Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

The more I watch of QB Ryan Tannehill the more I like him. He is still fairly new to the QB position in college having played WR at Texas A&M. I see NFL accuracy all over his tape. He is able to thread a needle. Why some College QB's Im left wondering if they can hit small windows I dont worry about that with Tannehill because I can see it. He has the NFL body standing 6'5", very athletic and Mobile with his backround at WR. He is becoming a must Tape breakdown for me at QB. Right now Id put him 3rd right behind Luck and Barkley and I could see him moving up. My early Top 5 of draft eligible QB's

1. Andrew Luck Stanford

2. Matt Barkley USC

3. Ryan Tannehill Texas A&M

4. Aaron Murray Georgia

5. Landry Jones Oklahoma

[/quote]

What do you think of Griff the 3rd?

He definitely looked good against TCU... nice long ball []

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

The more I watch of QB Ryan Tannehill the more I like him. He is still fairly new to the QB position in college having played WR at Texas A&M. I see NFL accuracy all over his tape. He is able to thread a needle. Why some College QB's Im left wondering if they can hit small windows I dont worry about that with Tannehill because I can see it. He has the NFL body standing 6'5", very athletic and Mobile with his backround at WR. He is becoming a must Tape breakdown for me at QB. Right now Id put him 3rd right behind Luck and Barkley and I could see him moving up. My early Top 5 of draft eligible QB's

1. Andrew Luck Stanford

2. Matt Barkley USC

4. Aaron Murray Georgia

5. Landry Jones Oklahoma

[/quote] I'm glad Aaron Murray gets some love, because the kid is good.. Hes the reason i really believed in GA this yr, but it looks as if its not enough to put them over the top..
      The Question i want to ask u is what is your top 5 RB's and WR's..

Heres mine..

QB's
      1. Andrew Luck Stanford(dude is incredible)
      2. Matt Barkley USC
      3. Ryan Tannehill A&M
      4. Landry Jones OU
      5. Brandon Weeden Ok St.
      Hon Men- Aaron Murray GA

RB's
      1. Bernard Pierce RB Temple(this dude is so freaking good, it hurts!)
      2. Trent Richardson RB Bama
      3. Isaiah Pead RB Cincy(i talked about him in offseason, and hes been pretty beastly since)
      4. Cyrus Gray RB A&M
      5. Lamichael James Oregon
      Hon Men- Chris Polk RB Wash

Wr's
      1. Mike Floyd ND(i had him here last yr, and i'm keeping him here, hes awesome!)
      2. Alshon Jeffery SC
      3. Justin Blackmon Ok St.
      4. Jeff Fuller WR A&M
      5. Ryan Broyles WR OU
      Hon Men- Juron Criner ARZ, Greg Childs ARK, Dwight Jones UNC

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

1. Andrew Luck Stanford

2. Matt Barkley USC

4. Aaron Murray Georgia

5. Landry Jones Oklahoma

[/quote] I'm glad Aaron Murray gets some love, because the kid is good.. Hes the reason i really believed in GA this yr, but it looks as if its not enough to put them over the top..

Heres mine..

QB's
        2. Matt Barkley USC
        3. Ryan Tannehill A&M
        4. Landry Jones OU
        5. Brandon Weeden Ok St.
        Hon Men- Aaron Murray GA

RB's
        3. Isaiah Pead RB Cincy(i talked about him in offseason, and hes been pretty beastly since)
        4. Cyrus Gray RB A&M

Wr's
        1. Mike Floyd ND(i had him here last yr, and i'm keeping him here, hes awesome!)
        2. Alshon Jeffery SC
        4. Jeff Fuller WR A&M
        5. Ryan Broyles WR OU

[/quote]is tyler bray eligible next year for draft? it says sophomore but if he was redshirted he's eligible right?

Comment

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

1. Andrew Luck Stanford

2. Matt Barkley USC

4. Aaron Murray Georgia

5. Landry Jones Oklahoma

[/quote]

[/quote]i like him. kid has a cannon and was making some very nice throws.

