Sean Payton Speaks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sean Payton Speaks

He says that no QB in this draft is as good as Luck or Wentz. Something to think about?

Luck is the best prospect to come out since Elway and Wentz was arguably the best qb in the league last season. Even if what Payton says is true, it doesn't mean the QBs aren't good

Comment

He wants them to drop so that the Saints draft one...

Comment

Originally posted by PRGiant View Post
        He wants them to drop so that the Saints draft one...
        +1

Even if he isn't though, the league, as a whole, is often wrong about QB prospects. More for QBs than any other position. If past drafts are a good guide, of the 6 QBs that supposedly are first round talents, at least 1/2 will be busts. The one I think is most likely to do well, Mayfield, has questions about him that may have him get passed over by at least a few teams needing QBs; which may result in one of those years where the best QB gets drafted later.

Comment

It doesn't really matter. The only thing that matters is what Gettleman and Shurmur think. If they agree then they won't take a QB. If they disagree then they will.

You should post the link though, I read this too in an article last night and his point wasn't just that there isn't a Luck or Wentz, his point was this class is overrated. This could be a ploy to get a QB to fall to him, or it could be the truth. Don't matter though.
          LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
          "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
            It doesn't really matter. The only thing that matters is what Gettleman and Shurmur think. If they agree then they won't take a QB. If they disagree then they will.

You should post the link though, I read this too in an article last night and his point wasn't just that there isn't a Luck or Wentz, his point was this class is overrated. This could be a ploy to get a QB to fall to him, or it could be the truth. Don't matter though.
            i see no reason for a HC to be open and truthful about player evaluations in this stage of the process.

Saints have a 39 year old QB. Teams will automatically assume Saints may be interested in a QB because of that and then trade up in front of the Saints to grab the QB before the Saints can. My guess is this is designed smoke to send out to hopefully prevent someone trading in front of them to grab a player if a player they like falls towards them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ward Cuff View Post
              He says that no QB in this draft is as good as Luck or Wentz. Something to think about?
              Well duh

Comment

It's pretty funny because 90% of analysts experts and fans were sold on the fact that the Goff Wentz class was awful for QBs too. Hindsight.

Evryone giving Wentz props saw that even without him the Eagles were just as good with Nick Foles. QB or system?

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                  It's pretty funny because 90% of analysts experts and fans were sold on the fact that the Goff Wentz class was awful for QBs too. Hindsight.

Evryone giving Wentz props saw that even without him the Eagles were just as good with Nick Foles. QB or system?
                  The problem is there are different levels of good and bad. The Goff Wentz class was "weak" because after them there was a stiff drop off. This class is "great" because there are 6 guys pretty evenly rated.

Originally posted by gibril28wilson View Post
                  i see no reason for a HC to be open and truthful about player evaluations in this stage of the process.

Saints have a 39 year old QB. Teams will automatically assume Saints may be interested in a QB because of that and then trade up in front of the Saints to grab the QB before the Saints can. My guess is this is designed smoke to send out to hopefully prevent someone trading in front of them to grab a player if a player they like falls towards them.
                  Well it's like poker. You can't bluff all the time. So either he loves the QBs and wants them to fall so he says this hoping to make others pass or at least not jump him. Or he says this with the hopes people think it's a bluff thinking he likes the QBs and they then jump him to get one leaving some other prospect for him to take. Trust no one. Stick to your own grades and see how it works out.

LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                  "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
                    The problem is there are different levels of good and bad. The Goff Wentz class was "weak" because after them there was a stiff drop off. This class is "great" because there are 6 guys pretty evenly rated.

It was called a weak class because there were, at the time, no top QB prospects in the class. You are right though when they talked about them it was top heavy with Goff Wentz and Lynch. I distinctly remember everyone talking about it being a weak class with no top level QBs. This class, Rosen and Darnold are talked about much more as top QBs. Then you got Baker who is my favorite and Allen emerging. And the other wild card in Lamar Jackson.

Out of those 5, would any surprise you if they succeeded in the NFL?

IMO, this class is not only better up top as far as projections, but also much deeper.

Comment

you know, sometimes it's the team that you don't hear a peep from that comes out of nowhere and makes the big deal. The Steelers and Chargers also have aging QB's and could very well make a move up to snag a QB.

Comment

Working...
                      X