Gettleman's need for HOF'er?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gettleman's need for HOF'er?

Has anyone seen DG's track record around first-rounders? Not great to say the least and much of the jury is still out regarding recent years. I hear/ read that the QB class does have any candidates that fit his idea of HOF (smokescreen?) but Saquon Barkley does? Just hope to God that cooler heads prevail and the fact that there is no long-term solution for QB.....A lot of QB's are in the NFL that will not be HOF, pull the trigger Dave!

He made 5 picks all are starters in the NFL, What is your point on "not great to say the least". He did get the team to the playoffs 4 times in 5 years, before him 6 year drought, I think one of them was a SB appearance.
    Last edited by TEM; 04-16-2018, 11:43 AM.
    The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
      He made 5 picks all are starters in the NFL, What is your point on "not great to say the least". He did get the team to the playoffs 4 times in 5 years, before him 6 year drought, I think one of them was a SB appearance.
      This thread seems like a "pick a QB at all costs" thread in disguise. I think we should take Barkley and run a wild cat offense. He did have 416 QBR in college. Two birds, one stone.
      LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
      "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
        This thread seems like a "pick a QB at all costs" thread in disguise. I think we should take Barkley and run a wild cat offense. He did have 416 QBR in college. Two birds, one stone.
        First this Barkley character wants to steal receptions from our team's receivers, and now he wants to steal pass attempts from our QB? When will the madness end!

Comment

If they are not in love with a QB, then they should not take one. Personally I will be upset if we don;t draft Mayfield or Darnold, but if we go with Chubb or Barkley, I will understand that it is because they don't love one of the QBs, and for a first round QB, you really should love the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
            ROTF
            The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post
              If they are not in love with a QB, then they should not take one. Personally I will be upset if we don;t draft Mayfield or Darnold, but if we go with Chubb or Barkley, I will understand that it is because they don't love one of the QBs, and for a first round QB, you really should love the guy.
              You could add Nelson to the position player list, even if 2 is a bit high for a guard. I think its equally high for a running back, perhaps even worse, if you look at contract values.

I'd also be accepting if we took Rosen or Allen, even though I have reservations about both of them. Since Eli will be starting this year, you never know what a year of development will do.

Comment

I like the criteria that you should be looking for a HOFer at pick number 2.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

Faluk was in the 2011 class. There are players still playing with longer tenure Eli, Brady.... Nerither are #2 overall
                  I will cut it off at 2011. That is 75 years of drafts. 12 HOFers with the #2 overall.

#2 overall pick that are in
                  Marshall Faulk
                  Eric Dickerson
                  Lawrence Taylor (Giant)
                  Tony Dorsett
                  Randy White
                  Tom Mack
                  Joe Namath
                  Merlin Olsen
                  Ollie Matson
                  Y.A. Tittle (Giant)
                  Sid Luckman
                  George McAfee

16% chance of drafting a HORer with the pick.

On a further note IMO:

These guys should be in . ( snubbed)
                  Neil Smith
                  Cornelius Bennett
                  Roman Gabriel
                  Norm Snead (Giant)

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                    Cool, then we should have no problems and nothing but high expectations with this years draft picks. How is this so easy?

Comment

Originally posted by SugarBear56 View Post

Cool, then we should have no problems and nothing but high expectations with this years draft picks. How is this so easy?
                      Would you prefer that he set his sights lower?

Comment

The Giants have a 50% rate of drafting Hall of Fame players with the 2nd pick. That needs to be his aim.
                        LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                        "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by fletch842 View Post

You could add Nelson to the position player list, even if 2 is a bit high for a guard. I think its equally high for a running back, perhaps even worse, if you look at contract values.

I'd also be accepting if we took Rosen or Allen, even though I have reservations about both of them. Since Eli will be starting this year, you never know what a year of development will do.
                          I actually prefer Nelson to Chubb and Saquon, but supposedly he is not in the mix at #2, unfortunately. But I could be totally wrong, and I hope that I am.

Grab Nelson, grab a RB in Round 2, grab a corner and LB in round 3...

I think Shurmur and Shula working with Josh Allen would be a great scenario.

I like Josh Rosen more and more too. I don't think they take either one if they are there though.

If they Stay at #2 I think they have it narrowed down to one of these three:
                          - Barkley
                          - Chubb
                          - Darnold

I do not think they have them numbered 1-3 yet. I think that is this week's homework assignment.

Comment

Itís a good measure. It pretty much locks him in to Barkley or a QB. Chubb also in the mix a little, but my suspicion would be Barkley outranks him on the HoF test

Comment

Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

First this Barkley character wants to steal receptions from our team's receivers, and now he wants to steal pass attempts from our QB? When will the madness end!
                              If that S.O.B tries to pick up a blitzer I'm gonna lose my mind

Comment

Working...
                              X