Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 NFL Draft Sleeper Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I'd like to add these couple players who have impressed me in recent wks.


    Devon Kennard OLB Usc- Love this guys versatility and size. He attacks run plays and hits hard and don't give ground. he stops RB's in there tracks.

    Khyri Thornton DT So Miss- This guys gonna fly up boards. Watched him in losing effort last wk and he stuck out. THe announcers talked highly of hijm and i could see him work perfectly in a rotation. He has a ton of range and powerful upper body. Hes built like a brick house also. Check this dude out, seriously!
    Last edited by nycsportzfan; 11-14-2013, 08:18 AM.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by BigBlueBeatsU View Post
      he does look really good ,but i think the giants dont neeed a safety we have a 3 safety system and next year we will have stevie brown again he led our team in interceptions last year ,so the 3 safetys will be stevie brown,antrelle rolle,and will hill who has shown good play
      True but I think this guy would make much more sense being on our roster than Cooper Taylor... Although we haven't seen much of Taylor but Pryor I think would be a monster on special teams with the way he plays and could be Rolles replacement down the road.

      Obviously it is not the biggest need we have by any means though haha
      sigpic
      S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
      ________________________________________________________
      Mock Draft
      1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
      4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
      6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
      ________________________________________________________
      Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

      Comment


      • #18
        Donte Moncrief WR Ole Miss might not be considered a "sleeper" because he is projected to be a 2nd or 3rd rounder but he is very underrated IMO. He is a WR who can do it all including blocking. He is 6'3 216 which is big for a WR, he is fast for his size also. He makes a real effort run blocking. Not probably an "elite" talent but could be a very solid player I believe.



        Here is Rob Rang's Analysis of him
        STRENGTHS: Moncrief's thick frame, deceptive speed and smooth route-running make him a nightmare for cornerbacks. He does not possess the explosive moves of Southern Cal's Marqise Lee or Clemson's Sammy Watkins but might be a better player than either of them. He is sudden in his breaks, showing the ability to generate separation even against tight man coverage, and accelerates quickly, often leaving defenders in his dust on double-moves. Moncrief tracks the ball well and generally shows excellent hands (one drop vs. Texas), as well as the body control to make the d***ling grab. Moncrief is also cognizant in the running game, showing awareness and toughness as a downfield blocker

        WEAKNESSES: Perhaps the only thing standing in Moncrief's way of becoming the first "skill-position" player from Mississippi to earn a first round draft selection since Eli Manning (No. 1 overall, 2004) is the question about his straight-line speed. Moncrief was not caught from behind on tapes viewed but the big-bodied receiver may not possess elite timed speed.
        --ROB RANG
        Last edited by NYGfanSTRICK; 11-22-2013, 01:24 AM.
        sigpic
        S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
        ________________________________________________________
        Mock Draft
        1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
        4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
        6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
        ________________________________________________________
        Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
          Donte Moncrief WR Ole Miss might not be considered a "sleeper" because he is projected to be a 2nd or 3rd rounder but he is very underrated IMO. He is a WR who can do it all including blocking. He is 6'3 216 which is big for a WR, he is fast for his size also. He makes a real effort run blocking. Not probably an "elite" talent but could be a very solid player I believe.



          Here is Rob Rang's Analysis of him
          STRENGTHS: Moncrief's thick frame, deceptive speed and smooth route-running make him a nightmare for cornerbacks. He does not possess the explosive moves of Southern Cal's Marqise Lee or Clemson's Sammy Watkins but might be a better player than either of them. He is sudden in his breaks, showing the ability to generate separation even against tight man coverage, and accelerates quickly, often leaving defenders in his dust on double-moves. Moncrief tracks the ball well and generally shows excellent hands (one drop vs. Texas), as well as the body control to make the d***ling grab. Moncrief is also cognizant in the running game, showing awareness and toughness as a downfield blocker

          WEAKNESSES: Perhaps the only thing standing in Moncrief's way of becoming the first "skill-position" player from Mississippi to earn a first round draft selection since Eli Manning (No. 1 overall, 2004) is the question about his straight-line speed. Moncrief was not caught from behind on tapes viewed but the big-bodied receiver may not possess elite timed speed.
          --ROB RANG
          I agree with ya on Moncrief. Actually, Moncrief could be almost the perfect replacement for Hakeem Nicks.. They are similar in they use there bodys to shield off DB's and have strong hands. He might not be a deep threat, but hes certainly has a chance to be a strong intermediete route and redzone target.

