I've been monitoring the Mock Drafts lately

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walter Football has us at #5...

Picking Louis nix - DT from Notre dame. One spot after they have Oakland taking Clowney

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
      GO to the website im affiliated with Draftbreakdown.com we have an unreal amount of video on draft prospects
      cool...will do

Comment

Ive been mocking Clowney to them the past couple weeks. And Ryan Shazier in the 2nd

Comment

We are currently mocked at #4 on CBS.com....taking Clowney.

Walterfootball.com has us at #3 taking Clowney. Maybe the season was fixed.

Comment

Clowney would be a ****ing disaster.

If Reese drafts him, he'll regret it.
            "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

I was watching college football live today, and they brought up a good point. The selfish way Clowney has been acting by keeping himself away from games, questions his character into question. Is he a team player or is he someone who only looks out for his own benefit? A question Giants would have to determine if they truly would go for Clowney.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan4lyfee View Post
                I was watching college football live today, and they brought up a good point. The selfish way Clowney has been acting by keeping himself away from games, questions his character into question. Is he a team player or is he someone who only looks out for his own benefit? A question Giants would have to determine if they truly would go for Clowney.
                I'll make a prediction.

Clowney will be a major bust, and the GM who selects him will likely get fired for it down the road.

Everyone talks about his huge (totally unblocked) hit during the Outback Bowl. They forget to mention that Taylor Lewan did a tremendous job against him.

Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 10-09-2013, 11:28 PM.
                "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

Comment

If we end up with #1 overall, I think we trade the pick away. A team like Cleveland or Jacksonville would want a crack at the top qb pick (either Manziel or Bridgewater at this point).

If nobody bites, it's clowney. Can't see us spending #1 overall on a QB with Eli still in the house, when there's more pressing needs like OL. With two first rounders, we could get two guards (unfortunately don't see us releasing Baas since his salary is almost entirely guaranteed at this point), and be fairly okay at the OL position. Or even a G and a T and move Pugh inside.

Or we could find a trade partner for Eli if someone like Bridgewater actually projects to be a franchise QB, and get both him and another pick for OL.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

A more expensive Osi

Comment

Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
                      I'll make a prediction.

Clowney will be a major bust, and the GM who selects him will likely get fired for it down the road.
                      Can't say I like hearing the latest about Clowney, but I think he's less likely to be a bust than Manziel...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

It depends on the position we're drafting in. In the top five there's normally stud offensive tackles and defensive lineman taken. Bradley Roby would probably be my top pick if it weren't to be Jadeveon Clowney or Jake Matthews. You don't see as many linebackers and guards taken in the top ten, and when they are it's usually a hit or miss.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                          If we end up with #1 overall, I think we trade the pick away. A team like Cleveland or Jacksonville would want a crack at the top qb pick (either Manziel or Bridgewater at this point).

If nobody bites, it's clowney. Can't see us spending #1 overall on a QB with Eli still in the house, when there's more pressing needs like OL. With two first rounders, we could get two guards (unfortunately don't see us releasing Baas since his salary is almost entirely guaranteed at this point), and be fairly okay at the OL position. Or even a G and a T and move Pugh inside.

Or we could find a trade partner for Eli if someone like Bridgewater actually projects to be a franchise QB, and get both him and another pick for OL.
                          As long as the best OL or LB is available, trade down and generate additional draft picks. It will really depend on who is available, but I'd like to get an impact linebacker or else an offensive lineman in the first. From what I'm reading, there are some high quality prospects at both positions that figure to go early in round 1.

Having said all that, if Clowney is on the board, Reese will take him. No way will he be able to resist. And maybe he gets a guy that is really a game-changer. But I question his heart.
                          Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 10-10-2013, 12:00 AM.

Comment

I like Jake Matthews, but I think there's only a very small window where he makes it to us. If we pick first or second, Reese might take Clowney. So hopefully he's off the board when we pick. Then we move Pugh inside.

Comment

Depends on just how badly the Giant's season is as to the strategy they may take. Clearly picking at the top of the list could change their direction... Beyond that I would like to see the following:

MLB: even if Beason does well, some we need one for the future
                              C: Anyone else tired of Baas and his injuries
                              CB: We could use another dominant CB
                              DE: This is an area that we need some assistance as well

Comment

Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
                                I'll make a prediction.

Everyone talks about his huge (totally unblocked) hit during the Outback Bowl. They forget to mention that Taylor Lewan did a tremendous job against him.

It's amusing you think his hype is based off that hit. You couldn't be more wrong.

And Taylor Lewan got help all game with Clowney. Lewan is a first round prospect on his own, and he couldn't deal with Clowney by himself.
                                Last edited by slipknottin; 10-10-2013, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X