2013college yr and also 2014 NFL draft prospects thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    1 of the Draftbreakdown guys jon dove did a 2nd round mock draft has us taking Jace Amaro and Aaron Donald.Kinda like yours better with Niklas in the 3rd. I do like Amaro a lot though.
    Ya, i hope we get one of Amaro, Ebron(worth the risk, as far as him fitting out Offense), Niklas, Seferian-Jenkins, Fiedorowicz, and if not one of those top TE's, at least one of Blanchflower, Don Dixon, A.Lynch, or M.Jensen..

Comment

Really surprised with how well Mcbride played.
      Ya, i'd of never thought in a million yrs i'd be ok with putting him as a starter oppo Prince in my perdicted 2014 defensive depth chart, and be ok with it..lol Still woulden't mind bringing in some comp and resigning TT..

Comment

My top player on my board was Beason . Loved Beason in college
        I was a Adrien Peterson guy myself. That was one of teh best players i've ever watched in College.. Not that i expected to get em. I actually wanted Leon Hall realistically but wasen't upset about Aaron Ross. Actually liked the pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
          I was a Adrien Peterson guy myself. That was one of teh best players i've ever watched in College.. Not that i expected to get em. I actually wanted Leon Hall realistically but wasen't upset about Aaron Ross. Actually liked the pick.
          I meant when we picked not overall

Comment

I meant when we picked not overall
            OH, you mean who you were hoping when we got on the board? Believe it or not, i actually wanted Aaron Ross once Leon Hall was off the board.

Comment

• Aaron Ross never became a star, but he contributed to both sb victories as a starting cb. From what I remember, he actually played lights out both runs even as a rookie.

Subscribe to me on YouTube: mlerm17
              Follow me on Twitter @mlerm17

Comment

• Does anyone know anything about Victor Hampton CB from South Carolina? I have been interested in him but I haven't gotten a chance to see much of him at all. He looks like a safety from his build. Draftbreakdown just posted a game of him vs Miss St. He looks like a willing tackler and a pretty physical CB. He is currently a 2-3 round projection on cbs sports. He is 5'10 202..

From cbs sports

STRENGTHS: Possessing a broad-shouldered, tapered frame that looks more like a safety than a cornerback, Hampton certainly passes the eye test. Better yet, his raw athleticism holds plenty of promise.
                Boasts the quick feet, fluid hips and sudden acceleration to handle press coverage duties, alternately punching the receiver to jam him at the line of scrimmage or waiting to run with him downfield.

Good instincts for the position. Peeks back at the quarterback and reads the body language of receivers to diagnose the play and breaks on the ball with confidence, showing the quick, active hands to knock passes to the ground. Physical tackler, who flashes as a true striker capable of forcing fumbles with his big collisions.

Experienced punt and kick returner. Good vision, elusiveness and acceleration with the ball in his hands.

WEAKNESSES: Not yet the sum of his parts. Relies on his physicality and athleticism in coverage, rather than technique. Stands tall, rather than crouched low often when in press position, leaving himself vulnerable to quick underneath routes.

A little grabby as he rides receivers downfield and will occasionally lose track of the ball while battling for position. Entered 2013 as South Carolina's primary punt returner but averaged just three yards on nine opportunities over the regular season.

COMPARES TO: Brandon Carr: Athletic and gritty, each cornerback boasts obvious upside. Consistency, however, is tougher to predict without better technique.

--Rob Rang (12/29/13)

Game vs Miss St

sigpic
                S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
                6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn

Comment

• Hey Strick, I know its way early, but just outta curiousity, you have a player next yr thats got ur curiousity alittle more then others? I just wanna here a couple diffrent names is all.lol I was looking at a 2015 mock is why i'm asking.. For me, Jalen Strong WR Arz St is at top of the list if we don't add much this yr, and Ifo Ekpre Olomu(he was on my top 5 big board before deciding on going back this yr.lol). And a couple more i'd add, Randy Gregory DE Nebraska, and i'll end with Todd Gurley RB GA.. Those would be my extremely early top 4 i'd hope for next yr at this time.. I'm surprised how good a 2rd mock looked next yr in spite of all the underclassmen declaring..

Also, shout out to AJ Johnson ILB Tenn going back to school. He fell off some and needs to show he can be left on the field for all 3downs next yr. Hes fine as a 2down run stuffer who can use his strength to disengage at the line and make the stop, but he struggles in pass coverege. He needs to work on that, because 2down thumpers aren't going in the 1st rd. Smart choice on his behalf going back..I still don't like Ekpre Olomus and Mariotas decisons. I would take Ekpre Olomu over any corner in this yrs draft and same for Mariota. Mariota was at the top of my big board before going back to school. Also, Cedric Oguhebi OT A&M going back is odd? He was top 10perdicted. Wheres he gonna go? With QB's like Jameis Winston, Mariota, Bryce Petty, all prob going top 10 , i can't see him rising much past the 5th to 10th pcik and he could fall alot if he gets hurt..

