2014 NFL Draft Sleeper Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    I think he would be a backup at best. I liked him at Cuse, not sure about the NFL. If he is undrafted, why not? Lol
    Yeah he was pretty good for cuse but he could be a nice ST's player. I think he would be decent UDFA pickup as well
    sigpic
    S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
    6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn

Comment

I'll add Will Clarke DE W.Virginia to the list.. At first glance, you think end in a 3/4 is his best positon in the NFL, but hes actually really flexible, and has a solid burst off the snap.. Clarke also has a great deal of strength and is formidable against the run as well as getting to the QB.. This kid can play..

Comment

They just put this video of a sleeper RB that I like a lot on draftbreakdown. I believe this is the first video they put up of him. Zach Bauman is very elusive and has surprising power. This kid has really good vision and will break defenders ankles in the open field. Really fun to watch. Their QB is not good and their OL was getting destroyed most of this game but Bauman showed some nice abilities in this game I think

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
          I'll add Will Clarke DE W.Virginia to the list.. At first glance, you think end in a 3/4 is his best positon in the NFL, but hes actually really flexible, and has a solid burst off the snap.. Clarke also has a great deal of strength and is formidable against the run as well as getting to the QB.. This kid can play..
          Another Malik jackson, perhaps

Comment

Originally posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
            They just put this video of a sleeper RB that I like a lot on draftbreakdown. I believe this is the first video they put up of him. Zach Bauman is very elusive and has surprising power. This kid has really good vision and will break defenders ankles in the open field. Really fun to watch. Their QB is not good and their OL was getting destroyed most of this game but Bauman showed some nice abilities in this game I think
            My first time watching him, and I dont like him at all.

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
              Another Malik jackson, perhaps
              Good comparison indeed. I was gonna say Corey Wooton myself..

Comment

My first time watching him, and I dont like him at all.
                It wasn't his best game. He probably wouldn't fit our teams running style. He is more of a shifty change of pace guy. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes undrafted honestly. He is a pretty deep sleeper but I like some of the moves that he makes. He is really like their only weapon so the whole defense can key on him.. He is a pretty good receiver too he is one of their best receivers if not the best on their team.
                sigpic

Comment

Here is another deep sleeper whose highlight is very fun to watch. He will most likely be on my sleeper team that I make this year. I made one last year which consisted of mostly deep sleepers and there were a few to make an impact in the NFL their rookie year. Some of the notable players I had last year were Zach Sudfeld who was on the Pats early on, Jordan Mills starter for the Bears, David Bass rotational DE for Bears who made some plays, Melvin White CB for the Panthers who had an INT vs us and had a pick 6 a few weeks ago...

OLB DeRon Furr, he is about as athletic an OLB you can find and just tears up his level of competition. Him and his brother LeRon were both D1 players and now play with each other at Fort Valley St

sigpic

Comment

James Wilder, Jr

Hes an underclassman who declared after Florida St won the title. He was their 3rd leading rusher, averaged nearly 7 yards per carry and was used quite sparingly, (he was out for a few games in the middle of the season with a concussion) so there's very little wear and tear on him...(As opposed to Tre Mason from Auburn who was a workhorse down the stretch, and who i'm sure would also be a fine pick)....But I see something in Wilder's running style that I think would translate well to the pros. Big physical back who runs hard. He's the son of former Tampa Bay RB James Wilder (whom LT said was the toughest RB he ever played against), and he's bigger than his father. He passes my eyes test with flying colors and has a tremendous amount of potential. I think hell be a steal of the draft somewhere in the early/middle rounds. Had some legal problems a couple years ago, but has since had a kid and seemingly matured. Sky is the limit.....Not sure where he's projected to go, and depending on his results from the combine and workouts I imagine it could be somewhere from 2nd round (if he lights up the combine, etc.) to the 4th round.....Me being a lifelong Miami Hurricanes fan it pains me to say it, but I want this guy from FSU bad

