• Time
  • Show
Clear All

ah...no..next .

Comment

What have you been smoking?

Comment

Originally posted by JediGiant View Post
        i dont understand this continued obsession with trading our once in a generation player...
        imagine our wide receiver corps without him...then we'll be looking to the draft for a player we just got rid of, the best we could hope for in the position.
        On the flip side, I don't understand the obsession with keeping him at any-and-all costs.

He's due a monster contract upwards to $100mm. He's the most explosive player in the league, no doubt, but in terms of production, he's a top 5 receiver. The OP's idea here is: what if you could trade a "once-in-a-generation" talent for two once-in-a-generation talents in return? A RB and a QB to set you up for the long term. I don't think that's a bad idea at all, but no way would the Jets for fall something like that... and not sure I buy into the notion that any of these QBs are once-in-a-generation talents.
        sigpic

Comment

Not a fan of misleading clickbait titles.

Long Live the King

Comment

Also, P.S. Jedi, his trade value is at its highest now -- if they can't come to terms by the end of this season on a long-term deal (i.e. they won't pony up $80-$100mil) or Odell gets injured -- you blew your one shot to get maximum value out of him

It's strictly business and, at least through his rhetoric, Gettleman prioritizes building a strong foundational core vs. Reese's philosophy of finding playmakers and risking draft picks on raw, unpolished talent.

All that said, unless there's a draft day surprise in the works, it seems Beckham isn't going anywhere
            sigpic

Comment

lol

Comment

Originally posted by Helmet View Post

On the flip side, I don't understand the obsession with keeping him at any-and-all costs.

He's due a monster contract upwards to $100mm. He's the most explosive player in the league, no doubt, but in terms of production, he's a top 5 receiver. The OP's idea here is: what if you could trade a "once-in-a-generation" talent for two once-in-a-generation talents in return? A RB and a QB to set you up for the long term. I don't think that's a bad idea at all, but no way would the Jets for fall something like that... and not sure I buy into the notion that any of these QBs are once-in-a-generation talents.
                There's no "Cloak and Dagger" theory here, just that maybe we rid ourselves of a possible self destructing problem and on the up side get a Qb starter for the next 12-15 years and a RB prospect " ezekielish" Why do some have to Pee* on everything that is discussed.

Comment

Again with this insanity? I wish there was an ignore thread button.

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysready View Post
                    Again with this insanity? I wish there was an ignore thread button.
                    Then ignore it and move on. You know we're Suppose to be on the the same team, sometimes I wonder Negative as hell

Comment

Originally posted by bruiser1 View Post

There's no "Cloak and Dagger" theory here, just that maybe we rid ourselves of a possible self destructing problem and on the up side get a Qb starter for the next 12-15 years and a RB prospect " ezekielish" Why do some have to Pee* on everything that is discussed.
                      I think it's a great idea -- the general premise being -- can we draft the QB we like the most AND Barkley? To me, that's worth the price of Beckham. Beckham fans don't like it, because they either: a) care more about having Beckham on the squad than anything else, or b) truly believe this offense can't ever be functional without him.

No one should be untouchable for the greater good of the team, and that includes Eli Manning.

As for the pee incident, that was the most classless and Cowboys thing this team has ever done, next to the handling of the Josh Brown incident (which was leaps and bounds worse). I, too, want to flush the toilet... But if the organization keeps him and keeping him and his upcoming monster contract around is this regime's solution to winning football games in January, then so be it.
                      Last edited by Helmet; 04-20-2018, 02:57 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Helmet View Post

I think it's a great idea -- the general premise being -- can we draft the QB we like the most AND Barkley? To me, that's worth the price of Beckham. Beckham fans don't like it, because they either: a) care more about having Beckham on the squad than anything else, or b) truly believe this offense can't ever be functional without him.

No one should be untouchable for the greater good of the team, and that includes Eli Manning.

As for the pee incident, that was the most classless and Cowboys thing this team has ever done, next to the handling of the Josh Brown incident (which was leaps and bounds worse). I, too, want to flush the toilet... But if the organization keeps him and keeping him and his upcoming monster contract around is this regime's solution to winning football games in January, then so be it.
                        I agree totally with you. No One is over and above the team.I;m just speculating here not that it's going to happen. This way we would have the 2nd and 3rd picks for Darnold and Barkley

Comment

Originally posted by bruiser1 View Post
                          Just a thought, how about ODB to the Jets for their First round pick this year. Then we select Darnold and Barkley? More than likely Allen will go to the Browns With their first selection.
                          NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
                          Garrett Bolles - OT
                          David Njoku - TE
                          Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

how about we trade some of these traders to the Dallas MB.
                              "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

Originally posted by E-Z-E View Post

You aren't getting any popcorn in your mouth dude.
                                Haha I rarely ever do

Comment

Working...
                                X