Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants get a DE in Todd McShay’s way-too -early 2019 mock draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Giants get a DE in Todd McShay’s way-too -early 2019 mock draft

    https://www.bigblueview.com/2018/5/3...-rumors-record

    Excerpt: "The first round of the 2018 NFL Draft isn’t even a week old yet, Saquon Barkley hasn’t even been a New York Giant for seven full days, and already the 2019 mock drafts are flowing.

    We just got done with about five months of neigh-constant draft chatter and speculation, so who wouldn’t be ready, nay EAGER, for more draft speculation!?

    Well, ESPN’s Todd McShay has you covered, putting out his Way Too Early 2019 Mock Draft (Insider), and it has some things about the Giants that we need to talk about.
    3. New York Giants

    Rashan Gary, DE, Michigan*

    Noticing a pattern? Gary is listed at 6-foot-5, 281 pounds, and he’s versatile, so he can fit at DE or DT, depending on the scheme. He racked up 5.5 sacks last season after half a sack his freshman season.

    Note: If the Giants are actually 5-11 (as the Football Outsiders sim suggests) and picking No. 3 overall, I’d give them a QB since I’d have to assume it’s time to move on from Eli Manning. But I’m not sold on any of these QBs at this point in the process.

    Raptor’s Thoughts: First thing’s first, let’s talk about Rashan Gary. Gary looks like an ascending player with plenty of athleticism and upside as a pass rusher. It’s a bit tricksy to project which juniors will declare for the draft nearly a year ahead of time — Christian Wilkins was considered a lock to declare before announcing that he would return to school.

    Considering the glut of potential defensive linemen in the Giants’ defensive front (Damon Harrison, Dalvin Tomlinson, B.J. Hill, R.J. McIntosh, Kareem Martin, Josh Mauro, Kerry Wynn, Romeo Okwara, and A.J. Francis) it’s tough to see them spending the third overall pick on a defensive end.

    I think it would be much more likely that the Giants select an offensive tackle to bookend, and perhaps eventually replace, Nate Solder. Perhaps a player like Washington’s Trey Adams, Alabama’s Jonah Williams, or Clemson’s Mitch Hyatt.

    Now, on to — as Ed referred to it — the “real kick in the teeth:” The Giants going 5-11 and drafting third overall." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

  • #2
    I hope we take Bryce Love in round 1 to pair with Saquon Barkley....just to see the heads here explode lol.

    DE is a possibility. I think secondary will be a huge possibility. LB is always needed. And we can't count out OL.
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

    "I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

    Comment


    • #3
      I think the storyline in that is he has them selecting 3rd. I don't see that happening, but if it did it means QB was bad. If the NY Giants are selecting 3rd we better hope Lauletta or Webb flashed potential down the stretch. The strength of next years Dline class is why I was in favor of taking a QB or trading back from 2. Chubb is a top prospect, but there will be tremendous value at Dline in 2019. My friend coached Gary at Paramus Catholic and helped recruit him to Michigan, he's a beast.

      Comment


      • #4
        NFL network Charles Davis ,when ask about the 2019 QB class. He said none of the QB'S in 2019 would have rank higher than the top five QB'S in the 2018 draft. He said that is the reason teams were anxious to trade up in this years draft.
        I totally agree with him.

        Comment


        • #5
          I would think at 5-11 that they'd be in desperate need of a new franchise QB

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by BigBlueTradeEli View Post
            I think the storyline in that is he has them selecting 3rd. I don't see that happening, but if it did it means QB was bad. If the NY Giants are selecting 3rd we better hope Lauletta or Webb flashed potential down the stretch. The strength of next years Dline class is why I was in favor of taking a QB or trading back from 2. Chubb is a top prospect, but there will be tremendous value at Dline in 2019. My friend coached Gary at Paramus Catholic and helped recruit him to Michigan, he's a beast.
            Yeah man. If true, it could be better in the long run that the NYG waited until 2019 to get a stud pass rush DE.

            Comment


            • #7
              That's great news. Who are the Giants drafting in 2025?

              Comment


              • #8
                Those Clemson DL are all first rounders...allegedly
                Long Live the King

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by boxcar willie View Post
                  That's great news. Who are the Giants drafting in 2025?
                  LMAO
                  Football has been very, very good to us.
                  After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                  But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

                  # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

                  1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                  2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                  3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                  4-New York Giants!!!
                  5-NE
                  Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

                  ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    hopefully our pick is not in top 10 next draft....

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Can we just start camp first before we throw in the towel for next season?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
                        Those Clemson DL are all first rounders...allegedly
                        Yes they are. I watch them every Saturday living in SC. I went to the SC vs Clemson game last year that dl is legit. The LT on Clemson is going to be a top 10 pick also if he doesn’t get hurt. They are loaded on both lines.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                          https://www.bigblueview.com/2018/5/3...-rumors-record

                          Excerpt: "The first round of the 2018 NFL Draft isn’t even a week old yet, Saquon Barkley hasn’t even been a New York Giant for seven full days, and already the 2019 mock drafts are flowing.

                          We just got done with about five months of neigh-constant draft chatter and speculation, so who wouldn’t be ready, nay EAGER, for more draft speculation!?

                          Well, ESPN’s Todd McShay has you covered, putting out his Way Too Early 2019 Mock Draft (Insider), and it has some things about the Giants that we need to talk about.
                          3. New York Giants

                          Rashan Gary, DE, Michigan*

                          Noticing a pattern? Gary is listed at 6-foot-5, 281 pounds, and he’s versatile, so he can fit at DE or DT, depending on the scheme. He racked up 5.5 sacks last season after half a sack his freshman season.

                          Note: If the Giants are actually 5-11 (as the Football Outsiders sim suggests) and picking No. 3 overall, I’d give them a QB since I’d have to assume it’s time to move on from Eli Manning. But I’m not sold on any of these QBs at this point in the process.

                          Raptor’s Thoughts: First thing’s first, let’s talk about Rashan Gary. Gary looks like an ascending player with plenty of athleticism and upside as a pass rusher. It’s a bit tricksy to project which juniors will declare for the draft nearly a year ahead of time — Christian Wilkins was considered a lock to declare before announcing that he would return to school.

                          Considering the glut of potential defensive linemen in the Giants’ defensive front (Damon Harrison, Dalvin Tomlinson, B.J. Hill, R.J. McIntosh, Kareem Martin, Josh Mauro, Kerry Wynn, Romeo Okwara, and A.J. Francis) it’s tough to see them spending the third overall pick on a defensive end.

                          I think it would be much more likely that the Giants select an offensive tackle to bookend, and perhaps eventually replace, Nate Solder. Perhaps a player like Washington’s Trey Adams, Alabama’s Jonah Williams, or Clemson’s Mitch Hyatt.

                          Now, on to — as Ed referred to it — the “real kick in the teeth:” The Giants going 5-11 and drafting third overall." Read more...
                          What if there is a 'gold jacket' kicker available? take him

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            What if Eli gets injured and Webb and Lauletta fizzle if forced into starting role. At some point we’ll have to address the QB position. The reason I preferred Darnold over Barkley, even though I love the kid, is because Darnold is an amazing QB talent and despite people’s criticisms that this years QB class was “flawed,” the 2019 QB class is comparatively worse.

                            Besies finding a clear heir apparent to Eli, we do need pass rushers. Those are our two most glaring needs and probably an NFL teams most important features. To win, you need a QB and a pass rush.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Wow, so of all of the crap teams in 2018 picking within the top 5, the Giants are the only team picking in the top 5 again next year according to Todd McShay. He must think the Giants are really going to stink up the joint this year.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X