Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gil Brandt ranks the rookie RB's (Barkley)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gil Brandt ranks the rookie RB's (Barkley)

FYI, If posted already I apologize

RANK

Saquon Barkley, Giants

Measurements: 6-foot, 233 pounds, 9 1/2-inch hands, 41-inch vertical jump, 29 reps on the bench press, 4.4-second 40-yard dash.

Drafted: Round 1, No. 2 overall.

Barkley is the best skill player I've graded since 1960, with Bo Jackson being the second-best. Everything about him, statistically speaking, is encouraging. He reminds me a lot of Hall of Famer LaDainian Tomlinson -- Barkley has great skills and character and, crucially, great vision, which Bill Parcells thinks is the most important trait in a running back. I remember watching Penn State play Pittsburgh in 2016 and Barkley jumped out like a sore thumb, racking up 85 rushing yards and 45 receiving yards with five total touchdowns (four on the ground, one through the air). And to show he brings it against premier opponents on a big stage, consider his numbers in the Rose Bowl after the 2016 season (249 yards from scrimmage, three touchdowns against USC) or the Fiesta Bowl last season (175 yards from scrimmage, two scores against Washington). He finished his career with outstanding totals of 3,843 rushing yards, 43 rushing touchdowns, 1,195 receiving yards and eight receiving touchdowns. When you talk to Barkley's coaches, they say no one works harder than him. He's a smart player and he'll block the blitzer. Barkley will be an outstanding player in the NFL for many years, barring injury or an unexpected shift in focus, withPro Bowl and All-Pro nods in his future. And he'll have plenty of opportunity in New York.

Absolute beast. Best Combine ever by a RB. Did you get to see the 3 Episodes of "Hey Rookie, Welcome to the NFL" that follows Barkley & Chubb from Camps to improve 40 speed, Combine, Pro Days & finally the draft???

Amazing... If not look it up see if they do a rebroadcast or find it online. Then come back and talk to me. I won't ruin it for you. Watch it then will talk
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

I am so debating taking him first overall in my dynasty league

Comment

I can't wait to see all the "never take a RB 1st" experts singing his praises later this yr like the hypocrites they will show themselves to be.

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
          Absolute beast. Best Combine ever by a RB. Did you get to see the 3 Episodes of "Hey Rookie, Welcome to the NFL" that follows Barkley & Chubb from Camps to improve 40 speed, Combine, Pro Days & finally the draft???

Amazing... If not look it up see if they do a rebroadcast or find it online. Then come back and talk to me. I won't ruin it for you. Watch it then will talk
          Thanks for the rec. I'\m gonna chek it out

Comment

Originally posted by jerseyrattler View Post

Thanks for the rec. I'\m gonna chek it out
            Watching that show made me so proud knowing he's going to be a NYG!!!
            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
            5-NE

Comment

Watching that show made me so proud knowing he's going to be a NYG!!!
              After I saw the Russell Wilson interview with him the week before the draft I knew he was my guy

Comment

Originally posted by shocknaweny View Post

After I saw the Russell Wilson interview with him the week before the draft I knew he was my guy
                I really think this kid is going to be special

4-New York Giants!!!
                5-NE

Comment

I really think this kid is going to be special
                  Gonna be funny watching all his naysayers jumping on his bandwagon during the season saying BS stuff like " Oh, I wanted him over a QB all the time".

Comment

Originally posted by Parademon1 View Post

Gonna be funny watching all his naysayers jumping on his bandwagon during the season saying BS stuff like " Oh, I wanted him over a QB all the time".
                    Lol. I was on the Nelson band wagon but only if they could move back. Stsying at #2 I was always wanting Barkley

4-New York Giants!!!
                    5-NE

Comment

Lol. I was on the Nelson band wagon but only if they could move back. Stsying at #2 I was always wanting Barkley
                      My thought process was "if the Browns snag SB, then I wanted either Nelson or Chubb" One would've improved the OL, the other woulda improved the DL, win-win situation either way.

Comment

oh ya they'll be back peddling faster than the White House Press secretary

Comment

My thought process was "if the Browns snag SB, then I wanted either Nelson or Chubb" One would've improved the OL, the other woulda improved the DL, win-win situation either way.
                          True could not have gone wrong with any of the 3 but glad we got who we did

4-New York Giants!!!
                          5-NE

Comment

Originally posted by shocknaweny View Post

oh ya they'll be back peddling faster than the White House Press secretary
                            I don't think that's possible. LOL

Comment

Working...
                            X