Should we try to trade ....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we try to trade ....

The 34th pick for a lower second and a extra third round pick.

naa i dont think so. Way too good of talent may be available at 34. unless they have a few guys all ranked around the same and have no preference, then i can see them trading down. But to get an extra 3rd you're probably dropping 10+ spots to 44/50.

Comment

34 is almost a lower 1st . I would want 2 second rd picks at minimum.
      The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

Someone giving up a 1st Round pick next year for it? Because in this deep draft that is basically another 1st Round Pick.

Also we already have a extra 3rd Round Pick thanks to the JPP to the Bucs Deal

Comment

What did the Giants give up to move up for
          L. Collins ?

Comment

Originally posted by fifthavephil View Post
            Depends how low we are moving down, honestly id probably stay put. Someone ranked high will fall to the top of the 2nd

LOTS of good talent floating around in the 2nd
            Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by fifthavephil View Post
              I've brought this up in multiple threads. Nobody seems to talk about us trading down in rounds 2-5. Only in round 1. If we play our cards right, we can easily come away with 7-10 draft picks this year, and can really fill some holes and bolster depth.

I love the possibilities we have drafting at #2 in each round. This draft is going to be fun.
              NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
              Garrett Bolles - OT
              David Njoku - TE
              Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

WHy would we trade back from talent for more of less talent?

It's one thing to trade back from the top 2 to acquire a lot of quality picks in rounds 1-2....But dropping out of the 2nd would be a huge mistake
                Long Live the King

Comment

If, we don't pick Barkley NO.1
                  S. Michel is at 34 i would not trade but if he is taken.
                  Why not, a guy like Ragnow we can get get later in the second round. I would like to get D. LEONARD, D. Harrison, B Parker, N. Shepherd, Ballarge or Freeman. and a CB in the third round. I think this year third round is talanted.

Comment

There will be a really good player sitting there at pick 34.

Billy Price, Sony Michelle, Isiah Wynn, Frank Ragnow, Christian Kirk, DJ Chark, a couple of those guys will be there, I'll want to grab one of them. In fact, I'd like to go down from 2 to Number 5 or 6 and grab a high second rounder this year in the process, as long as we are not picking QB in the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post
                      There will be a really good player sitting there at pick 34.

Billy Price, Sony Michelle, Isiah Wynn, Frank Ragnow, Christian Kirk, DJ Chark, a couple of those guys will be there, I'll want to grab one of them. In fact, I'd like to go down from 2 to Number 5 or 6 and grab a high second rounder this year in the process, as long as we are not picking QB in the first round.
                      I’m all in with that plan Tommy Ribs. Trade down to 5 or so still possibly get Chubb/Barkley/ or an Edmunds. Problem is finding someone to trade with.

Comment

Originally posted by Sicko View Post
                        Someone giving up a 1st Round pick next year for it? Because in this deep draft that is basically another 1st Round Pick.

This is not a deep draft class. Almost all scouts I've read agree on this. There is about 1 round of good players then it drops off a lot. The RB draft class is deep but everything else falls off. I think that's why so many teams will try to move up in this draft not only because of the QBs but so they can try to get some of the good talent at the end of the first round. I would not move back in this draft in the 2nd round. I'd rather move back into the 1st round from our 2nd round pick to be honest; if we had to pick between those two options (trading back or trading up).. Get the 5th year option on a player.

Comment

Take Derrius Guice and move on

Comment

Originally posted by Sicko View Post

Comment

Originally posted by compaqnigg View Post
                              This is not a deep draft class. Almost all scouts I've read agree on this. There is about 1 round of good players then it drops off a lot. The RB draft class is deep but everything else falls off. I think that's why so many teams will try to move up in this draft not only because of the QBs but so they can try to get some of the good talent at the end of the first round. I would not move back in this draft in the 2nd round. I'd rather move back into the 1st round from our 2nd round pick to be honest; if we had to pick between those two options (trading back or trading up).. Get the 5th year option on a player.
                              I think the class is very deep at certain positions. QB, RB, DB even WR OL(guard and RT specifically)... it isn't deep at D perhaps Te perhaps... there are only 3 guys that have first round grades at DE and then a steep drop off supposedly. TEs not considered top knotch guys perhaps.

but There are a record number of underclassmen that declared, so i don't know how anyone can say it isn't a deep draft. Depends on the definition of deep. To me deep means it has a lot of players in it to choose from. Mathematically, the more players to choose from, the better chance of more good players. It is very simple in my mind. To each his own. bill bellichick just stated publicly that he thought besides a hand full of picks the draft class was good in all of round 1 at least>>>>

'Realistically, just about everybody is in play for New England come the first day of the draft, Belichick said.

“Other than a handful of guys,” he added.'
                              https://www.necn.com/news/new-englan...479636133.html
                              Last edited by bigpoppy; 04-16-2018, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X