Vontaze Burfict

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vontaze Burfict

Who's still upset that Reese did not draft or even sign that man? He's still a tackle monster that improves the defense, imagine him and Jon Beason together! Why Reese?! WHY?!

Sorry, been watching some of his games the last two years and it still ticks me off we didn't sign him.

Gambles look great when they go in your favor....let's just be happy we got Beason which is a steal

Comment

He's an ILB if I'm not mistaken, so him and Beason would have never been a reality.
      Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
        Gambles look great when they go in your favor....let's just be happy we got Beason which is a steal
        This is true, if he stays healthy, but I remember seeing Burfict play for two years back when he was in college and thinking, "If the Giants draft this guy, they'll have one hell of a LB." The fact he dropped so far because of his personal issues and that we didn't pick him up makes me mad. The guy maybe crazy, but that's what makes a great LB, just look at LT being coked up all the time lol, but he was crazy as well.

Comment

Originally posted by thomasg2488 View Post
          This is true, if he stays healthy, but I remember seeing Burfict play for two years back when he was in college and thinking, "If the Giants draft this guy, they'll have one hell of a LB." The fact he dropped so far because of his personal issues and that we didn't pick him up makes me mad. The guy maybe crazy, but that's what makes a great LB, just look at LT being coked up all the time lol, but he was crazy as well.
          Yea the kid is a beast, I have him on my fantasy team lol....that being said, it was a gamble and in hindsight it looks great.

I don't think Reese addressed the LB situation well but Burfict was one guy I was willing to pass on at the time, as most teams did

Comment

Yea the kid is a beast, I have him on my fantasy team lol....that being said, it was a gamble and in hindsight it looks great.

I don't think Reese addressed the LB situation well but Burfict was one guy I was willing to pass on at the time, as most teams did
            The guy seemed like a head case. We just don't take those kind of chances in the first round.
            Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

Comment

Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
              The guy seemed like a head case. We just don't take those kind of chances in the first round.
              The guy went undrafted but I agree, we've brought in some trouble makers (Manningham, Bradshaw, Will Hill...etc) but Vontaze was notorious

Comment

It was a gamble no doubt, but I saw the guy would be a monster on the field. I was wary at first, but after watching his last college season, I knew he was a future NFL Pro-Bowl caliber player.

Comment

Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
                  First round, yeah, but when he went undrafted, 30 minutes after the draft I was screaming "SIGN HIM! SIGN HIM! SIGN HIM!!!!" Lol

Comment

The guy went undrafted but I agree, we've brought in some trouble makers (Manningham, Bradshaw, Will Hill...etc) but Vontaze was notorious
                    MM, AB, and Hill all had isolated incidents. Vontaze had several incidents that discouraged scouts.

Comment

First round, yeah, but when he went undrafted, 30 minutes after the draft I was screaming "SIGN HIM! SIGN HIM! SIGN HIM!!!!" Lol
                      LOL your right. No excuse. UFA that plays at that level are rare.

Comment

Comment

Love how everyone has jumped on the Beason train now..
                          Stop Booing Tiki Barber.

Comment

Originally posted by NYGisBallin View Post
                            haha agreed, everyone was calling him washed up and blackburn is better then him not realizing he wasnt even playimg the MLB position in Carloina. Now that hes back to his normal position hes killing and I love to see all the know it alls shut up. Saying hes washed up and hes better then anyone we have by far.

Comment

Originally posted by NYGisBallin View Post
                              I was happy when we got Beason because some of us knew what he could do if healthy. That was the only concern I had with him was if he could stay healthy

Comment

Working...
                              X