Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Wow!
    I have never heard of a team winning a game without completing a pass and it was an FCS team beating an FBS team.. that's crazy!
    sigpic
    S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
    6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn

Comment

• I didn't do are weekly mock right after the game this wk because that one stung alittle to much. I was crushed last night and i'm still having a tough time dealing with it. Anyhow, i got us picking 10th overall after the loss to the cowgirls.

1).Mike Evans WR Texas A&M- Nicks is all but gone, and Jerrnigan and Murphy aren't the answer. We need a big,strong, physical WR like Mike Evans to complement the savy route running victor cruz . Teamed with Rueben Randle, its make for a formidable trio of WR's, and are offense just lacks playmakers in the pass game. Evans hasent been great the past few wks but i'm sold on him all ready. Hes in the Vincent Jackson/Michael Floyd mold of WR.

2).Deone Bucannon S Washington St- Rolles been awesome this yr, but got picked on in coverege badly that last drive which is a reminder to me that hes been more not worth the money then worth it in his tenure with us and is only getting older. Bucannon is a big physcial player who has off the charts instincts. Its rare you see a player of Bucannons size be able to be such a ballhawk, on top of perfect size for downhill thumping in the run game.

3).Xavier Grimble TE Usc- On a hunch, i really think Grimble would be a great fit with ELI and in the way we like to use are TE's in recent memory. Adrien Robinson was a bust pick and Donell isn't the answer. Myers hasen't been as good as i thought he'd be in the pass game, and i think ELI likes more of the big targets like Ballard, Boss,and Bennett. Grimble falls into that category at 6ft 5in 250plus lbs..ELI would be very happy adding both Mike Evans and Grimble to the offense..

4).Jonathan Brown OLB Illinois- Good value in the 4th rd. Can rush the passer and adds depth to SLB positon where Rivers is known to be injury prone.

5).Weston Richburg C Colorado St- With Baas all but gone, Corldles filled in and done admirably, but some depth and competiton is in need. I was impressed with Richburg against college best Alabama, and think theres some value with him the 5th rd..

6).Khyri Thornton DT Southern Miss- Watched him a couple wks ago and was really impressed as were the announcers. Would complement Hankins really well, and reminds me of Corneilius Griffin from yrs ago.

7).Chris Watt G Notre Dame- Really impressed with him this past wk against BYU, and Watt could give us some needed youth and depth on the interior of the oline.

Comment

• I wanted so badly to put Aaron Donald DT Pittsburgh in as are 1st rd pick, but i just coulden't do it yet.lol Hes a stud!

Comment

• Heres a small writeup on Aaron Donald from a Helmet Stickers segment on ESPN.com

Pitt DT Aaron Donald: A front-runner for the ACC's defensive player of the year award, Donald was the catalyst in getting Pitt bowl eligible with a 17-16 win over Syracuse. Donald had nine tackles -- eight solo -- including 3.5 for a loss. He had two quarterback hurries, and his blocked PAT proved the difference in the game. For the season, he has a national-best 26 tackles for loss.

Comment

Heres a small writeup on Aaron Donald from a Helmet Stickers segment on ESPN.com

Pitt DT Aaron Donald: A front-runner for the ACC's defensive player of the year award, Donald was the catalyst in getting Pitt bowl eligible with a 17-16 win over Syracuse. Donald had nine tackles -- eight solo -- including 3.5 for a loss. He had two quarterback hurries, and his blocked PAT proved the difference in the game. For the season, he has a national-best 26 tackles for loss.
            I watched the game and he was an absolute animal that game. He could not be stopped at all. That was the first time I have watched him live and was very impressed with him. Also he looks like he weighs more than 285 (which is probably his only knock) Same with Bromley they call him undersized as well
            sigpic

Comment

• Vic Beasley has kind of fallen off of the map since his breakout first few games to the season... he has 10 sacks on the year but only has 1 sack in his last 5 games..
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
                I watched the game and he was an absolute animal that game. He could not be stopped at all. That was the first time I have watched him live and was very impressed with him. Also he looks like he weighs more than 285 (which is probably his only knock) Same with Bromley they call him undersized as well
                Yup, the weight is his only knock, thats why its so impressive at how strong he is. I think hes gonna be a 1st rder by the time its said and done, just because his weight dosen't seem to keep him outta the backfield often, and at that weight, you'll be able to line em up outside at times on obvious run downs, giving him added verstaility.