Comment

Originally posted by Opeth420 View Post
                      He’s an underclassman who declared after Florida St won the title. He was their 3rd leading rusher, averaged nearly 7 yards per carry and was used quite sparingly, (he was out for a few games in the middle of the season with a concussion) so there's very little wear and tear on him...(As opposed to Tre Mason from Auburn who was a workhorse down the stretch, and who i'm sure would also be a fine pick)....But I see something in Wilder's running style that I think would translate well to the pros. Big physical back who runs hard. He's the son of former Tampa Bay RB James Wilder (whom LT said was the toughest RB he ever played against), and he's bigger than his father. He passes my eyes test with flying colors and has a tremendous amount of potential. I think he’ll be a steal of the draft somewhere in the early/middle rounds. Had some legal problems a couple years ago, but has since had a kid and seemingly matured. Sky is the limit.....Not sure where he's projected to go, and depending on his results from the combine and workouts I imagine it could be somewhere from 2nd round (if he lights up the combine, etc.) to the 4th round.....Me being a lifelong Miami Hurricanes fan it pains me to say it, but I want this guy from FSU bad
                      I'm a big fan of him. He runs very hard. He would have had better numbers but was in a multiple RB system. He is fun to watch
                      sigpic

Comment

This guy would have been great in Gilbrides offense. He seems to excel at............the shotgun draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Geebanga718 View Post

This guy would have been great in Gilbrides offense. He seems to excel at............the shotgun draw.
                          I have heard he is good. I couldn't really ever find a lot on him. He is supposed to be one of the best RB sleepers
                          sigpic
                          ________________________________________________________
                          Mock Draft
                          1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
                          4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
                          ________________________________________________________
                          Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Comment

Originally posted by Geebanga718 View Post

His running style kind of reminds me of math forte.

Subscribe to me on YouTube: mlerm17
                            Follow me on Twitter @mlerm17

Comment

Some of mine.

DE Aaron Lynch - was a stud as a true freshman, then sat out a year, lost like 40 pounds, and did nothing.
                              LB Yawin Smallwood- probably not a true sleeper, but I think theres a possibility he falls a bit. Maybe a late 3rd or 4th rounder, still reminds me a lot of Bowman
                              HB De'Anthony Thomas- with his size, he may end up going 5th round or later. Could be another Sproles
                              TE Marcel Jensen - didnt play a ton, and not a speed guy by any means, but he is a very capable blocker and catches what is thrown to him. Perhaps a Ballard type
                              Smallwood is a stud and a find in 3rd round. I'm a UCONN FB season ticket holder, and the guy is all over the field.

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
                                Here are a few of mine:

Richard Rodgers - TE Cal - Big TE who can get down the field. He is a Junior, but there has been talk of him declaring since Cal is so terrible.

Josh Stewart - WR Oklahoma St - Another Junior but a perfect slot option in the Pros. Excellent returner who is very versatile. Basically what we thought Jernigan could be.

Corey Robinson - OT South Carolina - Massive OT with the feet to possibly play LT yet he barely gets talked about. Would not be surprised if he is a top 2 round guy when the draft rolls around. Think Marcus McNeill

Rashad Reynolds - CB Oregon St. - Very good corner. Was as good as Poyer was last year. A little down this year but has ability.

Denzel Perryman - LB Miami - Excellent LB prospect. Can play inside or out and is scheme versatile. Would be an excellent 3-4 ILB or a 4-3 WLB. Could start in year 1 and will probably be available in round 3.
                                I'm gonna watch some film on Richard Rodgers myself. I don't know much about em but based on his highlights and size/production, you can tell hes a offensive minded TE first, and hes alittle light, so i'm wondering if hes got the strength to consistently inline block? I'm also curious to sei if he has the bodytype to gain weight and keep his athletic ability(which u clearly can see in his highlights). This guy could possibly have the makings of a all around beast TE.

Hey Redeye, will you please post some Richard Rodgers?

Comment

Working...
                                X