I hope we are bluffing...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OdirtyB View Post
    ...and that we are all in on taking a quarterback (hopefully Darnold)...

I understand the temptation for considering a huge haul if we trade back. However, let me argue against that temptation:

When is the next time we will be drafting #2, let alone the top 5, let alone the top 10? And when is the next sure thing coming out (it's not next year, that's for sure). I think if we move back and get a huge haul, there is a good likelihood that we will pick up a fair number (~4-5) of very good players. This will help the team undoubtedly. However, in the long run, this may be a curse as these players will be good enough from keeping us in the basement, but will leave us in the unenviable draft position of never being able to pick a legitimate franchise QB.

I love Nelson and Barkley, but I am no ALL IN on a qb.

Just my 2 cents.

Ideal Draft:

Round 1: Sam Darnold
    Round 2: Isaiah Wynn or Billy Price
    Round 3: Rasheem Greene
    Round 3: Holton Hill
    Round 4: Josey Jewell
    Sure thing? There isnít one QB going in the draft, who is a ďsure thingĒ!!
    And you donít know that a good NFL QB wonít be available in the 2019 draft.
    Forget a QB at 2 cuz itís not happening! Itís gonna be Barkley if heís still there or a hog Molly if he isnít!
    The number 2 pick has to be a player who will start contributing in 2018.
    Thats the tip off that it wonít be a QB.

Last edited by bigblue58; 04-16-2018, 07:51 AM.
    "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post

Picking a QB would be dumb, and Gettleman isnít dumb!
      Forget a QB at 2 cuz itís not happening!
      The number 2 pick has to be a player who will start contributing in 2018.
      Thats the tip off that it wonít be a QB.

Why do you think it would be dumb to take a QB?

Comment

#2 pick is gonna be mara and tischís call ultimately and if itís not a QB they are telling us Webb is the guy and that heís better than the 4-5 going in this years first round. I expect to hear that publicly so fans with QB concerns know that the long term question has been answered.

Comment

Originally posted by kjmanoni View Post
          #2 pick is gonna be mara and tischís call ultimately and if itís not a QB they are telling us Webb is the guy and that heís better than the 4-5 going in this years first round. I expect to hear that publicly so fans with QB concerns know that the long term question has been answered.
          I really don't think Webb will have anything to do with this decision simply because the people making the decision don't have enough info on him. The decision will be based on if they think a Qb at #2 has what they think it takes to be great. It could also have to do with how close they think we are to competing for a title and how long Eli has left. If they think adding Chubb makes us compete for the SB this year they will draft Chubb.
          LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
          "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
            I really don't think Webb will have anything to do with this decision simply because the people making the decision don't have enough info on him. The decision will be based on if they think a Qb at #2 has what they think it takes to be great. It could also have to do with how close they think we are to competing for a title and how long Eli has left. If they think adding Chubb makes us compete for the SB this year they will draft Chubb.
            I think it does . They have NCAA film on all the prospects . The scouting staff will watch most or a good portion of it. That is a given. The staff also has Collegiate film on Webb that can be viewed . What Webbs' film shows will have a direct influence on what the FO does. I just do not believe the narrative, there is not enough on Webb.
            The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
              I agree that we are all basically speculating what they think. I just have doubts that they will be better than philly no matter who they draft. I also find it hard to believe that even if Darnold went 1, supposedly their favorite, that they donít see a franchise guy in any of the other qb options. we shall see what happens. i do not see barkley as an option though as we would then have the highest paid WR, LT, and one of the top paid RBís just on offense.

Comment

If DG trades back it better be for a Ricky Williams tyoe price I won't be satisfied with a couple late 1sts and a third

Comment

Originally posted by OdirtyB View Post

I really, really hope Darnold is there (and would even consider trading up). If he is not, I would go with Mayfield. I am scared of Rosen's attitude and concussion history. I am scared of Allen's inaccuracy.

As to cheapseats' point of getting a QB later, look at last year's playoff QBs:

Mariota: #1 pick overall
                  Smith: #1 pick overall
                  Brady
                  Taylor (Buf): 3rd round pick
                  Bortles (Jax): top 5 overall pick...awesome D
                  Ryan (Atl): 3rd overall pick
                  Goff (LA): #1 overall pick
                  Wentz (Phi): 2nd overall pick
                  Keenum: later round...awesome D
                  Newton: #1 overall pick
                  Brees: 2nd round

So of all the playoff QBs, 7 of the 12 were top 5 overall picks
                  1 was Brady
                  1 was Brees
                  1 was Taylor
                  2 were later round QBs with amazing defenses.
                  Mariota was a 2nd overall pick

Comment

Working...
                  X