The Browns might not take A QB ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Browns might not take A QB ...

I don't have a link I heard it on NFL Network there was a reporter this morning on NFL Network pretty confident the Brown might not take a QB they may take Barkley. This says to me that We may have our pick of the litter in QB if true?
    Last edited by Donnie Yen; 04-23-2018, 10:53 AM.

I am calling bs on that report. The browns have not had a franchise QB since restarting their franchise. They have botched the QB position in every possible way. After recently passing on Wentz, Watson, and Goff, I just don't see them passing on one at 1 and settling for their 3rd choice at QB. Then it again, they are the browns.
    “It drops deep as it does in my breath

I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death

Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined

I think of crime, when I’m in a New York state of mind.”

Nasir Jones

Comment

This is not a new rumor been popping up for months in different threads. That way they a guaranteed to get Barkley and one of the QBs at 1&4
      Football has been very, very good to us.
      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
      4-New York Giants!!!
      5-NE
      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

That's the smart thing to do
        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
        5-NE

Comment

I would take the QB at one, and the best of Chubb, Nelson or Barkley at 4, were I the Browns...

Comment

Unless they absolutely are in love with one of them which I doubt it's what they should do. Otherwise they lose out on Barkley most likely if choosing a WB first

Of course this is all speculation.. there's the ones that say because they passed on two really good QBs they won't this year but who knows

4-New York Giants!!!
            5-NE

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
              Unless they absolutely are in love with one of them which I doubt it's what they should do. Otherwise they lose out on Barkley most likely if choosing a WB first

Of course this is all speculation.. there's the ones that say because they passed on two really good QBs they won't this year but who knows
              The browns have botched the QB search for over 2 decades. If they follow your thinking in this, they will botch it again. Putting that position off is why they are where they are.

Nasir Jones

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post

The browns have botched the QB search for over 2 decades. If they follow your thinking in this, they will botch it again. Putting that position off is why they are where they are.
                Oh I agree and did mention that in my post. But the Browns are the Browns

4-New York Giants!!!
                5-NE

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                  Oh I agree and did mention that in my post. But the Browns are the Browns
                  That is true. Knowing them, they will pass on QB with both of their picks. I just don't see Dorsey passing on a QB with that first pick considering how things have gone in the past and coming off of 1-31 in two years of football.

Nasir Jones

Comment

There's no way they don't take Allen or Darnold. I am starting to see the signs pointing to Allen, and if that is the case Darnold will be the pick. Im fine with him or Barkley.

Comment

The only way I can see it is if Dorsey has great intelligence that tells him the Giants and Jets are not interested in the same QB as him. Maybe if it were Allen? What makes no sense about it is if they pass on the QB you will have teams going ape**** to get the Giants pick. So Dorsey would have to be sure the Giants and Jets donít want the same QB AND that the Giants wonít trade the pick.

The other thing he would have to be sure of is the Giants are absolutely targeting the player he wants whether that is barkley or chubb. Otherwise why wait to take your QB? He is only competing with 2 teams at he top of the draft and risking he QB would be pretty dumb. If reports are to be believed here is a lot of division in their room though so I wonít totally rule it out.

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post
                        The only way I can see it is if Dorsey has great intelligence that tells him the Giants and Jets are not interested in the same QB as him. Maybe if it were Allen? What makes no sense about it is if they pass on the QB you will have teams going ape**** to get the Giants pick. So Dorsey would have to be sure the Giants and Jets donít want the same QB AND that the Giants wonít trade the pick.

The other thing he would have to be sure of is the Giants are absolutely targeting the player he wants whether that is barkley or chubb. Otherwise why wait to take your QB? He is only competing with 2 teams at he top of the draft and risking he QB would be pretty dumb. If reports are to be believed here is a lot of division in their room though so I wonít totally rule it out.
                        I agree with your entire post.

Nasir Jones

Comment

As TE88 said even if they knew we wanted Barkley they would have to be worried we will trade for a team that wants their guy. IMO there is no way the Browns pass on the guy they think is the best. It's not like at #4 you are going to get a bum player and they can't be sure who we will pick. They take their QB and then wait to see what our move is.

I still think they take a QB and then trade #4 to Buffalo for a bunch more picks.
                          LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                          "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie Yen View Post
                            I don't have a link I heard it on NFL Network there was a reporter this morning on NFL Network pretty confident the Brown might not take a QB they may take Barkley. This says to me that We may have our pick of the litter in QB if true?
                            They are taking a QB. Either Darnold or Allen.

That is simply the way it is.
                            Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post

This is a good post

Comment

Working...
                              X