Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is who Getty wants (Smoke Screen Alert Below?)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mj312 View Post

Yes , that is exactly what I mean by one last run. Gettleman is not coming in with the anticipation of writing off Eliís last year or last years. If he thinks we are a few pieces short of having a decent year I donít think heís takes a QB with the 2 pick. I think he takes a player that is an immidiate impact / starter . If he thinks we are in a complete rebuild then Qb it is .
    taking a qb at 2 doesnt mean the Giants are in complete rebuild mode.

Comment

Yes , that is exactly what I mean by one last run. Gettleman is not coming in with the anticipation of writing off Eliís last year or last years. If he thinks we are a few pieces short of having a decent year I donít think heís takes a QB with the 2 pick. I think he takes a player that is an immidiate impact / starter . If he thinks we are in a complete rebuild then Qb it is .
      I do not think that will be the thought process at all.

If Gettleman loves a franchise QB on the board at #2, he will take him. If not, he won't.

I highly doubt that his decision will be made based upon trying to maximize Eli's last two years.

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post
        It will be Darnold, Barkley or Chubb. Canít draft a bust so I would not blame the GM at all for taking the highest rated player they can.
        I would be happy with any of the above

Comment

Originally posted by gibril28wilson View Post

taking a qb at 2 doesnt mean the Giants are in complete rebuild mode.
          Well 28, it doesn't do anything for this season. So it is using our best asset to build a step in the future not the present. I believe that falls in the rebuild column.

Comment

Originally posted by shocknaweny View Post

I would be happy with any of the above
            agree, and with me you can throw in the trade back for top draft picks. 1st and 2nd rounders.

Comment

If we draft Barkley at 2, he will get the guaranteed money that Bell is seeking from the Steelers. Let that sink in for a moment.

Comment

Josh Allen is who he wants

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

I do not think that will be the thought process at all.

If Gettleman loves a franchise QB on the board at #2, he will take him. If not, he won't.

I highly doubt that his decision will be made based upon trying to maximize Eli's last two years.
                  I just donít see them loving any of these QBs enough to draft them at 2. I think if they were hell bent on a guy they would have released Eli . Thereís just too many impact players they can take or trade down for extra picks to take a guy they are unsure of. I could be wrong , I just hope Iím not .

Comment

It will be Darnold, Barkley or Chubb. Canít draft a bust so I would not blame the GM at all for taking the highest rated player they can.
                    well then that eliminates darnold from the equation...has bust written all over him.

Comment

I firmly believe Rosen is in the mix as long as Giants are comfortable with his medical history. He can start day one.

Comment

Originally posted by blu_buddha View Post

I firmly believe Rosen is in the mix as long as Giants are comfortable with his medical history. He can start day one.
                        rosen can not start from day one,,are you insane? he needs at least 2 years to sit and learn.

Comment

Originally posted by JameyC View Post

well then that eliminates darnold from the equation...has bust written all over him.
                          Disagree. To me he is the best QB in the draft. If I was an NFL GM I would trade up for Darnold, but not for any of the others.

But yes, many QB picks do not work out

Comment

Originally posted by JameyC View Post

rosen can not start from day one,,are you insane? he needs at least 2 years to sit and learn.
                            You have no idea what you are talking about

Comment

Originally posted by Fvital92 View Post
                              If we draft Barkley at 2, he will get the guaranteed money that Bell is seeking from the Steelers. Let that sink in for a moment.
                              He will get paid the same contract that Jerick McKinnon just signed with the 49ers. Let that sink in. Jerick McKinnon...lol. And by the end of his rookie deal he will be paid less than 15 others RBs even if he is the best RB ever.

Tom Brady makes less than Stafford, Carr and Flacco.
                              LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                              "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

This is what I'm afraid of. 'One last run' and we finish 8-8. Welcome to QB hell.

Comment

Working...
                                X