Gettleman's need for HOF'er?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post
    If they are not in love with a QB, then they should not take one. Personally I will be upset if we don;t draft Mayfield or Darnold, but if we go with Chubb or Barkley, I will understand that it is because they don't love one of the QBs, and for a first round QB, you really should love the guy.
    I feel like some of the message board would have been better off if this was put as a "Sig" as a disclaimer of sorts. I feel the exact way on your posts in this thread

Comment

Originally posted by NetSymptom View Post

If that S.O.B tries to pick up a blitzer I'm gonna lose my mind
      LoL!

Comment

I feel like some of the message board would have been better off if this was put as a "Sig" as a disclaimer of sorts. I feel the exact way on your posts in this thread
        It's interesting, we have been hearing for well over a year how THIS draft is the draft to get a QB, and when you look closely at at it, there are 4 or 5 good prospects, but the cream is not rising to the top in the process and at #2 we will not take one, even though it would be a good time to.

But I'll say this, I will respect the organization if they pass on a guy because they weren't in love with who was there, and they take a different position that they have a conviction on.

Over the next week, it will be interesting to continue to read the Tea Leaves about what we do.

It is actually fun.

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post
          Itís a good measure. It pretty much locks him in to Barkley or a QB. Chubb also in the mix a little, but my suspicion would be Barkley outranks him on the HoF test
          Actually, if you made me pick 1 guy that I think will be a potential HoF'er , I would say Nelson.
          sigpic

Comment

BottoMline- New GM and HC are on clock, both in the draft and in their positions as Giants leadership. If I could ask them both one question, it would be this: Can you afford to stay with your current QB situation and not pick a QB for future long-term or do you think your current QB and team will be competing for a SB within the next two years? If it were me, you take a QB that may keep your job for 7-10 yrs, not 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarBear56 View Post
              BottoMline- New GM and HC are on clock, both in the draft and in their positions as Giants leadership. If I could ask them both one question, it would be this: Can you afford to stay with your current QB situation and not pick a QB for future long-term or do you think your current QB and team will be competing for a SB within the next two years? If it were me, you take a QB that may keep your job for 7-10 yrs, not 2 years.
              i agree with this 100%. Especially since this team is not a SB contender

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
                This thread seems like a "pick a QB at all costs" thread in disguise. I think we should take Barkley and run a wild cat offense. He did have 416 QBR in college. Two birds, one stone.
                Lamar jackson has wild cat written all over him! QB,RB WR and Safety...that's 4 birds with one stone!

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

Lamar jackson has wild cat written all over him! QB,RB WR and Safety...that's 4 birds with one stone!
                  He can't run or throw (going by QBR) or catch as good as Barkley, plus Barkley can return punts and kickoffs and punt and pick up the blitz. 7 birds, one stone.

Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
                  First this Barkley character wants to steal receptions from our team's receivers, and now he wants to steal pass attempts from our QB? When will the madness end!
                  I hear he can block too stealing jobs from the OL/TEs and he already got our kick returner cut. They might have to pay him more than $7.5m a year to make it fair.
                  LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                  "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

If that S.O.B tries to pick up a blitzer I'm gonna lose my mind
                    LOL, It's been so long in seeing something like that, on our team...gotta start preparing for the possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post
                      If they are not in love with a QB, then they should not take one. Personally I will be upset if we don;t draft Mayfield or Darnold, but if we go with Chubb or Barkley, I will understand that it is because they don't love one of the QBs, and for a first round QB, you really should love the guy.
                      I agree 100% . If there is not a Qb that says i am the only guy , Then there is no guy.
                      The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

I agree 100% . If there is not a Qb that says i am the only guy , Then there is no guy.
                        i mean there were a ton of questions about Goff and Wentz that came out and no one was sure they should go 1-2 at all...and now look at them. that's not really the best measure.

There's multiple good QBs in this draft, this is not a normal occurrence where projected 4 QBs could go in the top 10. It's not all because of need, it's because these are actually good QBs.

Comment

Originally posted by gibril28wilson View Post

i mean there were a ton of questions about Goff and Wentz that came out and no one was sure they should go 1-2 at all...and now look at them. that's not really the best measure.

There's multiple good QBs in this draft, this is not a normal occurrence where projected 4 QBs could go in the top 10. It's not all because of need, it's because these are actually good QBs.
                          Did anyone think Wentz would be this good? Goff this good in year 2? No one...

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
                            He can't run or throw (going by QBR) or catch as good as Barkley, plus Barkley can return punts and kickoffs and punt and pick up the blitz. 7 birds, one stone.

I hear he can block too stealing jobs from the OL/TEs and he already got our kick returner cut. They might have to pay him more than $7.5m a year to make it fair.
                            https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/...individual/469

L jackson is the better runner if you go by those stats^^^ but 7 stones is tough to beat

Comment

Same thought for both teams that they're on, considering the turmoil of one being dismantled, and the other moving again. But they were also built around the lines, properly.

Comment

A good amount of people thought Wentz would be good in time. Most people really did not like Goff.

It just goes to show how much good coaching plays a role in these guys being successful.

QB is the hardest position in all of sports to play. 11 guys are trying to stop you by playing mental games with you and harming you physically. Defensive co-ordinators study hours of tape scheming to stop what you do best. You have to have guys on your side teaching and guiding to help you overcome these things.

If Rosen, Mayfield, Allen and Darnold go to teams with good staffs and patient ownership, they all have a real good chance of being good.

Look at Eli, there were moments early on where he looked like a flatout mistake. Tom was extremely patient with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X