No announcement yet.

2013college yr and also 2014 NFL draft prospects thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ya all this draft talk and our season going in the toilet i'm more ready for the draft then ever already

Comment

• Hey guys, i know we've discussed Sammy Watkins a bit, but what would you guys think about Mike Evans WR Tex A&M if were to lose Nicks? This dudes a flat out beast and has Brandon Marshall feel to em and would pair almost perfectly with Victor Cruz and Reuben Randle in theory..

I think hes a wild card out there for sure. Also, we've talked QB's, but not much about AJ McCarron? I actually like him much more then most of the bama guys that always are good college players but you know won't do much in the pros. Hes got enough arm strength and size, and can move his feet just enough and has great moxy to boot. I think McCarron actually has the accuracy and arm strength and size to go with amzing smarts, and the other guys like the John Parker WIlsons just didn't have the size and abilty that mccaron has, they just had the smarts.. McCarron is best of both worlds. Hes deadly accurate.

I woulden't be shocked if the Giants took him in the 2nd rd. He seems like there type and for all we know, they might not think Nassib has it all ready. It does happen sometimes..

Comment

• by know means did i mean McCarron can run either.. Just saying he isn't a complete statue.

Comment

• Really think mike evans comes out this year?

Comment

• Originally posted by Imgrate View Post
            Really think mike evans comes out this year?
            He could be a top 10 pick, so he might. Hes all ready got the NFL size and his speed isn't bad for his size either. He was timed at 4.54 at a football camp. If he runs in the 4.5-4.54 at that size and with those ups , hes gonna be Brandon Marshall 2.0.. Why stay? Get paid!

Comment

• Another player i really like whos kinda slept on is Denicos Allen OLB. Dudes speedy and makes plays. He had a 10sack 18TFl season the yr before last, and plays like a missle. He prob would move to weakside in the pros though, and asked to cover more, but he should be able to with his speed.. He'd be fun guy to move around and confuse the defense with.

I love this yrs class!

Comment

• Originally posted by Imgrate View Post
                Really think mike evans comes out this year?
                Maybe if Manziel leaves

Comment

• Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                  Another player i really like whos kinda slept on is Denicos Allen OLB. Dudes speedy and makes plays. He had a 10sack 18TFl season the yr before last, and plays like a missle. He prob would move to weakside in the pros though, and asked to cover more, but he should be able to with his speed.. He'd be fun guy to move around and confuse the defense with.

I love this yrs class!
                  Yeah I think he had 3 sacks in this game I cut

Comment

• Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                    He could be a top 10 pick, so he might. Hes all ready got the NFL size and his speed isn't bad for his size either. He was timed at 4.54 at a football camp. If he runs in the 4.5-4.54 at that size and with those ups , hes gonna be Brandon Marshall 2.0.. Why stay? Get paid!
                    While I really do like Mike Evans, and I think he is a Giant type player, we cannot afford to spend another early round selection on WR. Not the way our Oline has aged together and not the way our defense has aged together.

I know ppl like to say we are a value over need team when it comes to the draft. But, our needs have become too pressing and I believe the best Value IS actually trying to address some of our needs.

Lets face it, it is unlikely we draft a guy who is as good at WR right now as NIcks is right now. Yet, we struggle even with him in there.

It has nothing to do with Evans. I actually think he is Brandon Marshal like. But, even Marshal couldn't save the dolphins a couple years ago.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Alec Ogletree is special. Made a great Forced fumble tackle agains niners.

Comment

• Anthony Barr/Cassius Marsh vs NMSU 2013 put it up yesterday

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                          While I really do like Mike Evans, and I think he is a Giant type player, we cannot afford to spend another early round selection on WR. Not the way our Oline has aged together and not the way our defense has aged together.

I know ppl like to say we are a value over need team when it comes to the draft. But, our needs have become too pressing and I believe the best Value IS actually trying to address some of our needs.

Lets face it, it is unlikely we draft a guy who is as good at WR right now as NIcks is right now. Yet, we struggle even with him in there.

It has nothing to do with Evans. I actually think he is Brandon Marshal like. But, even Marshal couldn't save the dolphins a couple years ago.
                          I think Nicks has fell off some, and is a big reason were not doing welll.. He dosen't sepereate at all, and i haven't noticed the same nicks in quite a long time.

We went with direct need the past couple drafts and ended up with David Wilson and Justin PUgh. Those are the type of things that happen when u draft strickly for need.

The Falcons could of thought the same thing with there picking of Julio Jones. THey all ready had Tony Gonzalez and Roddy White, and wasted a fairly early rder on Harry Douglas, but still did what it took to get there statue of a QB another weapon in Julio Jones, whos completely dominated and made that team a full fledge offensive juggernaut.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                            Yeah I think he had 3 sacks in this game I cut

Thanks for this Redeye. Allen can be a versatile weapon that has speed to attack the QB and keep up with TE's.. Hes got some great instincts. He might move to 3rd rd range by draf

Comment

• Allen beat OT's for 2of those sacks. He really shows his instincs, and his football know how against Wisconsin last yr.

Comment

• This Fales vs Keeton matchup is a fun one to watch.Also looking for Ben Benwikere CB San Jose st..

Comment

Working...
                                X