Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013college yr and also 2014 NFL draft prospects thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
    NYC, I do not know if you, among all people, want to start calling others out for the picks they liked or disliked. This could VERY easily go both ways and you know it.
    I can't control my anger for this team right now. He'd been dropping balls left and right and the team was melting down again, and i lost it. Hes still super inconsistent and drops to many balls..

    Comment


    • Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
      I can't control my anger for this team right now. He'd been dropping balls left and right and the team was melting down again, and i lost it. Hes still super inconsistent and drops to many balls..
      I doubt anyone is very happy right now. I understand.


      But I 100% promise it isn't my fault. If it was, I would gladly fire myself.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
        He still had a couple drops. Hes a complimentary piece, a #3.

        Not a #1.
        Yeah I think he can be better then Manningham but not as good Nicks or Cruz. Thats fine for the 64th pick

        Comment


        • I seen Chris Jones beasting for New ENgland today. Remember the DT from B.Green who was extremely productive last yr, and we talked about em as a sleeper? Hes doing exactly what he did in college, produce. And how about slow Alshon Jeffery? Guys like Jeffery and D.Allen both fell and i knew they were gonna be studs. Its time for Jerry Reese to get back on his game!


          I'm actually hoping for Marcus Mariota at this point..

          Comment


          • Mock Draft time. I got us picking 3rd this wk..

            1). Marcus Mariota QB Oregon- Eli sucks and as much as i love his Jim Everett, Bernie Kosar type regular season performance, hes allowed to get away with 2much for 2 streaks where it was the opitomy of "team" ball more then anything else. I love ELI , but i think its time for a change. He still will go down as a Great "GIANT" though. Run/Pass option, and a guy who can do it with his feet is exciting and exactly what this team needs. Mariota is a winner and is gonna be jeff garcia in his prime like as a pro..

            2). Louchiez Purifoy CB Florida- To much upside and shutdown ability to pass up. Our secondary is wretched and needs massive amounts of help..

            3). Deone Bucannon S Washington St- Straight ball hawk! This kids a playmaker and Purifoy and Bucannon along with Prince would be a strong nucleus in the secondary.

            4). Carl Bradford OLB Arizona St- Mayock gassed up this kid last night in the nd game. He can flat out cause havoc on the QB and plays with a non stop motor, which is needed on this team. I don't know how great he is in pass coverge, but at least he'll give it a 100pct and thump the run while also making plays on the QB.

            5). Aaron Donald DT Pittsburgh- Reminds me alot of Chris Jones from last yr, who i just spoke about. This kids always had the potential to wreak havoc behind the line and be a menace on pass downs. Hes one of my fave mid rders this yr. Hankins and Donald would be a nice duo i think..

            6). Chris Watt G Notre Dame- Big bruising G to plus into the interior depth and possible more down the line...

            7). Crockett Gillmore TE Colorado St- good hands and size, and can block... GOod redzone target.

            Comment


            • Although he is not having the best year this year I do really like Jerome Smith RB from Syracuse. I think his running style would be a nice compliment to Wilson. I do think Syracuse's running game has suffered this year because of the loss of Nassib being the QB making defenses worry about the pass a lot more than Terrel Hunt behind center.. Losing Pugh I think hurt the running game for them also but Smith is a big physical runner who is decisive with his cuts which is why I think he could be a nice fit to compliment Wilson.
              sigpic
              S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
              __________________________________________________ ______
              Mock Draft
              1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
              4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
              6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
              __________________________________________________ ______
              Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

              Comment


              • Originally posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
                Although he is not having the best year this year I do really like Jerome Smith RB from Syracuse. I think his running style would be a nice compliment to Wilson. I do think Syracuse's running game has suffered this year because of the loss of Nassib being the QB making defenses worry about the pass a lot more than Terrel Hunt behind center.. Losing Pugh I think hurt the running game for them also but Smith is a big physical runner who is decisive with his cuts which is why I think he could be a nice fit to compliment Wilson.
                I like Smith to. I was trying to generate interest in him during the 2011 season when I was watching Pugh. He had 10 carries against Pitt and I was like who is this guy dragging people on his back

