Barkley is. I've seen great college backs like Herschel, Sanders, Dickerson, Bo Jax....this guy ain't them.

Im hoping Mara has the balls the say something ... and Shurmur...hopefully he chirps in. Can't have 1 guy with this ground and pound vision running this show solo. It's archaic. I just don't think this works in today's NFL. They've geared all the rules around allowing teams to throw. Take advantage of that.

Comment

Near perfect is hard to beat. I think Darnold is in the mix. I personally don't think Chubb is the right fit for us but if Bettcher and G-Man think he fits the plan on D and is versatile enough to play DE/LB then I bet he would be a killer. Also no way they don't consider Nelson, dude is a beast, I don't care where on the OL he plays.
          LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
          "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

It didnít tell me anything I didnít already know and have been saying for months!
            Back when I first predicted that Gettleman would take Barkley and people told me I was off my rocker predicting running back at 2!!
            Imnot trying to make myself out to be some genius....which Iím definitely not, I simply listened to the manís formula for winning football at his hiring presser.
            Last edited by bigblue58; 04-14-2018, 10:52 PM.
            "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Still , no one knows what direction we are going.
              This is Great, compared to past years.
              This Board will be lit up on the day of the draft.

Comment

It will be Darnold, Barkley or Chubb. Canít draft a bust so I would not blame the GM at all for taking the highest rated player they can.

Comment

Originally posted by StewieZ View Post
                  If Gettleman doesn't take one of these QBs then he really shouldn't have this job and will ruin this franchise for a while. Let's all revisit the Dave Brown years. Guy is obsessed with grinding the clock. Go GM Dallas then. Have a blast. Not really sure how a RB or DE is going to carry a team on its back to a SB. And I'm tired of hearing how great Barkley is. I've seen great college backs like Herschel, Sanders, Dickerson, Bo Jax....this guy ain't them.

Im hoping Mara has the balls the say something ... and Shurmur...hopefully he chirps in. Can't have 1 guy with this ground and pound vision running this show solo. It's archaic. I just don't think this works in today's NFL. They've geared all the rules around allowing teams to throw. Take advantage of that.
                  What if he doesnt believe any of these QBs are worth a 2nd overall pick??
                  Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

DG is doing a great job by keeping everyone guessing. These type of articles will come up everyday with another player until the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by StewieZ View Post

What QB do you want us to take If Darnold is gone?

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

What QB do you want us to take If Darnold is gone?
                        personally, I like Mayfield, but would be pretty shocked if the Giants took him. I'd also be ok with Rosen, although the medical is pretty scary. He would have the benefit of sitting for awhile, which could allow better healing, nobody really knows how that will go. Allen is intriguing, and would probably be the consensus #1 if he was more accurate.

Comment

Kase-1 & TCHOF.....+1

This idea we have to draft a QB is ridiculous. If Darnold is picked by the Browns, there isn't a single QB worth the #2 pick. They all have question marks, even Darnold, but the question marks for the others outweigh the potential of a Barkley, Nelson, Chubb, etc. You don't simply pick a QB for the sake of picking a QB. Again, that's ridiculous.

Rd 1
                          Garrett Bolles - OT
                          David Njoku - TE
                          Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Originally posted by fletch842 View Post

personally, I like Mayfield, but would be pretty shocked if the Giants took him. I'd also be ok with Rosen, although the medical is pretty scary. He would have the benefit of sitting for awhile, which could allow better healing, nobody really knows how that will go. Allen is intriguing, and would probably be the consensus #1 if he was more accurate.
                            This entire statement goes towards my point above. I see nothing but "if's," "medical history," "intriguing," etc. None of those are descriptions of a player I would want to draft at #2. Especially at a position as critical as QB.

Rd 1
                            Garrett Bolles - OT
                            David Njoku - TE
                            Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Originally posted by Piddy283 View Post

This entire statement goes towards my point above. I see nothing but "if's," "medical history," "intriguing," etc. None of those are descriptions of a player I would want to draft at #2. Especially at a position as critical as QB.
                              I totally agree with your assessment. Yes, I know thereís usually questions with any prospect, but in this case, this year, the Giants MUST get this 100% right. We canít afford more drafting mistakes.

Comment

Working...
                              X