No announcement yet.

2013college yr and also 2014 NFL draft prospects thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a coincidence, both playoff games , the hometeam comes back from being down quite a bit and its a 1pt game in the 4th. Man, the NFL is just so lucky nowaday..lol

Comment

• Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
      The teams in the playoffs all have potent offenses with very good QB's. Thats what they have. Go look at Eli's 3pick games. Guranteed the scores giants alittle and the other team, alot..lol
      Ok. but that statement has nothing to do with the 1 I responded to though. You argued to succeed in the NFL weapons matter most. That is your basis for not wanting us to select an early lineman.

Isnt that what you're saying here:
      Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
      This Chiefs/Colts playoff games a riot.lol 45-44??lol Luck throws 3picks and they still score 45! Hence, why i woulden't worry about drafting a G or T in RD1 or 2. In todays NFL, its all about weapons and scoring.
      Your own example betrays you. Both the Chiefs and Colts have spent early picks on shoring up the offensive trenches in recent years. That is the case with most of the playoff teams. There is no doubt the NFl is more about scoring these days but you still need guys in the trenches to enable scoring too.

My biggest problem is your implying that the trenches aren't just as important as the finesse positions.

I am certainly not gonna argue that we need better play out of our QB position than we saw this year. There is no doubt about that. But that isn't a justification for ignoring a major team need early in the draft.

If the best guy on the board when we pick is an Olineman, we better take him. I am not sure it will, the board doesn't line up as well for interior Olineman at the 12th pick. As you and I have talked center is a need and it is a deep class, so that is good,we can address that need in other rounds. But the argument that "weapons" are more important doesn't fly with me. It doesn't fly with the other teams in the playoffs as almost all of them have spent early picks on lineman in recent years.

My last point would be more of a general gripe but if our early picks are going to help us we need them to play, and play soon. TC has been very reluctant to play rookies at speed positions for any meaningful amount of time.
      Last edited by BlueSanta; 01-05-2014, 12:19 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

• If you watched these playoff teams then you would see that these qbs have clean pockets 90% of the time and have at least some running game. Foles can read an book every time he drops back. The giants line barely gives Eli a clean pocket 5 times during the course of an entire game. Oline is a must starting in the second round.

Subscribe to me on YouTube: mlerm17
        Follow me on Twitter @mlerm17

Comment

• Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
          Excited to watch Jordan Mathews from Vandy today. I am thinking he could be either a trade down target or a 2nd round target if he lasts that far. He would be an excellent replacement for Nicks.
          He was phenomenal in his bowl game. I see him being one of those risers when the process rolls around. Personally, I don't see him making it out of the 1st round or getting passed a team like the Patriots.
          "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

• Martavis Bryant declared for the draft. He is the other Clemson WR who also pretty damn fun to watch. What do you guys think about him? I am interested to see where he starts getting projected because he isn't on many sites yet because I don't think many thought he would declare
            sigpic
            S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
            __________________________________________________ ______
            Mock Draft
            1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
            4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
            6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
            Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Comment

• Originally posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
              Martavis Bryant declared for the draft. He is the other Clemson WR who also pretty damn fun to watch. What do you guys think about him? I am interested to see where he starts getting projected because he isn't on many sites yet because I don't think many thought he would declare
              He's raw as hell but he's so physically gifted. I mentioned him a lot this year (along with Watkins & Williams) being huge specimens related to Tajh Boyd's success. If I were a team in need of receiver, I could see someone taking a chance on him no sooner than the mid 3rd. He's still very much a project but with proper coaching, he could be special. He's very much a gamble imo though...similar to Stephen Hill.
              Last edited by titwio; 01-05-2014, 11:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by titwio View Post
                He's raw as hell but he's so physically gifted. I mentioned him a lot this year (along with Watkins & Williams) being huge specimens related to Tajh Boyd's success. If I were a team in need of receiver, I could see someone taking a chance on him no sooner than the mid 3rd. He's still very much a project but with proper coaching, he could be special. He's very much a gamble imo though...similar to Stephen Hill.
                Yeah I just read an analyst projecting some of the latest WR's to declare for the draft. He had Davante Adams in the 2nd who I really like. He had Brandon Coleman in the 3rd which he could be a Barden 2.0 or become a beast I think. He had Bryant as a 4th rounder so you were right around the right area of the draft. I agree that he is really raw and a physical specimen... I wonder what type of numbers he could have put up next year without Watkins being there. I bet he would have got drafted much earlier if he stayed another year but if he pans out he could be a beast. He kind of reminds me of a faster Sidney Rice.
                sigpic
                Mock Draft
                Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Comment

• ^ Bryant and Mike Williams (both athletic and stand 6'5) could have been a tremendous duo next year. Would have liked to see them shine a season without being stuck in Hopkins & Watkins spotlight.

IMO....Bryant should have stuck it out another year. Would have only done him good being the guy for at least one year. Still too many question marks around him right now.

Comment

• Yeah the decision surprised me because I was looking forward to seeing him as the primary guy. I hope that he can become a solid player in the NFL. I love watching good tall WR's
                    sigpic
                    Mock Draft

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                      Ok. but that statement has nothing to do with the 1 I responded to though. You argued to succeed in the NFL weapons matter most. That is your basis for not wanting us to select an early lineman.

Isnt that what you're saying here:

Your own example betrays you. Both the Chiefs and Colts have spent early picks on shoring up the offensive trenches in recent years. That is the case with most of the playoff teams. There is no doubt the NFl is more about scoring these days but you still need guys in the trenches to enable scoring too.

