2013college yr and also 2014 NFL draft prospects thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Welp, we won 2in a row, lead by our defense who hasen't given up a single point, albeit against some bad QB's, but great RB's, and as we seen in KC with Jason Campbell, its still hard to hold a team scoreless no matter who is the QB..Its also no coincidence that ELI hasen't thrown a pick the past 2wks, the first 2games of the season we can say that, and there both wins..lol I just have a gut feeling if we had a Marcus Mariota type QB, we'd of won today 30-7.. Oh well, ELI was solid today, and hasent killed us with mistakes the past couple wks..

Heres my after the game weekly mock.. I got us picking 7th, after having us picking 5th last wk..

1). Sammy Watkins WR Clemson- I'm sticking with Watkins, becuase i think Mathews, CLowney, Barr, Mariota, will all be gone by pick 7.. Watkins is the most explosive player on the board. Nicks will most likely be gone and a bit more explosion to catch up to ELi's overthrows will be nice on the outside. Also, Watkins is a threat to take it to the house any time he touches the rock...

2).Austin Seferian Jenkins TE Washington- The perfect fit for our offense. Hes massively big , yet athletic, can block, and is a huge redzone target.. Our offense would be deadly scary with Watkins, Cruz, Seferian jenkins, and Randle!

3).Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma St- Perfect giants type corner. Big and fast , and kinda reminds me a bit of Prince..

4).Aaron Donald DT Pittsburgh- Plug him next to Hankins and you got a perfect complement to eachother. Donald is smallish but very strong and generates much pressure from the interior

5).Brandon Thomas G Clemson- great value i think this late. Thomas could offer depth for interior of oline and possibly win a job..

6).Isaiah Crowell RB Alabama St- Big bruiser who was a top player for the GA before being let go for offield issues. Hes a good value in RD6 and fits this offense like a glove.

7).Denicos Allen OLB Michigan St- Undersized LB, can hopefully convert to "deon grant" role on team, as he can really move and is all over the field, and could be a weapon in the box on run downs and as extra defender in pass coverege. I think he's good enough to take TE's down the seam as well. Hes very talented, just really undersized..
    You really think Austin Seferian Jenkins is going to last almost until pick 40? I don't see it.
    SuperMario82 on old GMB

Comment

RG3 runs all day last wk, and this wk, he dosen't run at all and plays a just wretched game.. Of course its gonna kill me in fantasy..
      I have Griffin in fantasy too. I just spent some words venting about his mechanics in the "Wow Washington" thread.
      "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

• Originally posted by titwio View Post
        I have Griffin in fantasy too. I just spent some words venting about his mechanics in the "Wow Washington" thread.
        Luckily, i still won because i had Jordy Nelson and Boykin go off for combined 45points in the sunday nighter, but still.. Next wk, i'm debating going with Brady at Home agianst Pittsburgh, over RG3 against SD..

Comment

• Originally posted by Kovalchuk71 View Post
          You really think Austin Seferian Jenkins is going to last almost until pick 40? I don't see it.
          Hes having a down season and Eric Ebron and Jace Amaro are playing outta this world. Obviously anything can happen, but his stock has certainly fallen this yr. The only reason i have em going there is because CBS.SPORTs had em going there and i used there big board for the mock, otherwise i'd forget about players..

What do you think of the draft? I was torn on either Yawin Smallwood ILB Uconn or Justin Gilbert CB Ok St in the 3rd rd. Even now, i wonder if i made the right choice? My thinking would be Smallwood goes to the middle or maybe even Strongside, as hes quite big enough, with Beason as one of the other starters and Jaquian Williams backing up WLB.. Smallwood and Beason is such a intriguing duo at the LB positon. Dion Bailey S Usc is another one i'd consider in the 3rd rd.