Comment

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

1. Andrew Luck Stanford

2. Matt Barkley USC

4. Aaron Murray Georgia

5. Landry Jones Oklahoma

[/quote]

[/quote] Yeah he has really bad technique. He is nowhere near as refined as the other guys that I listed here. There is physical talent but his mechanics are a train wreck. He has awful awful footwork. He is also another 1 read QB which makes it very difficult to know how he will handle a more complex NFL system. On the flip side everything Ive read about the guy is positive . Teammates love him and he isnt fake like how Cam Newton comes off. I think he should hang around another year at Baylor. Id like to see some more tape of him before I try to assign round value

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

1. Andrew Luck Stanford

2. Matt Barkley USC

4. Aaron Murray Georgia

5. Landry Jones Oklahoma

[/quote]

[/quote] Yeah he has really bad technique. He is nowhere near as refined as the other guys that I listed here. There is physical talent but his mechanics are a train wreck. He has awful awful footwork. He is also another 1 read QB which makes it very difficult to know how he will handle a more complex NFL system. On the flip side everything Ive read about the guy is positive . Teammates love him and he isnt fake like how Cam Newton comes off. I think he should hang around another year at Baylor. Id like to see some more tape of him before I try to assign round value[/quote]then he is on par with manning :P i like him but as a 5th or lower project cause you are right but the kids arm strength and touch i have seen so far are pretty impressive

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

1. Andrew Luck Stanford

2. Matt Barkley USC

4. Aaron Murray Georgia

5. Landry Jones Oklahoma

[/quote]

[/quote] Yeah he has really bad technique. He is nowhere near as refined as the other guys that I listed here. There is physical talent but his mechanics are a train wreck. He has awful awful footwork. He is also another 1 read QB which makes it very difficult to know how he will handle a more complex NFL system. On the flip side everything Ive read about the guy is positive . Teammates love him and he isnt fake like how Cam Newton comes off. I think he should hang around another year at Baylor. Id like to see some more tape of him before I try to assign round value[/quote]

Sounds about right. I definitely agree that he should stay in school.

I'm never sure how much to be worried about QB's "mechanical" issues. I think I tend to agree with Joe Montana that if it works for the kid, you may be doing more harm than good by trying to change it (refine maybe, make some things more efficient, that sort of thing).

Look at Rivers... I've seen 14 year old girls with more NFL ready throwing motions.

Comment

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

1. Andrew Luck Stanford

2. Matt Barkley USC

4. Aaron Murray Georgia

5. Landry Jones Oklahoma

Heres mine..

QB's
                  2. Matt Barkley USC
                  3. Ryan Tannehill A&M
                  4. Landry Jones OU
                  5. Brandon Weeden Ok St.
                  Hon Men- Aaron Murray GA

RB's
                  4. Cyrus Gray RB A&M

Wr's
                  2. Alshon Jeffery SC
                  4. Jeff Fuller WR A&M
                  5. Ryan Broyles WR OU

[/quote]is tyler bray eligible next year for draft? it says sophomore but if he was redshirted he's eligible right?
                  [/quote] I think that is right...

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

The more I watch of QB *Ryan Tannehill the more I like him. He is still fairly new to the QB position in college having played WR at Texas A&M.* I see NFL accuracy all over his tape. He is able to thread a needle. Why some College QB's Im left wondering if they can hit small windows I dont worry about that with Tannehill because I can see it. He has the NFL body standing 6'5", very athletic and Mobile with his backround at WR. He is becoming a must Tape breakdown for me at QB. Right now Id put him 3rd right behind Luck and Barkley and I could see him moving up. My early Top 5 of draft eligible QB's

1. Andrew Luck Stanford

2. Matt Barkley USC

4. Aaron Murray Georgia

5. Landry Jones Oklahoma

[/quote] I'm glad Aaron Murray gets some love, because the kid is good.. Hes the reason i really believed in GA this yr, but it looks as if its not enough to put them over the top..*

Heres mine..

QB's
                    2. Matt Barkley USC
                    3. Ryan Tannehill A&M
                    4. Landry Jones OU
                    5. Brandon Weeden Ok St.
                    Hon Men- Aaron Murray GA

RB's
                    4. Cyrus Gray RB A&M

Wr's
                    2. Alshon Jeffery SC
                    4. Jeff Fuller WR A&M
                    5. Ryan Broyles WR OU
                    Hon Men- Juron Criner* ARZ, Greg Childs ARK, Dwight Jones UNC

[/quote]* I think that is right...
                    [/quote]good to know. i liked hime before today but love him after. we need a new start

Comment

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

1. Andrew Luck Stanford

2. Matt Barkley USC

4. Aaron Murray Georgia

5. Landry Jones Oklahoma

Heres mine..