My biggest problem is your implying that the trenches aren't just as important as the finesse positions.

I am certainly not gonna argue that we need better play out of our QB position than we saw this year. There is no doubt about that. But that isn't a justification for ignoring a major team need early in the draft.

If the best guy on the board when we pick is an Olineman, we better take him. I am not sure it will, the board doesn't line up as well for interior Olineman at the 12th pick. As you and I have talked center is a need and it is a deep class, so that is good,we can address that need in other rounds. But the argument that "weapons" are more important doesn't fly with me. It doesn't fly with the other teams in the playoffs as almost all of them have spent early picks on lineman in recent years.

My last point would be more of a general gripe but if our early picks are going to help us we need them to play, and play soon. TC has been very reluctant to play rookies at speed positions for any meaningful amount of time.
                      When you gonna realize, he plays(coughlin), rooks that need to play. Meaning, rooks without much in front of him. It has nothing to do with positon, but whos at the postion the rook happens to play. Every yr you say this, and every yr coughlin plays another rookie from another positon that happens to not have much depth in front of him blocking him.. Just because a rookie dosen't play when hes got guys like Toomer and Burress in front of em, dosen't mean Coughlin dosen't play rooks. Just becasue he dosen't start Brandon Jacobs or play him a ton with Tiki Barber on the roster, dosen't mean he won't play a rookie.. Now, who the heck was he gonna play in front of Justin Pugh this yr? The guys a 1st rd pick with no Kareem McKenzie in his prime to stop him from playing. Simple as that..

Comment

He was phenomenal in his bowl game. I see him being one of those risers when the process rolls around. Personally, I don't see him making it out of the 1st round or getting passed a team like the Patriots.
                        Alot of people all ready have him going in the late 1st and have for most of the season. Sure, some got him going the 1st 10picks of the 2nd rd, but theres not alot of room for him to "rise" from possible 1st/early 2nd rd.. Only way he gets in the top half of the 1st rd is if he runs a sub 4.5 and puts on a show at both combine and proday. Hes not a burner, so i doubt that happens. Hes a heck of a prospect though..

Comment

• Originally posted by Mlerman17 View Post
                          If you watched these playoff teams then you would see that these qbs have clean pockets 90% of the time and have at least some running game. Foles can read an book every time he drops back. The giants line barely gives Eli a clean pocket 5 times during the course of an entire game. Oline is a must starting in the second round.
                          Again, its a revolving door. Here we thought we had are LT for the next 5-6 yrs in Beatty and then drafted Justin Pugh, thinking now we are getting close to a established Oline, and then inexplicably, beatty sucks. Now Pughs gotta move to LT, and Beatty is a unknown, so were not even that much better on the oline. I've watched teams like Dolphins and Steelers have crappy lines yr in and yr out and continue to draft olineman and yet there olines continue to suck. Could it be, that it has something to do with the QB you have? Probably. Eli falls before guys even get within 4yrds of him often, and Big Ben is known for holding the ball a very long time, which has soemthing to do with it.. My point is, we probably aren't gonna have a great Oline during Eli's regressive yrs, becasue hes just not that good a QB, and is gonna make stupid decisons , and alot of em will be blamed on the Oline, but in fact, a smarter QB probably would take or be able to avoid god knows how many of those sacks.

I pray we don't waste a 1st rd pick on a Olineman. PRAY! Or were gonna have another joke season on our hands. We need a true diffrence maker. Someone that can help a slightly above Avg QB flourish a bit more.. Everyone wants to keep drafting to Eli's needs. Eli hasen't even been a super star at any point in his career and is now about to be 33yrs old.. I mean, come on? What do you guys think Elis gonna do, start making all these great decisons and be able to avoid sacks and what not, as he ages? Are best chance of winning with Eli again, is to load up on weapons, and hope Eli can make more plays then mistakes throughout a game.. There isnt a LT or G or C thats gonna help Eli going forward. Hes regressing from A big above Avg to below avg. It happens, especially to guys who aren't stars and are in there 30's..

Comment

• Most of the mocks I've read have him low to mid 2nd round...that's why I said I think he'll rise. I can easily see him going in the mid to low 20's with a good workout.

Comment

Most of the mocks I've read have him low to mid 2nd round...that's why I said I think he'll rise. I can easily see him going in the mid to low 20's with a good workout.
                              Most i've seen the entire yr have em in the 1st or top 10 of 2nd rd.. Hes really good.. I'd be shocked if he falls to the end of rd 2.. But then again, anythings possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                                Most i've seen the entire yr have em in the 1st or top 10 of 2nd rd.. Hes really good.. I'd be shocked if he falls to the end of rd 2.. But then again, anythings possible.
                                Yeah he has been projected solid first rounder pretty much the entire year. He just quietly performs very well.. and by that I mean he isn't as flashy as a guy like Watkins or make the miraculous jump ball catches like Evans but he consistently performs well. He probably would get more recognition by people if he played for a better team. I don't want to say he is underrated or under the radar but he just isn't talked about much it seems like. He is kind of sliding a bit I think though with some of the performances from guys but he could be the 3rd best WR in the class. He might also be the safest pick at the position other than Watkins because he is a straight beast but I could see guys like Lee, Robinson, Benjamin or even guys like Landry or Adams getting picked over him just because they flashier guys who might catch peoples eyes compared to someone like himself or Cooks who has been solid all year long but just really doesn't get the appreciation that you would expect from someone with their numbers
                                sigpic
                                Mock Draft

Comment

Working...
                                X