No announcement yet.

2014 NFL Draft Sleeper Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chris Boswell K Rice is a kicker i really like.. Im looking forward to watching him in the Skills comp.. Hes probably the only K i'd consider drafting.

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
      Chris Boswell K Rice is a kicker i really like.. Im looking forward to watching him in the Skills comp.. Hes probably the only K i'd consider drafting.
      Redeye posted a video on Boswell a while ago of his onside kick and it was crazy. Here it is if you haven't seen it

sigpic
      S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
      6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn

Comment

Originally posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
        Redeye posted a video on Boswell a while ago of his onside kick and it was crazy. Here it is if you haven't seen it

Ya, they were talking about this at the Skills Comp, and i wan'ted to see it. Wow, pretty freaking amazing! The kid looks like a athlete as well, like someone whos gonna be able to make a few tackles in worst case scenarios when a KR gets into open field. Hes got a WR's body type.. Hes alittle inconsistent but has a big leg and natural ability(hes self taught)

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
          Ya, they were talking about this at the Skills Comp, and i wan'ted to see it. Wow, pretty freaking amazing! The kid looks like a athlete as well, like someone whos gonna be able to make a few tackles in worst case scenarios when a KR gets into open field. Hes got a WR's body type.. Hes alittle inconsistent but has a big leg and natural ability(hes self taught)
          I wouldn't mind picking up a 7th somehow and picking him. He has some really nice skills!
          sigpic

Comment

They have Xavier Grimble projected as a 7th rounder....He is a serviceable TE and blocks...Not an elite pass catcher though

Comment

I am going to add Walt Akiens to my list.

Was pretty highly recruited, went to Illinois, then got kicked off the team and ended up at liberty.

But he is a CB with excellent body control and size. And he is quite physical.

Comment

Originally posted by Geebanga718 View Post

They have Xavier Grimble projected as a 7th rounder....He is a serviceable TE and blocks...Not an elite pass catcher though
                I disagree that he isnt a pass catcher. i think he has the skills to be a very good TE. He has been severely under utilized in my opinion. When I spoke on how my board is going to look alot different then consensus, this is 1 of the guys I was talking about. He will crack my Top 100
                Last edited by Redeyejedi; 02-06-2014, 12:33 PM.

Comment

I cannot find anything on what round he is supposed to go in but Calvin Pryor from Louisville is a player I really like too. He is a safety who plays like a missle, flies in for tackles, makes big hits, and has some nice ball skills it looks like as well.

Great game here vs Rutgers
                  Lol now he is probably going to be a first rounder. Quite a few sites have him over Clinton-Dix.... Not quite a sleeper anymore
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post

Was pretty highly recruited, went to Illinois, then got kicked off the team and ended up at liberty.

Idk why I never posted Aikens in here before. I have had my eye on his name for a while. I could never really find anything on him other than his dunk contest video on youtube which really shows his athleticism.. I finally got to see him play at the Senior Bowl and I liked what I saw. He has good size and moves around nicely for a guy over 6ft. He really helped his stock during the Senior Bowl. I wish he got more PT during the actual game but I liked a lot of the stuff he did during practice. I wish there was more videos of the guy though
                    sigpic

Comment

Idk why I never posted Aikens in here before. I have had my eye on his name for a while. I could never really find anything on him other than his dunk contest video on youtube which really shows his athleticism.. I wish there was more videos of the guy though
                      draftbreakdown has a couple of videos of Aikens

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post

I've seen his name, but didn't know much about him. Thanks for putting em out there Slip.

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                          I disagree that he isnt a pass catcher. i think he has the skills to be a very good TE. He has been severely under utilized in my opinion. When I spoke on how my board is going to look alot different then consensus, this is 1 of the guys I was talking about. He will crack my Top 100
                          Extremely underutilized! USC tends to do that with alot of players, especially one at TE(Jordan Cameron comes to mind), and RB..

Comment

Aaron Lynch DE South Florida is a sleeper for the most part. Now, he def gets Sleeper status, because hes got huge upside and potential, and has all the athletic ability, and explosion you want, but isn't quite strong enough or consistent enough. You get this kid in the 4th, and hope you can strengthen him up and get him playing with some consistentcy, you can end up with a Probowl player..

Redeye just posted 3videos of Lynch on the passrushers thread...

Also, what about Alfred Blue RB Lsu?? Lsu always has a surplus of RB's , and many just don't get enough playing time, and Blue kinda falls into that category. Here you got a 6ft 1in 222lber who as a Soph ran for over 530yrds and 7tds on only 78carries! Hes not used a ton in the passing game, but he can catch, just to many options at LSU to have em do it alot, and hes a poweful runner who bounces off defenders. He could start out like Jacobs as are short yardage bulldozer and slowley see if he offers more as we go. We could get creative with him at times and throw him at FB with another back in there also , just to keep defense thinking as well, as his size would tell, hes pretty good blocker. I think Alfred Blues gonna sneak through the cracks.

Also, his last names BLUE for godsake!!!lol

Comment

Is Colt Lyerla a sleeper? I know he's got a lot of off the field issues and I rarely ever see him in mocks

His highlights are sick!!... Dude is a monster

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xgqbrR8FOYI

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                                Thats what Brandon Jacobs would look like if he had hands. He looks slow on the tape wonder what his forty is?

Comment

Working...
                                X