Who SHOULD we take....Who WILL we take

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who SHOULD we take....Who WILL we take

I haven't done this for a few years but let's try it this seaon since there is such intrigue with the Giants selection........Hope folks participate.

Who SHOULD the Giants take........Baker Mayfield
    Who WILL the Giants take...............Bradley Chubb

I think they will convince themselves that Davis Webb is the QB of the future. If they do....I sure hope they are right.
    Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Should - Mayfield
    Will - Barkley
    Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed, strength, surprise, and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy.

Comment

Who Should We Take-----Quentin Nelson
      Who Will We Take----------Lowell Lotulelei (because it would make absolutely no sense)
      Actually Who Will We Take----Bradley Chubb

I agree with you on the Webb front. I think they stay with him in the hopes that either he learns from Eli or that they can address this position in the future. I also think they go with Chubb because of the JPP ousting, plus the defense needs some attention with the changing of the alignments.

Comment

I think we should and prob will draft Barkley.
        2018 Draft Wishlist:
        1. Saquon Barkley RB Penn State
        2. Rashaan Evans LB Alabama
        3. Conner Williams OT Texas OR Orlando Brown OT Oklahoma
        4. Rashaan Gaulden CB Tennessee

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
        - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Should- Darnold/Rosen

Will Draft- Barkley

Should Not- Mayfield

OP didn't put this as post, but I think we should do a "Should Not" category as well so we can have on record a guy you were against taking.

Comment

Should - Mayfield
            Will - Mayfield
            "I hire my brains"...Horace Trumbauer

Comment

Should - any QB (except Rosen) and be willing to bench Eli as soon as he proves he can no longer help team win.
              Will - any one except a QB cause giants organizing truly believes Eli has at least 2 more years

Comment

Originally posted by Delicreep View Post
                Should - Mayfield
                Will - Mayfield
                Deli you stole my thunder, but you got the name wrong. You misspelled Barkley

imho - should Barkley
                will - Barkley

Comment

I love Mayfield myself. Mobile, very accurate and a great leader.

I also think his size is an asset. Kind of like Russell Wilson. Guys who are built a little lower to the ground tend to stay on the field.
                  A guy like RG III is tall and lanky and being mobile, exposed him to injury more than a guy like Mayfield would.
                  Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post

Deli you stole my thunder, but you got the name wrong. You misspelled Barkley

imho - should Barkley
                    will - Barkley
                    ...probably not a great time to mention that if I was asked, "who should we not take...."

Barkley may well be the best, safest pick in the draft, but I think it would be a mistake for us to take him.
                    "I hire my brains"...Horace Trumbauer

Comment

Should - Darnold
                      Will - Darnold

I will stay consistent but my gut is starting to tell me the “Will” might be Barkley or Chubb

Glad we will know soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                        I love Mayfield myself. Mobile, very accurate and a great leader.

I also think his size is an asset. Kind of like Russell Wilson. Guys who are built a little lower to the ground tend to stay on the field.
                        A guy like RG III is tall and lanky and being mobile, exposed him to injury more than a guy like Mayfield would.
                        So do I. Have wanted him from the start. But he'll be wearing Jets Green for his Career so will get to pay close attention to his progress and make it hurt more when he succeeds in the NFL
                        Football has been very, very good to us.
                        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                        But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                        2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                        3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                        4-New York Giants!!!
                        5-NE
                        Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Should---- Mayfield

Will----------Trade Back & take Nelson/Chubb
                          Football has been very, very good to us.
                          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                          4-New York Giants!!!
                          5-NE
                          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Sorry to ruin the thread but I don't think there is a "should". Barkley, Nelson, Chubb, Fitzpatrick and a QB they think is great are all guys they "should" take. So take this with a grain of salt.

Should: Nelson- Safest pick, huge impact day 1.
                            Will: Barkley
                            Should not: Rosen- No matter how great his skills are you can't coach the fragile out of someone.
                            LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                            "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Should: Mayfield
                              Will: I have a sneaky suspicion it will be Barkley, and between Nelson, Chubb, and Barkley, he would be my 3rd choice. Hopefully he plays up to the rookie contract (he'll be paid like the 2nd best RB in NFL, so very little chance of outplaying it, only playing up to it).

Comment

Working...
                              X