SAQUON BARKLEY is our pick?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAQUON BARKLEY is our pick?

Louis Riddick is not a Giants insider, but he might know something that outsiders do not.

If that is the case, then expect this: The Giants will eschew taking a quarterback in the upcoming draft, opting instead to use the No. 2-overall pick on Penn State running back Saquon Barkley.

“I have a feeling that there is a strong, strong, strong sentiment within that building for Saquon Barkley, based upon my experience there, if you know what I mean,’’ Riddick said Monday on a conference call.

Was Riddick winking slyly when he said that? There was no way to tell that over the phone, but clearly, he believes he knows something that others might not.

Back on Dec. 21, the Giants were saddled with a record of 2-12, having already fired their head coach and general manager when they interviewed Riddick for the GM position left vacant when Jerry Reese was dismissed, a position that went to Dave Gettleman. Riddick, an ESPN analyst with strong NFL ties as a former player and personnel executive, met with Giants owners John Mara and Steve Tisch and also Ernie Accorsi, the former general manager hired as a consultant for the search. The Giants’ power brokers did not clue Riddick in on everything relating to the team, but, based on spending time with the owners, Riddick believes Barkley should and will be the pick.

“I think Saquon Barkley is just a special kid, I really do,” Riddick said. “I think he will help Eli [Manning] because he will give him someone who he can turn around and hand the ball off to between 25 and 28 times a game.”

https://nypost.com/2018/04/16/ex-gia...-2-pick-plans/
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 04-16-2018, 09:18 PM.

What are we going to do about QB ???

Maybe trade back into the 1st?

Attached Files

Comment

It is called conjecture and that is what he's paid to do.
      Nothing more nothing less.
      No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

I’n December you would’ve been laughed at if you suggested Josh Allen could go #1 or Minkah Fitzpatrick could drop out of the top 10.

things change...

Comment

Or Louis Riddick and Brown Elvis, the Gmen are floating Barkley out there in order to entice the Browns to trade up to 2.

We will know soon enough.

The rest is just window dressing.....

Comment

This is the giants trying as hard as possible to let the Browns know that if they don' take Barkley they won't get him period IMO. Why would anyone say what they are really thinking to reporters. They want darnold I think and are playing mind games. And if they want to trade down, having all the qb's there is to to their advantage as well to get the max price

Comment

All I know is whoever we draft has to be a major contributor to this franchise. If not it can set this franchise back years.

Thats why I want either Barkley or trade back and grab Nelson. Both players I feel are going to have great NFL careers. Nelson I think will be as good as Zach Martin.

Comment

Originally posted by Roswell View Post
                Or Louis Riddick and Brown Elvis, the Gmen are floating Barkley out there in order to entice the Browns to trade up to 2.

We will know soon enough.

The rest is just window dressing.....
                LMAO.....I was watching the NFL network.....it sounds like a done deal.......I will not be mad.....but I prefer Rosen. We need to address the QB situation IMO. Sadly looking at all the picks I would like.....Nelson, Rosen, Chubb and Barkley.......It makes me ponder........The Giants have been run so poorly......of the years.....personal wise.....I do believe we are at least 2-3 years behind......but with the right choices....we will be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by brownelvis54 View Post
                  Louis Riddick is not a Giants insider, but he might know something that outsiders do not.

If that is the case, then expect this: The Giants will eschew taking a quarterback in the upcoming draft, opting instead to use the No. 2-overall pick on Penn State running back Saquon Barkley.

“I have a feeling that there is a strong, strong, strong sentiment within that building for Saquon Barkley, based upon my experience there, if you know what I mean,’’ Riddick said Monday on a conference call.

Was Riddick winking slyly when he said that? There was no way to tell that over the phone, but clearly, he believes he knows something that others might not.

Back on Dec. 21, the Giants were saddled with a record of 2-12, having already fired their head coach and general manager when they interviewed Riddick for the GM position left vacant when Jerry Reese was dismissed, a position that went to Dave Gettleman. Riddick, an ESPN analyst with strong NFL ties as a former player and personnel executive, met with Giants owners John Mara and Steve Tisch and also Ernie Accorsi, the former general manager hired as a consultant for the search. The Giants’ power brokers did not clue Riddick in on everything relating to the team, but, based on spending time with the owners, Riddick believes Barkley should and will be the pick.

“I think Saquon Barkley is just a special kid, I really do,” Riddick said. “I think he will help Eli [Manning] because he will give him someone who he can turn around and hand the ball off to between 25 and 28 times a game.”

https://nypost.com/2018/04/16/ex-gia...-2-pick-plans/
                  Maybe it's just me, but calling an opinion "it's official" just gets old.

Comment

LMAO.....I was watching the NFL network.....it sounds like a done deal.......I will not be mad.....but I prefer Rosen. We need to address the QB situation IMO. Sadly looking at all the picks I would like.....Nelson, Rosen, Chubb and Barkley.......It makes me ponder........The Giants have been run so poorly......of the years.....personal wise.....I do believe we are at least 2-3 years behind......but with the right choices....we will be ok.
                    What’s the done deal? A trade back to 4? Because if the Giants trade back to 4 then they can have the first 3 picks in the second round plus some picks in 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by Roswell View Post

What’s the done deal? A trade back to 4? Because if the Giants trade back to 4 then they can have the first 3 picks in the second round plus some picks in 2019.
                      I don't think Barkley makes it to the 4th pick....

Comment

I don't think Barkley makes it to the 4th pick....
                        He doesn’t if the Browns want him and they trade up to get him. The Browns have an opportunity to have the first two picks in the first round.

And the Giants have the opportunity to have the 4th pick in the first round and the first 3 picks in the second round (plus other picks).

That’s what I’m hoping happens.

Comment

It's pretty funny how the Giants supposedly met with Darnold today and are meeting with Josh Allen tomorrow but the experts are telling us our pick has already been decided.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                            It's pretty funny how the Giants supposedly met with Darnold today and are meeting with Josh Allen tomorrow but the experts are telling us our pick has already been decided.
                            April is the official liars month on the NFL.
                            Believe nothing you hear.
                            No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Louis Reddick knew so much about the team and the owners that he didn’t get hired....

Comment

Working...
                              X