No announcement yet.

2013college yr and also 2014 NFL draft prospects thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm positive that a team already in the top 5 would want Bridgewater. I'd trade back if it were 2 or 3 spots which should still help secure a defensive talent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kovalchuk71 View Post
      LOL at Kyle Fuller in the 4th.....guy isn't making it past round 2.
      Stay tuned. It happens every yr , and twice on fridays plus another 10times on saturdays..etc You get the point. TO think theres no chance of Kyle Fuller being around 3picks into the 4th rd, shows you haven't watched to many drafts..lol

Its like a late 3rd rd pick. CB is extremely deep and just because one person has Fuller in the 2nd, dosen't mean it'll happen.. Purifoy, Roberson, Expe Oloumu, Dennard, Roby, Verrett, Jaylen Watkins, Bennett Jackson, Damien Swann, Quandre Diggs, Tim Scott, Aaron Colvin,Justin Gilbert, Bene Benwikere, and Rashaad Reynolds all have something to say about it.
      Last edited by nycsportzfan; 09-29-2013, 06:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tuck&rolle View Post
        Not one of your better posts
        Its a mock, not so much a post. ANd its a good mock considering where we are as a team. I know alittle about prospects, and trust me, we'd be better with that happening..

Comment

• Originally posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
          If we pick top5 and say Clowney is gone and Bridgewater is available. Would you want us to e him? Personally I wouldn't but I'm curious to see what you guys think. I do think he will be a good player though
          I'd rather someone else, but Bridegwater is better then going into next yr with dopey ELI as the QB. His days of being able to maske the mental mistakes with the clock and the putrid decison making and throwing INT after INT are over.. Its time to go in a diffrent direction then that statue.

Comment

• Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
            Stay tuned. It happens every yr , and twice on fridays plus another 10times on saturdays..etc You get the point. TO think theres no chance of Kyle Fuller being around 3picks into the 4th rd, shows you haven't watched to many drafts..lol

Its like a late 3rd rd pick. CB is extremely deep and just because one person has Fuller in the 2nd, dosen't mean it'll happen.. Purifoy, Roberson, Expe Oloumu, Dennard, Roby, Verrett, Jaylen Watkins, Bennett Jackson, Damien Swann, Quandre Diggs, Tim Scott, Aaron Colvin,Justin Gilbert, Bene Benwikere, and Rashaad Reynolds all have something to say about it.
            I would say there is at least 8 corners graded higher then him. That should put him somewhere in the 3rd round

Comment

• Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
              I would say there is at least 8 corners graded higher then him. That should put him somewhere in the 3rd round
              And teams fall in love with guys all the time also. Maybe Fuller's one of those guys, but i'm just saying. I didn't even put up Antone Exum..

Comment

ANother wk, another pathetic showing by the ginats. Again, they stay close for so long and then get compltely blasted in the 2nd half.. ELI Manning is completely done and his 2 SB runs aside, its not that surprising. Its not exactly like he was lighting the league up outside of those 2 SB runs. Hes always been a High INTpct qb and scary mistake guy..

We need to hire a new staff that goes with there own guy unless they go with Colwney. I got us picking 3rd overall right now in this mock..

1).Marcus Mariota QB Oregon- Clowney goes 2nd, and we need new QB anyways to go with new coaching staff. I like Mariota more then the others.
                2).Eric Ebron TE North Carolina- He needs weapons, especially with Nicks all but gone(he better be).
                3).Vic Beasley LB/DE Clemson- We need to start generating pass rush, and hes a speed edge rusher.
                4) Kyle Fuller CB Virginia Tech- We'll need help on the outside, and Hosley looks avg and injury prone at best. Webster should be gone.
                5).Brandon Thomas G Clemson- Good looking mid rd G with proper size and strength
                6).Eric Ward WR Texas Tech- Good hands and solid sized WR brought in for depth i wake of losing Nicks.
                7).Chaz Sutton DE South Carolina- Goes under the radar playing with Colwney, but a good player in his own right. U would think Tuck and Kiwi be gone.
                IF we were to go a diffrent route other then QB, i'd go like this.. The day of teh Statue QB is over. Just ask HOU fans who are burning Shaubs jersey in parking lot...lol Again, picking 3rd.

1). Anthony Barr OLB UCLA- Athletic diffrence maker, who would wreak havoc off the edge, and along with Damontre Moore, Prince Amukumura, and JPP, could start to form a nucleus on the defensive side of the ball..

2). AJ McCarron QB Alabama- Hes one of my fave QB's out there and does evreything right. Hes like Andy Dalton with a bit better size and i think even better decison making. Hes a proven winner and could grow with the new HC.

3).Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma St- Liked what i saw from the kid against W.Va, and hes big and fast and looks the part. I watched him pick a ball that he played perfectly and showed really good up's.. Gilbert is starting potential...

4).James Wilder Jr RB Florida St- Forget Scott and Jacobs, this kid would comp Wilson perfectly, and he runs to give out punishment and very violently. Hes a bigger , stronger Ahmad Bradshaw.

5). Xavier Grimble TE USC- Physical TE with great size and can go over the middle. A nice weapon to have and should help our rushing. We've seen nothing ooutta A.Robinson, and Myers is busting so far..

