Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is who Getty wants (Smoke Screen Alert Below?)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JameyC View Post

rosen can not start from day one,,are you insane? he needs at least 2 years to sit and learn.
    I think you have your Joshes mixed up lol. Allen needs to sit, Rosen is ready but fragile.

Comment

Originally posted by PRGiant View Post

This is what I'm afraid of. 'One last run' and we finish 8-8. Welcome to QB hell.
      We could take a Qb at 2 and still end up in Qb hell. I guess know matter who we pick thereís a chance they will be great but a bigger chance they will be average or a flop . I just want to see that pick be used on an immediate starter.

Comment

Originally posted by Mj312 View Post

We could take a Qb at 2 and still end up in Qb hell. I guess know matter who we pick thereís a chance they will be great but a bigger chance they will be average or a flop . I just want to see that pick be used on an immediate starter.
        I don't think an immediate started put us in SB contention (and I love Barklet, Chubb and Nelson) and of course we can bust on a QB but imagine trading up and getting a bust. I just think that IF they identify a franchise QB you HAVE to take him, if you don't see it, pick another position or probably trading down is the smart move.

Comment

Originally posted by PRGiant View Post

I don't think an immediate started put us in SB contention (and I love Barklet, Chubb and Nelson) and of course we can bust on a QB but imagine trading up and getting a bust. I just think that IF they identify a franchise QB you HAVE to take him, if you don't see it, pick another position or probably trading down is the smart move.
          Yeah I can understand that . If they have one guy that they absolutely 100% want then they should take him if heís there. However , itís just my feeling that they donít really have that one guy . The QBs in this draft seem to be ranked all over the place with no certain #1 guy . This is what puts us in a strange position when it comes to QB bc if we pick a guy and he ends up being the wrong guy itís going to really mess us up for years .

Comment

Originally posted by StewieZ View Post
            If Gettleman doesn't take one of these QBs then he really shouldn't have this job and will ruin this franchise for a while. Let's all revisit the Dave Brown years. Guy is obsessed with grinding the clock. Go GM Dallas then. Have a blast. Not really sure how a RB or DE is going to carry a team on its back to a SB. And I'm tired of hearing how great Barkley is. I've seen great college backs like Herschel, Sanders, Dickerson, Bo Jax....this guy ain't them.

Im hoping Mara has the balls the say something ... and Shurmur...hopefully he chirps in. Can't have 1 guy with this ground and pound vision running this show solo. It's archaic. I just don't think this works in today's NFL. They've geared all the rules around allowing teams to throw. Take advantage of that.
            LOL...and if he does and they flop? Only time will tell what the right pick was...the only sure thing seems to be Nelson. I bet you would not bet your house or anything substantial on a given QB....maybe for this forum but not in real life. It's easy to sit at home and scream guarantees because there is nothing at stake for you and those who do.

Comment

Originally posted by Mj312 View Post

Yes , that is exactly what I mean by one last run. Gettleman is not coming in with the anticipation of writing off Eliís last year or last years. If he thinks we are a few pieces short of having a decent year I donít think heís takes a QB with the 2 pick. I think he takes a player that is an immidiate impact / starter . If he thinks we are in a complete rebuild then Qb it is .
              Wentz is better than Eli at this point. The whole sit behind Eli concept is a weak one IMO. If we draft a QB at 2 he starts period. Can someone name the last QB taken top 3 in recent years that sat behind a vet?? I can't think of one right off (serious question)

Comment

Originally posted by BornBlue37 View Post

Wentz is better than Eli at this point. The whole sit behind Eli concept is a weak one IMO. If we draft a QB at 2 he starts period. Can someone name the last QB taken top 3 in recent years that sat behind a vet?? I can't think of one right off (serious question)
                Trubiski last year drafted #2, Glennon was the starter coming out of camp.

Comment

Working...
                X