                The Giants need to get themselves a dirty in between the tackles bruiser from the Big 10.Almost all Big 10 backs can block well to.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                  I like Smith to. I was trying to generate interest in him during the 2011 season when I was watching Pugh. He had 10 carries against Pitt and I was like who is this guy dragging people on his back

                  The Giants need to get themselves a dirty in between the tackles bruiser from the Big 10.Almost all Big 10 backs can block well to.
                  Yeah he doesn't have great breakaway speed but if he gets a nice hole he can take it the distance. He just won't do it many times throughout the season. He could be our pound the rock guy and wilson could come in when the defense is tired and beat up and he can break off big chunks of yards. Similar to the Jacobs/Bradshaw setup when Jacobs was the #1 guy
                  sigpic
                  S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
                  __________________________________________________ ______
                  Mock Draft
                  1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
                  4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
                  6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
                  __________________________________________________ ______
                  Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

                  Comment


                  • I know this guy is not available this draft but he is eligible for next years draft. Karl "Crazy 8" Joesph is a straight beast! He is all over the place. I remember watching him last year as a true freshman and he was the best player on WVU defense easily. He is a big hitter safety who I think is going to be a stud in the NFL.

                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38klNRdgtRg
                    sigpic
                    S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
                    __________________________________________________ ______
                    Mock Draft
                    1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
                    4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
                    6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
                    __________________________________________________ ______
                    Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

                    Comment


                    • Keith Smith LB from San Jose St. is a major sleeper IMO he is averaging like 15 tackles per game. He is all over the place!

                      http://espn.go.com/college-football/...37/keith-smith

                      #31 is his number btw

                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB_Z-TSuqEM

                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqI1DSMUkEc
                      Last edited by NYGfanSTRICK; 10-09-2013, 12:39 AM.
                      sigpic
                      S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
                      __________________________________________________ ______
                      Mock Draft
                      1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
                      4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
                      6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
                      __________________________________________________ ______
                      Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                        I like Smith to. I was trying to generate interest in him during the 2011 season when I was watching Pugh. He had 10 carries against Pitt and I was like who is this guy dragging people on his back

                        The Giants need to get themselves a dirty in between the tackles bruiser from the Big 10.Almost all Big 10 backs can block well to.
                        Melvin Gordon and then have David Wilson as his backup also sounds enticing. Melvin Gordon is unreal and has really nice size at nearly 210... I'd love to have him with WIlson as his backup..

                        Comment


                        • Lets get this thread firing again guys. The college season is half over, its time to get some prospect news on the prospect thread...

                          Comment


                          • A guy i could see the giants show interest in is Zach Martin G/T Notre Dame. The guy fits what kinda lineman we like and is versatile. I could see them target Martin in the 2nd rd..

                            Comment


                            • Giants beat Vikes 23-7 for 1st win of season. They certainly didn't look great, but they got it done, none the less.. I got us picking 5th in this wks mock draft after the Win..

                              1). Sammy Watkins WR Clemson(in this case, Mathews,Barr,Mariota, and Clowney could be off the board), and Watkins would be my next guy, worthy of the explosion and game changing plays of a 5th overall pick. We'll need another WR if Nicks leave, which he probably will. Watkins and Randle on the outside, with Cruz in the slot, is freaking deadly..

                              2). Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma- I loved Colvin coming into this yr, and he struggled a bit, but has the athletic ability, size and speed to be a good cover corner going forward.. We definetly need help at CB this offseason.

                              3). Carl Bradford OLB Arizona St.- I love this kids motor and pass rush ability. I don't know if he fits scheme wise, but i'd be willing to try it out. See if we can get him in creative situations to wreak havoc on the QB.

                              4). Bryan Stork C Florida St- One of the best in the country, at a positon of need. Solid 4th rd value..

                              5). Isaiah Crowell RB Alabama St- THis guy is the kinda runner that makes for a sick backup for David Wilson. Hes very impressive runner whos tough to take down.. He weighs like 215 also, so he can give as much as he takes damage wise.

                              6). Denicos Allen OLB Michigan St- Tackle machine, who can run.. Alittle underweight but he has starting potential, i think..