Comment

.1). Sammy Watkins WR Clemson- I'm sticking with Watkins, becuase i think Mathews, CLowney, Barr, Mariota, will all be gone by pick 7.. Watkins is the most explosive player on the board. Nicks will most likely be gone and a bit more explosion to catch up to ELi's overthrows will be nice on the outside. Also, Watkins is a threat to take it to the house any time he touches the rock...
            If Mike Evans from Texas A&M came out, do you think the Giants would consider him over Watkins? He's the perfect type of outside receiver this offense needs in the event Nicks heads elsewhere next season. He can make those tough catches outside the numbers and can punish an opposing defense that lacks good tackling from the secondary. Maybe not this upcoming year but depending on what happens in the receiver department, he could be on our radar next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
              If Mike Evans from Texas A&M came out, do you think the Giants would consider him over Watkins? He's the perfect type of outside receiver this offense needs in the event Nicks heads elsewhere next season. He can make those tough catches outside the numbers and can punish an opposing defense that lacks good tackling from the secondary. Maybe not this upcoming year but depending on what happens in the receiver department, he could be on our radar next year.
              Dude, I swear the first time I ever saw Evans play I thought he'd end up a hybrid TE at the next level. He's come a long way but his speed is still questionable. I'm really curious to see how he times at the combine. He really has great hands and can win at his height for jump balls. ...I'm just still a little skeptical about what kind of receiver he'll be in the NFL.

For the record I like Watkins better but Evans is an intruiging prospect. I doubt the Giants go wide-out in round 1 though anyway.

Comment

• hey nycsportsfan i really love that mock you made ,we might need to get some lineman in free agency but i like how the first two picks add offensive talent im really big on both and justin gilbert i had in my last mock , i think peoples are starting to see that our offense needs more additions than our defense as when we got the lead as a player has said the pressure really got to the eagles

Comment

• Originally posted by titwio View Post
                  Dude, I swear the first time I ever saw Evans play I thought he'd end up a hybrid TE at the next level. He's come a long way but his speed is still questionable. I'm really curious to see how he times at the combine. He really has great hands and can win at his height for jump balls. ...I'm just still a little skeptical about what kind of receiver he'll be in the NFL.

For the record I like Watkins better but Evans is an intruiging prospect. I doubt the Giants go wide-out in round 1 though anyway.
                  I think Mike Evans and Sammy Watkins are flat out studs and easily top 10picks. Most compare Mike Evans to Vincent Jackson, who does in fact have speed and is a deep threat. Smaller corners won't stand a chance and he's gonna be able to out physically play defenders for balls and be a huge redzon asset.. I personally think Watkins is more needed, because randle becomes ur big bodied, long WR on the outside, and you can put Watkins whos really improved his route running and underneath routes anywhere, and he also has the blazing speed to beat defenders deep.. Watkins explosion is the deicding factor for me. He can take it to the house from anywhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBlueBeatsU View Post
                    hey nycsportsfan i really love that mock you made ,we might need to get some lineman in free agency but i like how the first two picks add offensive talent im really big on both and justin gilbert i had in my last mock , i think peoples are starting to see that our offense needs more additions than our defense as when we got the lead as a player has said the pressure really got to the eagles
                    Thanks. Ya, right now, i'd say the offense looks like it needs a makeover plus i'm assuming Nicks is gonna sign elsewhere. ELI must be protected and have weapons to throw 2. You gotta keep replenishing and this yrs offense has been very stagnent and has become less explosive 2yrs straight now. Its time for alittle makeover and to get a legit in line blocking , pass catching TEwho gives ELI another big target in the redzone..

Comment

I think Mike Evans and Sammy Watkins are flat out studs and easily top 10picks. Most compare Mike Evans to Vincent Jackson, who does in fact have speed and is a deep threat. Smaller corners won't stand a chance and he's gonna be able to out physically play defenders for balls and be a huge redzon asset.. I personally think Watkins is more needed, because randle becomes ur big bodied, long WR on the outside, and you can put Watkins whos really improved his route running and underneath routes anywhere, and he also has the blazing speed to beat defenders deep.. Watkins explosion is the deicding factor for me. He can take it to the house from anywhere.
                      Yep I agree with you about Watkins. To me he's a faster version of Hakeem Nicks. May not be as polished a route runner but he has that same snag-ability of the ball and can go up and get it too. Not to mention he's fast as hell. He could play all three of the X, Y, Z in this offense. I like all those wide-outs they have at Clemson. Martavis Bryant and Mike Williams are the future there and they're both specimens at the same height of 6'5.

