Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

for everyone that wanted Poyer.. Including myself

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • for everyone that wanted Poyer.. Including myself

    Eagles waived CB Jordan Poyer.
    A seventh-round pick, Poyer had been relegated to special teams the last five weeks after playing 17 defensive snaps in the season opener. The Eagles were considering moving him to safety prior to his release and will likely re-sign him to the active roster or practice squad if he clears waivers.
    Oct 19 - 1:28 PM
    source: Rotoworld

  • #2
    if a porous defense like the eagles waive you, then you must not be very good.

    Comment


    • #3
      Weird. I wanted him. Thought he would be a 3rd rounder. Wonder what happened.
      Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
        Weird. I wanted him. Thought he would be a 3rd rounder. Wonder what happened.
        I would pick him up we have limited young talent at CB. This season is lost anyway
        Last edited by Redeyejedi; 10-20-2013, 10:59 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          I'd pick em up in a second! I'd give Poyer and Charles James some playing time. They both have some talent, and even though they would be alot of finesse, they would at least make some plays on the ball for us, and both have solid instincts..

          I thought Poyer was a 1st rd type talent coming out. I loved em. But, its a tough game, and being wrong about prospects comes with the territory.. Still, hes very talented, and very athletic(former baseball player), who is instinctive and has enough size to survive on the outside..

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
            I'd pick em up in a second! I'd give Poyer and Charles James some playing time. They both have some talent, and even though they would be alot of finesse, they would at least make some plays on the ball for us, and both have solid instincts..

            I thought Poyer was a 1st rd type talent coming out. I loved em. But, its a tough game, and being wrong about prospects comes with the territory.. Still, hes very talented, and very athletic(former baseball player), who is instinctive and has enough size to survive on the outside..
            He tested awful at the combine thats why he fell

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
              He tested awful at the combine thats why he fell
              Eh. I didn't let that bother me. He prooved his athletic ability by AVG'ing 14yrds on punt returns and being a multi sport stud at Oregon St.. He lead the PAC12 in picks 2times, and he racked up solid tackle numbers while at State also.. He can ball.
              Last edited by nycsportzfan; 10-20-2013, 03:32 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                He tested awful at the combine thats why he fell
                I really never understood why some put so much stock in the combine. If a player can play, he can play.
                Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                  I really never understood why some put so much stock in the combine. If a player can play, he can play.
                  . . . and now he's been cut, so this situation sort of undermines your point . . .

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                    I really never understood why some put so much stock in the combine. If a player can play, he can play.
                    Teams didnt believe he was fast enough to play CB in the NFL.Its probably the 1 position it matters. CB's need to sit on shorter routes than when the receiver reaches their hip flip and run if u dont have superior speed u will get beat vertically. Poyer ran a 4.54 thats right on the borderline to where CB production drops off a cliff
                    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 10-20-2013, 08:22 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                      I really never understood why some put so much stock in the combine. If a player can play, he can play.
                      I agree to a point. Is it a big deal if a guy is technically sound and runs a 4.5 instead of a 4.4 probably not but if a guy runs a 4.62 than u might have a problem. Its also the value of the player u wpouldnt take that guy in the first but u would in the 7th.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        But its like, Justin Pugh's arms are short. So he must not be that good. Lets throw out all the game film on him. lol
                        Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          We don't really have much to lose at this point in the season, I would be all for picking him up and see if he can do anything.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by B-Red22 View Post
                            We don't really have much to lose at this point in the season, I would be all for picking him up and see if he can do anything.
                            You got to figure T2, Ross and CWeb are gone after this year. Not to mention Rolle if he doesnt take a cut.
                            Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                              You got to figure T2, Ross and CWeb are gone after this year. Not to mention Rolle if he doesnt take a cut.
                              T2? I doubt it.. he's played well. Ross? I can see Reese bringing him because he's played well too

                              Webster is done though

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X