                              7). Larry Webster DE/LB Bloomsburg- A undersized pass rusher, who could beef up and be a specialist or run stopper at SLB on run downs.. Worth the risk in the7th rd..

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                                Giants beat Vikes 23-7 for 1st win of season. They certainly didn't look great, but they got it done, none the less.. I got us picking 5th in this wks mock draft after the Win..

                                1). Sammy Watkins WR Clemson(in this case, Mathews,Barr,Mariota, and Clowney could be off the board), and Watkins would be my next guy, worthy of the explosion and game changing plays of a 5th overall pick. We'll need another WR if Nicks leave, which he probably will. Watkins and Randle on the outside, with Cruz in the slot, is freaking deadly..

                                2). Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma- I loved Colvin coming into this yr, and he struggled a bit, but has the athletic ability, size and speed to be a good cover corner going forward.. We definetly need help at CB this offseason.

                                3). Carl Bradford OLB Arizona St.- I love this kids motor and pass rush ability. I don't know if he fits scheme wise, but i'd be willing to try it out. See if we can get him in creative situations to wreak havoc on the QB.

                                4). Bryan Stork C Florida St- One of the best in the country, at a positon of need. Solid 4th rd value..

                                5). Isaiah Crowell RB Alabama St- THis guy is the kinda runner that makes for a sick backup for David Wilson. Hes very impressive runner whos tough to take down.. He weighs like 215 also, so he can give as much as he takes damage wise.

                                6). Denicos Allen OLB Michigan St- Tackle machine, who can run.. Alittle underweight but he has starting potential, i think..

                                7). Larry Webster DE/LB Bloomsburg- A undersized pass rusher, who could beef up and be a specialist or run stopper at SLB on run downs.. Worth the risk in the7th rd..


                                I know you and I would both like for the team to address our Oline with some nice FA pick ups. However, I do not think that is enough. We lack depth at guard, center, and tackle and even if we sign some new starters, we just don't have enough depth.

                                So while I cannot knock your choices I have to say that this team needs to seriously rededicate itself to being physical rather than finness and I think that starts with the trenches. Bryan Stork is a fine prospect in a strong center class. But, we need more. I actually think we need 3 new starters on the Oline and 2-3 backups, preferably with some youth in there. Some will have to be FA pickups, and some may have to be picks.

                                I would love a Sammy Watkins on this team. He might be the fastest player I have seen in a long time, in actual on field speed I mean, not just track speed. However, I just don't think he will do this team a bit of good if we are unable to protect from guard to guard.

                                If this year has shown me anything it is that the people who argue that guards aren't worth 1st round picks don't know what they are talking about.

                                For the record, I am not arguing that we take a guard with the 1st pick no matter what. But, this isn't a deep guard class and we simply cannot ignore that position anymore. Therefore, we have to address it somewhat early in the draft, preferably in the 1st 2 or 3 rounds. If we are picking top 5, then we wont go guard in round 1 for obvious reasons.

                                In tonight's broadcast Gruden subtly made a point that I have been making for weeks: about mid way through last year Dcoords figured out Eli, and this offense. They figured out how to disrupt him by pressuring him up the middle in his face. Make him step laterally and take away his ability to step up. Gruden mentioned the "double A" gap blitzes we have seen numberous times this year. That is just 1 example of it. Carolina was able to get that push up the middle with just their DTs. Everyone is doing it to us and it is working.

                                So if we want to have any chance of getting the "old Eli" back we need capable and powerful interior blockers who can keep the interior pushers out of Eli's face. We don't have that now and we haven't had that for some time. Teams are going to do this for the rest of Eli's career until he shows he can deal with it. We cant afford "average" guards and centers anymore. Diehl is old, Snee is old and broken, Bass is bad and broken, Cordle is a backup at best.

                                So while I cannot knock a single player on your mock, I also cannot say I like it unless it happens to come with a whole lot of free agent signings and those signings need to be guys with ugly faces, facial hair, neck tattoos and like to eat steaks and block DTs. And oh yea, we need a lot more defense too.
                                Last edited by BlueSanta; 10-22-2013, 05:08 AM.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X