Part of me doesnt want to draft a QB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sheepdip View Post
    I mean i would love a brand new QB in the wings. But missing out on Chubb or Barkley is sad. QB to me is almost a boring pick.,
    If we could get a Wentz/ Watson, type player at QB then im 100 % for it.

In long run the QB probably makes sense. But man i wish we had browns picks

1 and 4. I would go chubb and barkely lol. keep webb as future starter.
    I dont see chubb being a giant. Most reports say he is a better fit for a 4-3 defense not 3-4.

If the giants truly believe eli can give them two more years, than I'm not sure if I would go qb. It creates a headache for everyone. It will be like the Webb situation last year but 100x worse cause u have a 2nd overall pick vs a 3rd round pick.

A great running game can help any QB. Gurley was the right pick a few years ago. Jr needed to see that eli was not going to be putting up amazing numbers, (not that he ever really did anways). He needed to see that eli was getting older and needed a good running game around him.

if you put Barkley on this team you probably have the best wr/te/rb combo in the league with Odell, engrham and Barkle. Yes I know Barkley hasn't played a game, but I think 31 other teams would more than likely take that combo over what they have.
    Last edited by bigbluejeep8888; 04-24-2018, 05:07 PM.
    [SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by TrueBlue@NYC View Post
      The 2nd OVR pick should be course changing for a franchise. QBs change the course for a franchise, maybe dominant pass rushers can as well.

So, with that in mind. If they have a shot at a franchise QB at 2, they'd better take that guy. If not, trade back and get enough assets to collectively change the franchise course through an influx of talent.

Think about it, will any of us be happy if we take Barkley and he becomes the next Ezekiel Elliot but it means we passed on taking the next Drew Brees?

Looking back 5 years, will we care that we got the next JJ Watt if it means we passed on the next Big Ben?
      Or you can ask, looking back, will we care that we picked the next Ezekiel Elliot (more likely, the next Marshall Faulk) when it means we passed on the next DeShone Kizer/Jake Locker/Christian Ponder/Ryan Leaf/JP Losman/Jeff George/RGIII/Rex Grossman/Blaine Gabbert........

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

5500 yards and 36 TDs in 11 seasons. Hopefully not.
        You give strictly the rush from LOS yards and TDs for Bush, whereas his value coming out of college was his triple threat value--rushing, receiving, punt/kick returns. It's disingenuous to list only Bush's rush stats when judging his career.

His actual NFL career stats were a combined total of:

10,000 yards, 58 TDs

---5500 yards, 36 TDs--rushing

---3600 yards, 18 TDs--receiving

-----900 yards, 4 TDs--punt/kick returns

Nice career, though arguably not ultimately satisfactory for a player drafted #2 overall as Reggie was.

Comparing Barkley to Reggie Bush, while understandable considering similar draft hype situations of the two in 2006 and 2018, I think an NFL player comparison more appropriate (in terms of real potential) would be more like Marshall Faulk than Bush. That's the gamble many NFL teams will be willing to take on Barkley in 2 days.

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
          don't worry ... they will be taking Reggie Bush ... I mean Saquan Barkley with the 2nd pick

I have no idea how you dont trade back if you dont want a QB.

Makes absolutely no sense, DG is playing it as safe as possible and not getting any value.

Comment

Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post

I have no idea how you dont trade back if you dont want a QB.

Makes absolutely no sense, DG is playing it as safe as possible and not getting any value.
            I agree 100%
            "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
              don't worry ... they will be taking Reggie Bush ... I mean Saquan Barkley with the 2nd pick

Where have you been? We have been concerned about you not posting since late February.
              Football has been very, very good to us.
              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
              4-New York Giants!!!
              5-NE
              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Working...
              X