Top OLmen in 2014 Draft:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Honestly, I would trade out of our top pick if it is top 5 and there is a stud waiting there. I bet QBs will go first, Bridgewater being the prize, and Mariota will shoot up boards. Then you have Hundley from UCLA who is being looked at as a #2 pick, and Tajh Boyd making a name for himself. By the end of the year, Manzeil could be big. All 4 could be early top 10 picks. If a team like the Cards or Eagles finish ahead of us record wise and want in, they may pay the piper. We could get some very good draft picks back in return. Then we can rebuild the OL and still fix the D.
    3 of those QB's are RS Sophomores. Good chance not 1 of them declares

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
      I wouldnt, giants need stud players on defense. They only have 1, maybe 2.
      It depends on what pick we have if we are picking 5 and are moving down to 8 and getting a 2nd round pick in return I might do it. It also depends on what players are there. If Clowney and Barr are gone then I would probably move down. We need an edge rusher very bad. If we have a top 10 pick Im looking at pass rushers and Cornerbacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
        3 of those QB's are RS Sophomores. Good chance not 1 of them declares
        Who? Manzeil I can almost guarentee will enter. Also, Boyd and Bridgewater will declare as well due to their stock being projected top 5. Mariota will become a huge hype QB down the stretch and will really consider it. He is having a Heisman type year and has all the size and speed.
        WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Who? Manzeil I can almost guarentee will enter. Also, Boyd and Bridgewater will declare as well due to their stock being projected top 5. Mariota will become a huge hype QB down the stretch and will really consider it. He is having a Heisman type year and has all the size and speed.
          Really doesn't mean anything. Luck was guaranteed #1, but elected to come back. Jake Matthews and Taylor Lewan were both certain top 15-20 picks last year, but decided to return to school.

Comment

Originally posted by EliIsTheBaas View Post
            Really doesn't mean anything. Luck was guaranteed #1, but elected to come back. Jake Matthews and Taylor Lewan were both certain top 15-20 picks last year, but decided to return to school.
            No, it doesnt. But Manziel has said he cant wait to get out of college and to the nfl. Same as clowney. They are both pretty much guaranteed to come out

Comment

I'm on the Marcus Mariota bandwagon. I believe ELI is a good not great QB whos career is on the downswing. Its not that surprisng seeing how hes 32 and always been what he is, its just age is adding to his unconsistent ways now.. Mariota can use his feet and arm.. He can improvize and has won alot.

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                I'm on the Marcus Mariota bandwagon. .

I am as well. If his head is screwed on straight, this kid has a bright future.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                  I am as well. If his head is screwed on straight, this kid has a bright future.
                  He reminds me of a more straightened out CAm Newton. Maybe even faster.

Comment

I would love the Giants to trade back a few times pick up a bunch of picks, draft Khalil Mack in the first, and having 2 2nds, get Swanson and Gabe Jackson in the 2nd.

Comment

Trading out of a likely top 5 pick and shoring up the o-line is sound strategy but dull for us fans. While I see the logic of this strategy I'd much rather see them grab an exciting player like Clowney or one of the top corners (although I'm not aware of a CB worthy of a top 5 pick this year).

If they could somehow end up w/ two first round picks or a top 10 1st round and another high second I would be fine w/ trading out of their earned draft spot.
                      Last edited by RugDaniels; 10-11-2013, 12:13 PM. Reason: i can't spell

Comment

4 Jake Matthews OT 1 Texas A&M Sr 6-5 305 1
                        10 Taylor Lewan OT 3 Michigan rSr 6-7 315 1
                        30 James Hurst OT 6 North Carolina Sr 6-6 305 1-2

56 Anthony Steen OG 4 Alabama rSr 6-2 310 2
                        82 Spencer Long OG 5 Nebraska rSr 6-4 315 2-3

102 Tyler Larsen C 3 Utah State Sr 6-4 312 3

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MrTrue-Blue/174427272634629?ref=ts&fref=ts

Comment

I really hope we find a way to land Cyril Richardson. He is a beast on the interior and would start from day 1. Nasty.

Comment

I really hope we find a way to land Cyril Richardson. He is a beast on the interior and would start from day 1. Nasty.
                            Yeah, I would love Richardson in round 2. Not sure he gets there but if he is not, grab Gabe Jackson and plug him right in. Look at what Warford has done for the Lions. Jackson is a similar player.

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
                              Yeah, I would love Richardson in round 2. Not sure he gets there but if he is not, grab Gabe Jackson and plug him right in. Look at what Warford has done for the Lions. Jackson is a similar player.
                              I agree, I like Gabe. He would be a later pick too. Some sites show him slipping to the 4th round. Either way, we need to rebuild the OL with cheap young linemen. That is where the draft comes in. Pugh is a great start. Hopefully Beatty recovers with whatever he is going through.

If we can trade back in the 1st and pick up a pick or 2, Im ok with drafting Richardson in the first. He could dramatically change the OL in 2014.

Comment

I agree, I like Gabe. He would be a later pick too. Some sites show him slipping to the 4th round. Either way, we need to rebuild the OL with cheap young linemen. That is where the draft comes in. Pugh is a great start. Hopefully Beatty recovers with whatever he is going through.

If we can trade back in the 1st and pick up a pick or 2, Im ok with drafting Richardson in the first. He could dramatically change the OL in 2014.
                                Yep, I agree. I think Jackson would not be available after round 3 but I would grab him in the second. He has played very well in the best Collegiate conference and could step right in and start a la Larry warford this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X