No announcement yet.

Anyone watching Clowney today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try two seasons. He's no being selective. You are.

I don't see the JPP comparison in regards to questioning the effort. While ineffective, that's hardly the reason why Pierre Paul is.

While his current injuries are up for the medical staff to evaluate, I see nothing else in his body to suggest he can't hold up. He's the ideal size at this very moment. Doesn't need to lose weight. Doesn't need to put any on. Still seems like you're nitpicking and projecting another's future mindset for the sake of doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by penguinfarmer View Post
      Try two seasons. He's no being selective. You are.

I don't see the JPP comparison in regards to questioning the effort. While ineffective, that's hardly the reason why Pierre Paul is.

While his current injuries are up for the medical staff to evaluate, I see nothing else in his body to suggest he can't hold up. He's the ideal size at this very moment. Doesn't need to lose weight. Doesn't need to put any on. Still seems like you're nitpicking and projecting another's future mindset for the sake of doing so.
      +1
      2016 Mock Draft Wish List
      1st Jack Conklin RT, Mich St
      2nd Noah Spence DE, Eastern Kentucky
      3rd Kenneth Dixon RB, La Tech
      4th Leonte Carroo WR, Rutgers
      5th Antwuan Woods, DT, USC
      6th Tyronne Holmes DE, Montana

Comment

Even though i was frustrated with Clowney, he still has lead the way for me along with mariota as the 2 guys i want most in this yrs upcoming draft.. I'm just way to intrigued to see a trio of JPP, DaMonster, and Clowney on the same field(figure it out!).

Comment

So anyone watching Clowney?
          The Problem is the Oline, PERIOD

Comment

Playing well today, still do not see the "game changer" he's supposed to be. Still seems to mosey about when the play is away from his side. It's as if the motor runs really, really well for very short periods of time, and then? Like a Top Fuel car...wow did you see that, and then that's it...it's over!

If you compare Aaron Donald's motor to him, you see Donald doesn't quit where Clowney just?
            Still not sure what's up with him,
            lazy maybe?
            reading to many press clippings?

Comment

Clowney sure as hell didnt look lazy this game. Wis payed a ton of attention to him, doubles/triples all game.

Finally in the last 2 minutes or so they left him on an island, and he dominated them, batted a couple passes, had some hits/pressures.

I have still never seen a college pass rusher get attention like this from the opposing team.

Just like this forum was getting on jpp last year for not having another 15+ sack season, and people saying he didnt try as hard, a lot more of it had to do with teams giving him way more attention. Its a mental thing then, to keep working through double teams. Its not a mentally easy thing to do.

Clowney probably wont be given as much attention in the NFL, at least not if he has capable players elsewhere, which he did not really have this season
              Last edited by slipknottin; 01-01-2014, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post

I have still never seen a college pass rusher get attention like this from the opposing team.

He hasn't had the remarkable season we all wanted to see. But I agree that I have never seen a college player more schemed against. I watched today's game from start to finish and today he looked like the best player in college football again.
                sigpic

Comment

No slip, not today, he looks very good.
                  That's just it though, you wonder if you have to check his blood sugar after every series!

Comment

Originally posted by STAR View Post
                    No slip, not today, he looks very good.
                    That's just it though, you wonder if you have to check his blood sugar after every series!
                    I think its just mentally and physically exhausting constantly being double teamed.

And there has to be a ton of frustration setting in when you want to make plays but teams continually keep the ball away from you.

Comment

Too bad we have no chance to get him. Just imagine a healthy jpp and Clowney rushing the passer!

Subscribe to me on YouTube: mlerm17
                      Follow me on Twitter @mlerm17

Comment

Kudos to Clowney for even playing. I'm surprised the guy didn't tell Spurrier he wasen't playing because he didn't want to get hurt.

Comment

Slip, I have to disagree with you. I saw him get some double, but a lot of single coverage. He had some pressure, but the LT did a great job solo on Clowney today.
                          The Problem is the Oline, PERIOD

Comment

I don't see him dropping between 5-10, however if he does, do we pay the steep price to move up?

This what I'm talking about when I said those last two chump, bloodsucking wins can only hurt us, not help. Senarios like this, we could have been 8th.

Comment

There is no way Clowney is on the board when we pick. He will be gone in the first 3 picks.

Comment

More than likely not, however watching drafts as often as I've been, so much changes post Bowl games, combine, individual workouts and the interviews that the final rankings are no where near set. Not even Bridgewater, Clowney or Barr.

Comment

Working...
                                X