As for Evans, I can really see a team like the Jets snagging him the first.

Comment

• 1st- Khalil Mack OLB/DE Buffalo- If we keep winning we will be out of the running for Clowney and Barr.. Mack is a stud as well
                        2nd- Brandon Coleman WR Rutgers- His stock is falling because guys like Cooks are playing well. I think he could be a stud
                        3rd- Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma St.- Playmaking CB, just what we need
                        4th- Chris Burnette OG Georgia
                        5th- Jerome Smith RB Cuse
                        6th- Demarcus Lawrence DE Boise

I am leaving the 7th rounder out bc of the Beason trade but I have no idea if that actually is the pick we traded..
                        sigpic
                        S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
                        ________________________________________________________
                        Mock Draft
                        1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
                        4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
                        6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
                        Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Comment

• how did Zac Stacy fall so far guy is going to be a solid back for a long time

Comment

• Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                            how did Zac Stacy fall so far guy is going to be a solid back for a long time
                            I thought he was going to be the steal of the draft. He is a powerful runner for how small he is. I think he kind of has a little MJD in him
                            sigpic
                            S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
                            Mock Draft
                            1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
                            4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
                            6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
                            Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Comment

• Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                              how did Zac Stacy fall so far guy is going to be a solid back for a long time
                              Don't know. I swear sometimes NFL GM's over analyze. I loved Stacy as did most of us who are on here often, and to be honest, it was surprising he even went in the 5th, as most had em in the 6th-7th.. At least they figured it out before then..lol(NFL GM's)

Also, you must of seen Earl Thomas in run support? Dudes not just a CF'er at all. He was coming up and popping guys all night long. I thouhgt John Gruden was gonna lose his voice he was talking about Earl Thomas so much. Also, Alec Ogletree is a stud! You know how much i liked both those guys, and i'll add Whitney Mercilus to the list also. They would have are offense off the chain if they were here, albeit, we woulden't have JPP or PUgh.. But still, Earl Thomas, Ogletree, Beason, Amukumura, Hankins, Joseph, D.Moore, J.Williams, McBride, W.Hill, Mercilus is one heck of a defensive nucleus to grow with...

I probably never got into more arguements about anyone then i did about Earl Thomas on here, with Akeem Ayers and Ogletree and Mercilus trailing in at 2nd and 3rd. and 4th..lol l I'd love to have all 3 of em here! They are all studs!

Ogletree projected rook num- 106tckl 6FF 2INT 2TD 8PD 6TFL

E.Thomas project num- 106tck 4FF 8INT 12PD. Also has 9TFL in his career...

W.Mercilus project num- 46Tckl 11sack

Akeem Ayers is having a bit of a down yr for him, but has been very solid overall also..

As many guys as i've liked, those are the guys who for the most part i've wanted most.. That'd be a nice 4some to build a defense with..

I don't know why i posted this, i just was thinking about the past serveral drafts after watching Earl Thomas dominate last night and realized we'd be solid if we took my guys..lol
                              Last edited by nycsportzfan; 10-29-2013, 07:09 AM.

Comment

• Redeye, ur amazing! I was over at ur amazing site draftbreakdown and was delighted to see one of my sleepers Rob Blanchflower TE Umass video against W.Michigan on the front page! What a treat for me!

It was a brilliant game for the TE also. He made alot of crucial blocks and seen him make multiple blocks on at least one play.. He definetly missed a block once, but overall, he made many key blocks to spring big plays or solid gains. His pass catching is 2nd to none. Hes got fantastic hands, can run after the catch, and is a very solid route runner.. Blanchflower is a TE sleeper, all day long. I've all ready had him in many of my mocks to this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X