Oh well, just some random 2015 stuff..lol

Comment

Ya, i hope we get one of Amaro, Ebron(worth the risk, as far as him fitting out Offense), Niklas, Seferian-Jenkins, Fiedorowicz, and if not one of those top TE's, at least one of Blanchflower, Don Dixon, A.Lynch, or M.Jensen..
                    Now your speakin' my language. haha. Ebron!!
                    2017 Mock Draft

1st: Forrest Lamp, OG Western Kentucky
                    2nd: Caleb Brantley, DT Florida
                    3rd: Gerald Everett, TE South Alabama
                    4th: Dont'a Foreman, RB Texas
                    5th: Damontae Kazee, CB San Diego State
                    6th: KD Cannon, WR Baylor
                    7th: Jalen Reeves-Maybin, LB Tennessee

Comment

• They have the 2014 College All-Star Challenge on ESPN tonight (9:00). Just a heads up if anyone's interested in checking it out. Don't know who's gonna be there tonight but it's a fun event and I watch it every year. Still remember the one in 2009 with Hakeem Nicks and Ramses Barden.
                      "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

• In 2007, I would of loved Beason or Poz at pick 20, being a LB guy. But I also really liked Reggie Nelson from Florida. We needed DBs though so I was ok with Ross.

Comment

• Ross followed up by Steve Smith in the 2nd.. I really liked the Smith pick that year..

Comment

Hey Strick, I know its way early, but just outta curiousity, you have a player next yr thats got ur curiousity alittle more then others? I just wanna here a couple diffrent names is all.lol I was looking at a 2015 mock is why i'm asking.. For me, Jalen Strong WR Arz St is at top of the list if we don't add much this yr, and Ifo Ekpre Olomu(he was on my top 5 big board before deciding on going back this yr.lol). And a couple more i'd add, Randy Gregory DE Nebraska, and i'll end with Todd Gurley RB GA.. Those would be my extremely early top 4 i'd hope for next yr at this time.. I'm surprised how good a 2rd mock looked next yr in spite of all the underclassmen declaring..

Also, shout out to AJ Johnson ILB Tenn going back to school. He fell off some and needs to show he can be left on the field for all 3downs next yr. Hes fine as a 2down run stuffer who can use his strength to disengage at the line and make the stop, but he struggles in pass coverege. He needs to work on that, because 2down thumpers aren't going in the 1st rd. Smart choice on his behalf going back..I still don't like Ekpre Olomus and Mariotas decisons. I would take Ekpre Olomu over any corner in this yrs draft and same for Mariota. Mariota was at the top of my big board before going back to school. Also, Cedric Oguhebi OT A&M going back is odd? He was top 10perdicted. Wheres he gonna go? With QB's like Jameis Winston, Mariota, Bryce Petty, all prob going top 10 , i can't see him rising much past the 5th to 10th pcik and he could fall alot if he gets hurt..

Oh well, just some random 2015 stuff..lol
                            Gregory for sure. I saw him twice this season and he was a straight monster. Him and Jean-Baptiste were really their only good defensive players. I think he could be the top DE next year. I will try and think of some others too. Ekpre-Olomu is a good one as well!
                            sigpic
                            ________________________________________________________
                            Mock Draft
                            1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
                            4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
                            Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Comment

• Originally posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
                              Gregory for sure. I saw him twice this season and he was a straight monster. Him and Jean-Baptiste were really their only good defensive players. I think he could be the top DE next year. I will try and think of some others too. Ekpre-Olomu is a good one as well!
                              Dorian green-beckham to me is the face of the next draft, he is the next megatron, but he needs to stay out of trouble, I'm thinking legitimate top 5 for him?

Comment

• Melvin Gordon RB Wisconsin is another that I like. I really like his vision

Vic Beasley DE Clemson: He started this year off great. I am interested to see if he can piece together a good year next season

Shalique Calhoun DE Michigan St: had a solid season this year and I am looking for him to take the next step

Ty Montgomery WR Stanford- I watched him a few times and he was very explosive. He is my favorite WR going in to 2015. A sleeper WR I have is Kenny Bell WR Nebraska. He just does everything solid. He doesn't have great stats because Nebraska has no accurate QB's... he also had the biggest block I have seen from a WR in college when he absolutely killed a guy on Wisconsin!
                                sigpic
                                Mock Draft
                                1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
                                4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
                                Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Comment

Working...
                                X