No announcement yet.

2013college yr and also 2014 NFL draft prospects thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't really care for McCarron. If we're talking about the next tier quarterbacks after Bridgewater, Mariota, Hundley, I'd probably take Stephen Morrisbefore McCarron. Then again, I'm not even thinking of taking a QB next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by penguinfarmer View Post
      Don't really care for McCarron. If we're talking about the next tier quarterbacks after Bridgewater, Mariota, Hundley, I'd probably take Stephen Morrisbefore McCarron. Then again, I'm not even thinking of taking a QB next year.
      ELI will be 33, and has been on the downswing the past 2yrs and even in his prime, he had 23td 20int type seasons. we've lost every rd in the postseason except the 2 SB runs. We got shutout as number1 seeds at home against Car simply because ELI lost his number1 WR, meaning, even in his dead of prime, he needed WR's and coulden't do it on his own. Even the SB's, were defensively WON more then anything. Holding a outstanding offense to 14 and 17pts respectively.

Its gonna take a yr probably for the rookie to be ready anyways. Not to mention, we could really get creative and trade ELI for a 1st like the Carson Palmer deal, as hes clearly more coveted then Carson. Maybe a team like the Vikings? Titans? Texans? Cards? Browns? No one thought of that yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
        I also feel McCarron is better than just a game manager, but not sure he is any better than Nassib either. Honestly, I am really starting to like Mettenburger. He has a cannon and has developed faster in one year than any QB I have seen.
        I think McCarron is much better then Nassib, and clearly a smarter QB who makes all the right plays and has enough physical tools to make those plays, and of course, hes not a complete statue. Hes got roome to add to that frame thats all ready 214lbs and he stands 6ft 3-4inch tall.. Hes a player..

Comment

• If you're going to talk about all the talent around Eli that bailed him out, but you're going to replace him with McCarron who I can say the very same thing about in his collegiate career?

Comment

• I really like Winston from FSU. I wouldn't mind grabbing him in a few years and stick with Eli. I think he is gonna be a stud
            sigpic
            S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
            6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn

Comment

• Originally posted by penguinfarmer View Post
              If you're going to talk about all the talent around Eli that bailed him out, but you're going to replace him with McCarron who I can say the very same thing about in his collegiate career?
              I'm not saying anything about eli being bailed out as to the reason we should part ways. First off, hes not getting any younger and were as a team, getting much worse. His contract eats up a ton of cap space and again, hes getting worse, and probably will only get worse as he ages. It simply makes sense to prepare for a team without ELI, as we can put money into other resources and be prepared for the day hes gone, maybe even trade em like the bengals did Carson Palmer.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
                I really like Winston from FSU. I wouldn't mind grabbing him in a few years and stick with Eli. I think he is gonna be a stud
                He is eligible next year he is a RS Freshman

Comment

• Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                  He is eligible next year he is a RS Freshman
                  I seriously think he will be the real deal. Get some Defensive studs and some OL this year and Draft Winston next year for the future. If he continues to impress that is..
                  sigpic
                  S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
                  6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn

Comment

• Anyone noticing storm Johnson, ucf rb, yet? Formerly the 3rd rated back out of hs...Also, what do you guys think Blake bortles can max out as a prospect round wise?

Comment

• Allen Robinson WR Penn St is a 1st rder. i"ve talked em up since last yr, but enoughs enough, give the kid his due! My lord!

Comment

• Originally posted by Imgrate View Post
                        Anyone noticing storm Johnson, ucf rb, yet? Formerly the 3rd rated back out of hs...Also, what do you guys think Blake bortles can max out as a prospect round wise?
                        Storm Johnson is a nice looking back. Bortles is much improved. Both are on my radar. Who do you compare Bortles 2?

Comment

• Allen Robinson and Victor Cruz would be scary wr duo! Robinson might be the best WR in the country, all though Mike Evans might have something to say about that. I think Sammy Watkins might be the most electric, but Robinson and Evans are sensational WR's!

Comment

• Jameis Winston.....WOW
                            SuperMario82 on old GMB

Comment

• Originally posted by Kovalchuk71 View Post
                              Jameis Winston.....WOW
                              Agreed! Hes gonna be a top 5pick all day long when his time comes!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kovalchuk71 View Post
                                Jameis Winston.....WOW
                                I agree he is incredible for a RS freshman. However, he has some pretty incredible weapons around him too.

If you are rating position groups its fair to say he has a top 5 Wr corp, top 5 Rb trio, top 5 offensive line, and top 3 TE.

Also I want to see him in a big game. EJ Emanuel was 1 st round pick and to me Winston already is better then EJ was. But, EJ was terrible in big games. If Jameis can show he is as good in big games as he has been so far vs mediocre competition, then I think he starts to enter the conversation for not only the Heisman, but a legit 2014+ top 5 pick.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X