Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There are more undrafted players in the NFL right now than there are first- and second-rounders combined.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marshall was a 4th round pick. But I really love the hunger that these guys have

Comment

Now count how many starters are 1st and 2nd rounders vs UDFAs. Those guys fill out rosters, contribute on special teams and a few crack the starting line up and might even become awesome players. The odds are stacked against them though and most are out of the league in a year or two or never even make the 53 man roster to begin with.

The fact that the closer to pick 1 you get the more HOFs, All Pros and Pro Bowlers you get is pretty good evidence that teams are actually pretty good at drafting, it's just a very inexact science. It's like being good at fishing, sometimes the fish just don't bite.
      LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
      "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Working...
      X