We would be absolutely crazy to pass on Barkley

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We would be absolutely crazy to pass on Barkley

The mere thought of him in he backfield is enough to make me feel as though a return to the playoffs would be possible this year.

lol

Comment

Originally posted by NCGiantsFan1 View Post
      The mere thought of him in he backfield is enough to make me feel as though a return to the playoffs would be possible this year.
      Which playoff team are we kicking out from last year?
      Needs for 2016

DL, Secondary, RB, OL, TE, WR, LB

Comment

Originally posted by Dattdoode View Post

The Eagles of course.. **** them

Comment

Panthers

Comment

Originally posted by primetime View Post

LOL, ok....
            Needs for 2016

Comment

Could be any of them. I don't understand the question? When was the last time the same 8 teams made the playoffs in back to back years for the NFC or AFC? Has that ever happened?

Comment

Originally posted by primetime View Post

Hey, S.B. hangover, possible QB controversy, suspensions... you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by Elidagoat713 View Post

Panthers
                  As of now GB and Detroit didn't make the playoffs and are better then us. Im sure most would agree that Seattle, Dallas and probably SF are too. Who else is missing the playoffs, lol.
                  Needs for 2016

Comment

As of now GB and Detroit didn't make the playoffs and are better then us. Im sure most would agree that Seattle, Dallas and probably SF are too. Who else is missing the playoffs, lol.
                    Arizona will be a lot better as well. They crushed us without their QB and David Johnson.
                    All the playoffs teams, Seattle, Zona, Green Bay, SF, and Detroit are better than us.

We are a team in transition....from the old guard to a new future. No one will be afraid of us. we COULD compete...we COULD even challenge and have "meaningful games in December". but last year we didn't have "meaningful games" in friggin October for God's sake.
                    Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by NoHuddle10 View Post

Could be any of them. I don't understand the question? When was the last time the same 8 teams made the playoffs in back to back years for the NFC or AFC? Has that ever happened?
                      8 teams don't make the playoffs... 6 do. My point is... say we draft Barkley. We still cant block, wheres the pass rush and wheres the coverage. Lets not even talk about ST's where we haven't made a positive play in years And you are saying that the Giants should be in the mix of teams in the NFC w/ Philly, Rams, Saints, Falcons, GB, Minny, Panthers, Saints, Detroit, Dallas and SF? I think were are closer to the bottom 6 teams as oppose to the top 6 teams in the NFC.
                      Needs for 2016

Comment

I still think Nelson should be the pick after a trade down if the Giants donít take a QB. I get that people expect Barkley to be a great running back but honestly who knows. I think Nelson is the safer pick and they can grab a RB in a later round

Comment

Originally posted by NCGiantsFan1 View Post
                          Playoffs?.....Playoffs?...(in my best Jim Mora voice)......I would just be happy to see them competitive and creative offensively...and I think Barkley would make that happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Arizona will be a lot better as well. They crushed us without their QB and David Johnson.
                            All the playoffs teams, Seattle, Zona, Green Bay, SF, and Detroit are better than us.

We are a team in transition....from the old guard to a new future. No one will be afraid of us. we COULD compete...we COULD even challenge and have "meaningful games in December". but last year we didn't have "meaningful games" in friggin October for God's sake.
                            I 1000% agree, the Giants need to get a player that will play at a high level for the next 15 years, not 10 years tops. Rosen and Darnold are considered NFL read and will be 21 going into next year and you have a chance to draft one of them, you do it. There are no projected top flight QB's coming down the next few season and hopefully we aren't top 5 draft pick bad for a while. Im as big a Eli guy as there is on here. I've never been to Canton. If Eli gets inducted, i'll be there. That's how much respect I have for him and what he's done for this team and me as a fan. But Eli isn't the QB for the next 5 years. It just makes too much sense.
                            Needs for 2016

Comment

I 1000% agree, the Giants need to get a player that will play at a high level for the next 15 years, not 10 years tops. Rosen and Darnold are considered NFL read and will be 21 going into next year and you have a chance to draft one of them, you do it. There are no projected top flight QB's coming down the next few season and hopefully we aren't top 5 draft pick bad for a while. Im as big a Eli guy as there is on here. I've never been to Canton. If Eli gets inducted, i'll be there. That's how much respect I have for him and what he's done for this team and me as a fan. But Eli isn't the QB for the next 5 years. It just makes too much sense.
                              Josh Rosen is going to be a very good NFL QB. he has all the tools. the question is can he hold up. I LOVE Baker Mayfield. Personally I think he's going to be really good. Looks like he's going to the Jets but I would take him in a heartbeat. I don't know about Darnold, seems he may have come out a year too soon. And Allen is a huge risk.

It's time to NOT overthink here. This IS a very good QB draft. we DO have the #2 pick. We DO have an aging, declining QB way past his prime.

It seems a clear choice to me. but as I said, I still have no idea what the new regime will do. This GM DID draft the shiny object last year so we will see.

Sorry for all the capitalized words everyone.
                              Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Working...
                              X