          Comment


          • #20
            Yeah he seems like the type of WR that we would draft. He is not as explosive as Richardson but he brings a lot of things to the table. He is an intriguing prospect I think
            sigpic
            S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
            ________________________________________________________
            Mock Draft
            1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
            4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
            6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
            ________________________________________________________
            Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

            Comment


            • #21
              Henry Josey, RB from Mizzou. Would love to see him in Giant blue and with our back situation up in the air with a bunch of older guys minus Wilson. He can catch and run.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
                Yeah he seems like the type of WR that we would draft. He is not as explosive as Richardson but he brings a lot of things to the table. He is an intriguing prospect I think
                I'd rather Richardson myself, but if the team wants a similar reciever to what Nicks is/was then they might take a look at Moncrief. Also much like nicks, Moncrief is big and strong with big hands and relys on physicality more so then pure speed and athletiscim..

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                  I'd rather Richardson myself, but if the team wants a similar reciever to what Nicks is/was then they might take a look at Moncrief. Also much like nicks, Moncrief is big and strong with big hands and relys on physicality more so then pure speed and athletiscim..
                  I would rather have Richardson as well. He is my favorite WR in the draft... although I do not think he is the best WR, I just like him a lot. I am excited to see Ole Miss vs Mizzou and Colorado vs USC. I will be interested how Richardson and Moncrief show up to play
                  sigpic
                  S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
                  ________________________________________________________
                  Mock Draft
                  1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
                  4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
                  6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
                  ________________________________________________________
                  Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Chris Watt G Notre Dame is having a whale of a game for Notre Dame.. Hes a decent sleeper that could help keep Pugh at RT.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Rat_bastich View Post
                      Henry Josey, RB from Mizzou. Would love to see him in Giant blue and with our back situation up in the air with a bunch of older guys minus Wilson. He can catch and run.
                      I am watching the Mizzou game right now I will check him out. I am also going to be watching L'damian Washington (Mizzou) and Donte Moncrief (Ole Miss) at WR. also Michael Sam and Kony Ealy at DE (both Mizzou)
                      sigpic
                      S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
                      ________________________________________________________
                      Mock Draft
                      1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
                      4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
                      6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
                      ________________________________________________________
                      Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        If Paul Richardson had a legit QB he would have insane stats. His QB has played awful today and he still has 63... one of his worst games so far. Moncrief went over 100. Both guys will be good WR's I think. Richardson could be a star though not going to lie
                        sigpic
                        S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
                        ________________________________________________________
                        Mock Draft
                        1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
                        4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
                        6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
                        ________________________________________________________
                        Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Now he has 88 and a TD. He is a beast
                          sigpic
                          S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
                          ________________________________________________________
                          Mock Draft
                          1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
                          4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
                          6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
                          ________________________________________________________
                          Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Josey had a pretty good day with 6.3 yards per carry. He had an injury a year ago that kept him out but it looks like he came back just as strong.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Few I would have said are already posted. Not sure if these will be "sleepers" but Kevin Norwood (WR, Alabama) and Anthony Chickillo (DE, Miami) may end up being some guys.
                              2017 Mock Draft (Pre-combine / FA):

                              Rd 1: OJ Howard (TE, Alabama)
                              Rd 2: Tanoh Kpassagnon (DE, Villanova)
                              Rd 3: Antonio Garcia (OT, Troy)
                              Rd 4: Samaje Perine (RB, Oklahoma)
                              Rd 5: Davis Webb (QB, Cal)
                              Rd 6: Ahkello Witherspoon (CB, Colorado)
                              Rd 7: DJ Jones (DT, Ole Miss)

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Some guys i've talked about over the course of the season i should put in this thread.

                                Rob Blachflower TE Umass
                                Dexter McDougle CB Maryland- Got hurt after monster game
                                Jordan Tripp OLB Montana
                                Silas Redd RB Usc
                                Andre Williams RB B.College
                                Weston Richburg C Colorado St- this kid can play. Held his own against vaunted bama defense.
                                Jonathan Brown OLB Illinois
                                Kenny Ladler S Vanderbilt
                                Bruce Gaston DT Purdue
                                Brandon Thomas G Clemson
                                Kenny Guiton QB Ohio St.- I actually like this kid. I think he can be a surprise at the next level.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X