6). Dri Archer WR/RB Kent St- Maybe new Coaching staff can find way to get ball into hands of slippery, lighting quick, smaller weapons. They coulden't with Sinorice Moss or Jerrnigan, but i have feeling new staff will..

7). Chaz Sutton DE South Carolina- Good depth player who could be more once outta Clowneys shadow..

Comment

• Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                  I not only forgot Exum, but also Deshazor Everett.. But ya, Kyle Fuller could never go less then a handful of picks in the 4th rd...lol (sarcasm)

Comment

IF we were to go a diffrent route other then QB, i'd go like this.. The day of teh Statue QB is over. Just ask HOU fans who are burning Shaubs jersey in parking lot...lol Again, picking 3rd.

1). Anthony Barr OLB UCLA- Athletic diffrence maker, who would wreak havoc off the edge, and along with Damontre Moore, Prince Amukumura, and JPP, could start to form a nucleus on the defensive side of the ball..

2). AJ McCarron QB Alabama- Hes one of my fave QB's out there and does evreything right. Hes like Andy Dalton with a bit better size and i think even better decison making. Hes a proven winner and could grow with the new HC.

3).Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma St- Liked what i saw from the kid against W.Va, and hes big and fast and looks the part. I watched him pick a ball that he played perfectly and showed really good up's.. Gilbert is starting potential...

4).James Wilder Jr RB Florida St- Forget Scott and Jacobs, this kid would comp Wilson perfectly, and he runs to give out punishment and very violently. Hes a bigger , stronger Ahmad Bradshaw.

5). Xavier Grimble TE USC- Physical TE with great size and can go over the middle. A nice weapon to have and should help our rushing. We've seen nothing ooutta A.Robinson, and Myers is busting so far..

6). Dri Archer WR/RB Kent St- Maybe new Coaching staff can find way to get ball into hands of slippery, lighting quick, smaller weapons. They coulden't with Sinorice Moss or Jerrnigan, but i have feeling new staff will..

7). Chaz Sutton DE South Carolina- Good depth player who could be more once outta Clowneys shadow..
                    Stamp of approval, pretty much across the board.

Only thing is even if we address the Oline through FA, I still think we need some young Oline talent. It isn't just our starters who stink, but their backups as well. And of course, we need some LBs who aren't just cover guys. Barr is nice, but he wont fill all our LB needs.
                    sigpic

Comment

And teams fall in love with guys all the time also. Maybe Fuller's one of those guys, but i'm just saying. I didn't even put up Antone Exum..
                      I agree with u early 4 doesnt seem like a stretch to me. Im not saying it isnt possible he goes 2nd round there is a lot of time before the Draft

Comment

• Dont like your newest draft or i should say your 2nd round pick. If we replace ELi I want it to be with a higher grade talent

Comment

Barr=stud
                          Not an McCarron fan really but he has gotten better.. I don't know how he'd do in the NFL.
                          I don't know much about Gilbert, or Grimble but I will check them out.
                          If we got Dri Archer I think at the very least he could be a sick returner. I think that he can be a nice plug in player on Offense too
                          Wilder is an absolute animal! At least from his High School stuff I saw when he was getting recruited. I haven't seen much at FSU but Ill check it out
                          Sutton is a nice player I think. He is underrated because he plays with the freak himself Clowney

Overall I like it. Maybe if you were to switch McCarron for a OG/C type player that would be a solid draft IMO
                          sigpic
                          S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
                          ________________________________________________________
                          Mock Draft
                          1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
                          4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
                          6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
                          ________________________________________________________
                          Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Comment

• Originally posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
                            Barr=stud
                            Not an McCarron fan really but he has gotten better.. I don't know how he'd do in the NFL.
                            I don't know much about Gilbert, or Grimble but I will check them out.
                            If we got Dri Archer I think at the very least he could be a sick returner. I think that he can be a nice plug in player on Offense too
                            Wilder is an absolute animal! At least from his High School stuff I saw when he was getting recruited. I haven't seen much at FSU but Ill check it out
                            Sutton is a nice player I think. He is underrated because he plays with the freak himself Clowney

Overall I like it. Maybe if you were to switch McCarron for a OG/C type player that would be a solid draft IMO
                            Ya, I might be more of a McCarron guy then some, and i understand why some would choose someone else, and i'd have no problem doing that either, but i got a feeling about him.. I think hes got enough tools and a great way about him, and hes not a complete statue, like ELI.

I'd have no issue with Gabe Jackson G Miss St, Yawin Smallwood ILB UCONN, Ryan Shazier, or someone like that either. Or even Jordan Mathews, if were to lose Hakeem Nicks.

Comment

Ya, I might be more of a McCarron guy then some, and i understand why some would choose someone else, and i'd have no problem doing that either, but i got a feeling about him.. I think hes got enough tools and a great way about him, and hes not a complete statue, like ELI.

I'd have no issue with Gabe Jackson G Miss St, Yawin Smallwood ILB UCONN, Ryan Shazier, or someone like that either. Or even Jordan Mathews, if were to lose Hakeem Nicks.
                              I also feel McCarron is better than just a game manager, but not sure he is any better than Nassib either. Honestly, I am really starting to like Mettenburger. He has a cannon and has developed faster in one year than any QB I have seen.

Comment

• Shazier might be my favorite player in this draft.

And I love Clowney and barr too.

Comment

Working...
                                X