• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rosen most likely to slide and other rumours

2018 NFL Draft: Josh Rosen could slide; Colts looking to trade

Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks
    NFL.com

With 10 days to go until the 2018 NFL Draft, I spoke to several sources around the league this weekend as I gathered intel for my next mock draft (dropping on Tuesday). Now, I'm always a little skeptical of the buzz this time of year with so much draft misinformation being circulated, but when I'm hearing the same things from at least a few different teams, I give it a little more validity. Here are 10 things I'm hearing from multiple clubs.

1) Josh Rosen is the QB most likely to slide:Everyone I've talked to around the league believes there will be three quarterbacks selected within the first five picks of the draft. That means someone out of the "big four" QBs -- USC's Sam Darnold, Wyoming's Josh Allen, Oklahoma's Baker Mayfield and UCLA's Rosen -- could slide a little bit. When I bring up this topic with personnel executives, Rosen is the one they point to as the most likely slider of the group. I personally believe Rosen is the second-best quarterback in the draft class behind Darnold, but the former Bruins QB might fall out of the top 10. Why? Part of it comes back to the durability concerns for Rosen that we've heard about throughout the process. We'll continue to hear people question his intangibles as a leader, but that's far less of a concern than the fact that he missed half his sophomore year with a shoulder injury and suffered two concussions last season.

... read more
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...oking-to-trade

I agree with that for sure. He could go early because of his talent on the field but his injury to his shoulder, his mush brain, his leadership questions and his big mouth could easily scare teams off.

The other one that stood out to me was the love for Ro Smith and Tremaine Edmunds. Both those dudes are studs. There are some very good players in this draft.
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post
      2018 NFL Draft: Josh Rosen could slide; Colts looking to trade

Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks
      NFL.com

With 10 days to go until the 2018 NFL Draft, I spoke to several sources around the league this weekend as I gathered intel for my next mock draft (dropping on Tuesday). Now, I'm always a little skeptical of the buzz this time of year with so much draft misinformation being circulated, but when I'm hearing the same things from at least a few different teams, I give it a little more validity. Here are 10 things I'm hearing from multiple clubs.

1) Josh Rosen is the QB most likely to slide:Everyone I've talked to around the league believes there will be three quarterbacks selected within the first five picks of the draft. That means someone out of the "big four" QBs -- USC's Sam Darnold, Wyoming's Josh Allen, Oklahoma's Baker Mayfield and UCLA's Rosen -- could slide a little bit. When I bring up this topic with personnel executives, Rosen is the one they point to as the most likely slider of the group. I personally believe Rosen is the second-best quarterback in the draft class behind Darnold, but the former Bruins QB might fall out of the top 10. Why? Part of it comes back to the durability concerns for Rosen that we've heard about throughout the process. We'll continue to hear people question his intangibles as a leader, but that's far less of a concern than the fact that he missed half his sophomore year with a shoulder injury and suffered two concussions last season.

... read more
      http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...oking-to-trade
      The best part about this is that Allen wont slide. haha. The guy is such a bum, I wonder which team will draft him.

He'll eventually join Kyle Bollar, Cardale Jones, and the great Jarmarcus Russell as big armed QB's with no accuracy 'surprisingly' not making it in the pros.

Comment

this injury thing with Rosen is way overblown. He had minor shoulder surgery and showed no ill affects. Rosen also had a bad OL around him and was constantly getting beat up. Actually protect him like you're supposed to and he'll be fine. Plus if we draft Rosen he's not even playing for at least a year..he'll be long gone and healed from the concussions and everything.

Comment

Originally posted by gibril28wilson View Post
          this injury thing with Rosen is way overblown. He had minor shoulder surgery and showed no ill affects. Rosen also had a bad OL around him and was constantly getting beat up. Actually protect him like you're supposed to and he'll be fine. Plus if we draft Rosen he's not even playing for at least a year..he'll be long gone and healed from the concussions and everything.
          His shoulder was fine at the end of the year. Most NFL players have concussions, its nothing new.

Rosen is the best QB in the class, whichever non QB we potentially take better be worth it. Well, he wont be if one of the other QB's in the draft turn out to be franchise players.

What say you, Mr Gettlemen?

Comment

Well letís say Rosen....from a very well off family suffers 2 more concussions (4 total) over his first 4 years in the league.

He is a smart kid...he has made some NFL $$ for a few years and his family including his neurosurgeon father tell him Josh itís time to quit and do something more important with your life. I could see him as a candidate for an early retirement and I am one of his biggest fans on this board.

Comment

Rosen is the QB i'd want least. i put Lamar jackson over him as well.

the injuries are obviously a scare, but his passion does not seem to lie in football. it seems like more of a hobby to him.

and his recent comments are a big turn off. he contradicts himself every sentence. and his smuggness just reeks of ******. he has a worse attitude then Baker Mayfield imo. at least Baker is honest about what an A hole he is. Rosen just seems fake.

nothing worse then a phoney. QB most likely to bust imo

Comment

Originally posted by nygfan0816 View Post
                Rosen is the QB i'd want least. i put Lamar jackson over him as well.

the injuries are obviously a scare, but his passion does not seem to lie in football. it seems like more of a hobby to him.

and his recent comments are a big turn off. he contradicts himself every sentence. and his smuggness just reeks of ******. he has a worse attitude then Baker Mayfield imo. at least Baker is honest about what an A hole he is. Rosen just seems fake.

nothing worse then a phoney. QB most likely to bust imo
                Why does he have a bad attitude again?

Comment

Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post

Why does he have a bad attitude again?
                  just how he carries himself and his recent interviews were so two faced. says 1 thing in 1 sentence then in the next has a defferent approach to the subject. i dont like that.

hias team mates didn't like him for a reason, and im sure it was more then just 'jealousy' of Rosen's wealth. even his coached said Darnold should be picked at 1 over him. tried to cover it with the 'cause its a better fit' line, but there was more to that i think

Comment

Originally posted by nygfan0816 View Post

just how he carries himself and his recent interviews were so two faced. says 1 thing in 1 sentence then in the next has a defferent approach to the subject. i dont like that.

hias team mates didn't like him for a reason, and im sure it was more then just 'jealousy' of Rosen's wealth. even his coached said Darnold should be picked at 1 over him. tried to cover it with the 'cause its a better fit' line, but there was more to that i think
                    His teammates do like him. Find me one that doesn't.

How is he two faced again?

Comment

The Giants are not drafting Rosen.

Not happening.

They will take Allen in a heartbeat over Rosen.

Comment

This stuff about Rosen is so made up. That kid has handled himself completely fine in the pre draft process. A lot of these so called "personality" issues came from when he was a freshman. You can easily tell he has changed. And besides the concussions, the injuries are no worry. He is the best QB in this class. It would be a mistake to pass on him.

Comment

Allen wont slide. haha. The guy is such a bum, I wonder which team will draft him.
                          I'd take him. Thankfully most professionals disagree with your critique
                          2018 Draft Wishlist:
                          1. Josh Allen QB Wyoming
                          2. Sony Michel RB Georgia
                          3. Conner Williams OT Texas OR Orlando Brown OT Oklahoma
                          4. Rashaan Gaulden CB Tennessee

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
                          - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Then we should trade back and get him..
                            Long Live the King

Comment

Originally posted by gibril28wilson View Post
                              It is not overblown . The scrutiny with a high draft pick should be 100%. Not one stone should be left unturned. It is the only way you minimize risk. Later down the draft issues can be overlooked. Not with a #2 pick.
                              The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

Working...
                              X