Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh, Baby! This Is Good To Hear! - Denver Is Open To Trade...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Parademon1 View Post
    As was stated by another poster, only way the Giants move outta the 2nd pick is if the Browns select Barkley & the Giants were not drafting QB. Browns select QB, Giants are taking Barkley.
    I think that it depends on the QB that the Brown select.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by BlueSabbath View Post

      They aren't wanting to move up. They are saying the are open to any teams that want to move up to that 5th spot. Otherwise, I think they are happy with 5th.
      I believe in Elway's presser he mentioned he was open to moving either up or down.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

        I believe in Elway's presser he mentioned he was open to moving either up or down.
        I think Denver might move up and trade with us for Barkley unless Cleveland takes him at 1, in which case they will move down. I don't see them moving up for anyone else since they just signed Keenum.
        The Modern Giants fan kit:
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by SimmsandLT View Post

          I think Denver might move up and trade with us for Barkley unless Cleveland takes him at 1, in which case they will move down. I don't see them moving up for anyone else since they just signed Keenum.
          There is no chance the Browns take Saquon at 1. They are taking a QB no doubt there.

          Comment


          • #35
            Denver is the absolute ideal trading partner for us. We only drop a few spots, and if we get their 1st round pick they'll probably be pretty bad next year giving us a high-end 1st in 2019.

            At 5, we'd still have a shot at Barkley, Chubb, or Nelson in addition to the extra picks. Win-win.
            NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

            Rd 1
            Garrett Bolles - OT
            David Njoku - TE
            Zach Cunningham - OLB

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

              There is no chance the Browns take Saquon at 1. They are taking a QB no doubt there.
              I agree with that, perhaps I should have worded that better. I meant Barkley would seem like the only person they would trade up for. Highly unlikely though.
              The Modern Giants fan kit:
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by miked1958 View Post

                This. Tried to explain that to him above. But you did a better job of it. If you can get one of the guys you mentioned and picks vs just getting one of those guys staying at 2 you do it all day long
                I understand the concept and get that adding additional draft capital is desirable. I was just quoting what our GM said. He has also never moved down in a draft during the 5 years in Carolina.

                Comment


                • #38
                  I say we trade our #2 to the Browns for their #4 and #33 . They get Darold and Barkely , we get Chubb or Nelson at 4 and 1st and 2nd picks of the 2nd round ( essentially 2 more late 1st rounders )

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

                    Exactly.

                    Although I have a hard time believing that the Bills will trade a haul of picks to get up to #2 to draft Allen. I think the only scenario where the Bill might be "all in" on a trade to #2 would be if the Browns take Allen and Darnold is there at 2 (in which case we might take Darnold there ourselves).

                    If the Bills want to trade up to get Allen, they could probably trade up to 4 or 5 to get him, and wouldn't have to go all the way to #2. (Allen would be available at 2 only if the Bills didn't take him at #1, and I don't think that we would take Allen and it seems like the Jets are all in on Mayfield).
                    All possibilities, This draft is a tough one to predict. It's fun reading everyone views. All are wrong and none are wrong
                    "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Man, I hope this works out.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by giantsfam04 View Post

                        I understand the concept and get that adding additional draft capital is desirable. I was just quoting what our GM said. He has also never moved down in a draft during the 5 years in Carolina.
                        Has he ever picked as high as #2 though?? Lots more opportunities to move down in a position of power like that
                        Football has been very, very good to us.
                        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                        But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

                        # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

                        1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                        2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                        3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                        4-New York Giants!!!
                        5-NE
                        Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

                        ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by miked1958 View Post

                          Has he ever picked as high as #2 though?? Lots more opportunities to move down in a position of power like that
                          No I think the highest was 8 last year.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by 19Leo61 View Post
                            I say we trade our #2 to the Browns for their #4 and #33 . They get Darold and Barkely , we get Chubb or Nelson at 4 and 1st and 2nd picks of the 2nd round ( essentially 2 more late 1st rounders )
                            That's too cheap. I can't see DG giving up the 2 spot for so little.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by giantsfam04 View Post

                              No I think the highest was 8 last year.
                              That's my point. In the positions he has been in with Carolina Trading Up was the more likely option. At #2 you have a big advantage to listen to offers and im sure if he gets a crazy one he can't refuse he will go ahead with it
                              Football has been very, very good to us.
                              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

                              # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

                              1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                              4-New York Giants!!!
                              5-NE
                              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

                              ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by gmen46 View Post

                                That's too cheap. I can't see DG giving up the 2 spot for so little.
                                I actually think it's an fair deal, but I'd still push for 33 and 35 as well at first. if not bite, then i'd still settle on that trade. it's like getting a free player for realistically giving up nothing

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X