Some of my fave prospects out there right now are Aaron Donald, Deone Bucannon, Andre Williams, Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, Jason Verrett, Khalil Mack, Mike Evans, Paul Richardson, and Kony Ealy.. If we could make a draft outta that group, and hit Oline in FA'cy, i'd be stoked.

Comment

• I honestly think with the way things have played out that Evans or Watkins have to be the first pick. Nicks is gone so we will need to replace him.

Comment

Yup, the weight is his only knock, thats why its so impressive at how strong he is. I think hes gonna be a 1st rder by the time its said and done, just because his weight dosen't seem to keep him outta the backfield often, and at that weight, you'll be able to line em up outside at times on obvious run downs, giving him added verstaility.

Some of my fave prospects out there right now are Aaron Donald, Deone Bucannon, Andre Williams, Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, Jason Verrett, Khalil Mack, Mike Evans, Paul Richardson, and Kony Ealy.. If we could make a draft outta that group, and hit Oline in FA'cy, i'd be stoked.
                    I wouldn't mind a first three rounds of Donald or Ifo in the first then 2nd P-Rich and Andre Williams in the 3rd. That would be a ton of talent in the first 3 rounds who can all make an impact for us early on I think
                    sigpic

Comment

• Why is there so many awful players in the NFL? How do guys like Matt Flynn and Matt McGloin end up starting games? How? Watching football on thanksgiving sucked this yr. Its nothing but players that don't belong anywhere near a football field. So many crap players who i didn't even think were that good in college making oodles of doe to suck. It sure is wierd man.

Comment

Why is there so many awful players in the NFL? How do guys like Matt Flynn and Matt McGloin end up starting games? How? Watching football on thanksgiving sucked this yr. Its nothing but players that don't belong anywhere near a football field. So many crap players who i didn't even think were that good in college making oodles of doe to suck. It sure is wierd man.
                        Flynn was absolutely terrible today... along with the entire Packers offense. McGloin has shown "glimpses" but not very many haha.
                        sigpic
                        ________________________________________________________
                        Mock Draft
                        1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
                        4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
                        Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Comment

• This guy is an underrated DE I think. Shawn Oakman RS Soph from Baylor. He is 6'9 275, he has basketball experience and is really playing for the first time since High School. He overpowers most OT's and shows great quickness at times for a guy his size.

sigpic
                          Mock Draft
                          1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
                          4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
                          Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Comment

• Originally posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
                            Flynn was absolutely terrible today... along with the entire Packers offense. McGloin has shown "glimpses" but not very many haha.
                            McGloin threw a ball to small wr Jacoby Ford up the sideline who was perfectly covered by a much bigger CB, and he underthrew him to boot. For some reason, i was frustrated and lost it at that point.lol I just spent 3hrs watching whatever the heck Matt Flynn and Co were doing, and just saw 2 Raider defenders basically run into eachother and completely wiff on Jason Witten in the openfield(witten got additonal 20yrds becasue of it), and i just coulden't take it anymore..lol There was way to much crap on the field for such a great holliday..lol

The witten play just made me angry for some reason and it was closely followed by the McGloin pick, which i honestly felt was a mistake no one I know in this world would of made. I'm talking down to my 7yr old nieces...lol I wanted to watch good football and it seemed, the first 2 games were nothing but crap bowls. At least the ravens/steelers put on a pretty good show.

Comment

• Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
                              I honestly think with the way things have played out that Evans or Watkins have to be the first pick. Nicks is gone so we will need to replace him.
                              I've been saying this basically all yr long. I don't know what took people so long to see Nicks was not the same player and was simply not coming back. I've known this for the entire yr.

Comment

I've been saying this basically all yr long. I don't know what took people so long to see Nicks was not the same player and was simply not coming back. I've known this for the entire yr.
                                I also have soured completely on Nicks. He is nowhere near the player he once was. We need an upgrade to the WR corps

Comment

Working...
                                X