QB's
                      2. Matt Barkley USC
                      3. Ryan Tannehill A&M
                      4. Landry Jones OU
                      5. Brandon Weeden Ok St.
                      Hon Men- Aaron Murray GA

RB's
                      4. Cyrus Gray RB A&M

Wr's
                      2. Alshon Jeffery SC
                      4. Jeff Fuller WR A&M
                      5. Ryan Broyles WR OU

[/quote]good to know. i liked hime before today but love him after. we need a new start[/quote]Bray is not draft eligible. Murray is, he red shirted a year

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

1. Andrew Luck Stanford

2. Matt Barkley USC

4. Aaron Murray Georgia

5. Landry Jones Oklahoma

Heres mine..

QB's
                        2. Matt Barkley USC
                        3. Ryan Tannehill A&M
                        4. Landry Jones OU
                        5. Brandon Weeden Ok St.
                        Hon Men- Aaron Murray GA

RB's
                        4. Cyrus Gray RB A&M

Wr's
                        2. Alshon Jeffery SC
                        4. Jeff Fuller WR A&M
                        5. Ryan Broyles WR OU

[/quote]good to know. i liked hime before today but love him after. we need a new start[/quote]Bray is not draft eligible. Murray is, he red shirted a year[/quote] Greatone was saying next yr.. Are u saying next yr, or this yr brays not eligible?

Comment

I think our injuries are just to killer this yr, and i think were gonna be picking higher then we have in some time, so a diffrent group of first rounders is gonna really start garnering my attention...Not that i think our season is 100pct toast, just a possibility with the injury's we've suffered, which are catastrophic... If we ended up picking say 10th overall, i wonder if we'd pick a Alshon Jeffery if he were there? Something tells me if we picked 10th overall, we'd take Vontaze Burfict, and i really think hes gonna be a guy high on our list this yr... If we pick 10th, were probably getting a whole new regime coaching wise as well.. I'd love to get Bill O'brien in here, the guy knows offense, and i'd love to see a non gilbride offense..

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"] I think our injuries are just to killer this yr, and i think were gonna be picking higher then we have in some time, so a diffrent group of first rounders is gonna really start garnering my attention...Not that i think our season is 100pct toast, just a possibility with the injury's we've suffered, which are catastrophic... If we ended up picking say 10th overall, i wonder if we'd pick a Alshon Jeffery if he were there? Something tells me if we picked 10th overall, we'd take Vontaze Burfict, and i really think hes gonna be a guy high on our list this yr... If we pick 10th, were probably getting a whole new regime coaching wise as well.. I'd love to get Bill O'brien in here, the guy knows offense, and i'd love to see a non gilbride offense..
                            [/quote]Thats the thing if we pick that high there will be a new staff,new philosphy. Who knows what they will want. One things for sure though they will draft there own young QB.

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

1. Andrew Luck Stanford

2. Matt Barkley USC

4. Aaron Murray Georgia

5. Landry Jones Oklahoma

Heres mine..

QB's
                              2. Matt Barkley USC
                              3. Ryan Tannehill A&M
                              4. Landry Jones OU
                              5. Brandon Weeden Ok St.
                              Hon Men- Aaron Murray GA

RB's
                              4. Cyrus Gray RB A&M

Wr's
                              2. Alshon Jeffery SC
                              4. Jeff Fuller WR A&M
                              5. Ryan Broyles WR OU

[/quote]good to know. i liked hime before today but love him after. we need a new start[/quote]Bray is not draft eligible. Murray is, he red shirted a year[/quote] Greatone was saying next yr.. Are u saying next yr, or this yr brays not eligible?
                              [/quote]Bray cant be drafted till 2013.

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

1. Andrew Luck Stanford

2. Matt Barkley USC

4. Aaron Murray Georgia

5. Landry Jones Oklahoma

Heres mine..

QB's
                                2. Matt Barkley USC
                                3. Ryan Tannehill A&M
                                4. Landry Jones OU
                                5. Brandon Weeden Ok St.
                                Hon Men- Aaron Murray GA

RB's
                                4. Cyrus Gray RB A&M

Wr's
                                2. Alshon Jeffery SC
                                4. Jeff Fuller WR A&M
                                5. Ryan Broyles WR OU

[/quote]meant this year but i guess not. doubt we look for a replacement but you never know and im with you on paying more attention to the higher first round prospects

Comment

Working...
                                X