A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

i wouldnt mind drafting a center in the 2nd or 3rd round...moving baas to his natural guard position and letting diehl walk

Comment

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Yo! Robert Griffin is freaking doing some crazy stuff to poor Rice tonight!

Still a Entire 2nd half and then so
      me to go and heres his numbers 26-30 248yrd 4td 0int 5rush 47yrds!!!

Theres still a entire 2nd half and then so
      me to go!!! Kendall Wright has 11catches!
      [/quote]i know ive been trying to get redeye on board but he is hung up on his mechanics. kids arm is so freaking strong he doesnt really need mechanics. i mean if he steped into every throw i dont think anybody would be able to catch it. the touch this kid posses is amazing. some of the film ive seen his throwing motion kinda reminds me of cunningham's
      [/quote]Its not that I dont see the upside its that im not making a snap decision off weak competition. i want to see it against some of the better teams. He does have footwork issues though. Its not like it makes him any less of a QB but it is something. I think he could actually be a lot better then he is because he isnt using the full extent of his mobility because of it.When I seeaccuracy and or escapability against some NFL caliberplayers then i will debut him in my rankings.

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Yo! Robert Griffin is freaking doing some crazy stuff to poor Rice tonight!

[/quote]i know ive been trying to get redeye on board but he is hung up on his mechanics. kids arm is so freaking strong he doesnt really need mechanics. i mean if he steped into every throw i dont think anybody would be able to catch it. the touch this kid posses is amazing. some of the film ive seen his throwing motion kinda reminds me of cunningham's
        [/quote]Its not that I dont see the upside its that im not making a snap decision off weak competition. i want to see it against some of the better teams. He does have footwork issues though. Its not like it makes him any less of a QB but it is something. I think he could actually be a lot better then he is because he isnt using the full extent of his mobility because of it.When I seeaccuracy and or escapability against some NFL caliberplayers then i will debut him in my rankings.[/quote]yeah i ve said the same thing doesnt mean i cant recognize talent when i see it. just means ive yet to evaluate him while under extreme pressure over an entire game. just one aspect of a qbs game. if you need more to like him thats ok.

Comment

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Yo! Robert Griffin is freaking doing some crazy stuff to poor Rice tonight!

[/quote]Its not that I dont see the upside its that im not making a snap decision off weak competition. i want to see it against some of the better teams. He does have footwork issues though. Its not like it makes him any less of a QB but it is something. I think he could actually be a lot better then he is because he isnt using the full extent of his mobility because of it.When I seeaccuracy and or escapability against some NFL caliberplayers then i will debut him in my rankings.[/quote]yeah i ve said the same thing doesnt mean i cant recognize talent when i see it. just means ive yet to evaluate him while under extreme pressure over an entire game. just one aspect of a qbs game. if you need more to like him thats ok.
          [/quote]Yeah when I do my Top 5's I want to be confident that he is better then the other players on the list.I just havent seen enough tape to make that judgement.Ryan Tannehill for instance didnt have a great second half yesterday but I still believe in his physical talent alot mainly from the LSU bowl game last year. He was throwing players open against Patrick Peterson, Morris Claiborme and Tyrone Mathieu. He made precision NFL throws against a very good defense under pressure in his 6th game starting. He hasnt put together the stats like the other ones but his physical skill set and ability Is very ,very high. His decision making needs work but he is still fairly new to the position.

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Yo! Robert Griffin is freaking doing some crazy stuff to poor Rice tonight!

[/quote]Yeah when I do my Top 5's I want to be confident that he is better then the other players on the list.I just havent seen enough tape to make that judgement.Ryan Tannehill for instance didnt have a great second half yesterday but I still believe in his physical talent alot mainly from the LSU bowl game last year. He was throwing players open against Patrick Peterson, Morris Claiborme and Tyrone Mathieu. He made precision NFL throws against a very good defense under pressure in his 6th game starting. He hasnt put together the stats like the other ones but his physical skill set and ability Is very ,very high. His decision making needs work but he is still fairly new to the position.[/quote]i see. i never said he was top 5 for the record just a guy im really interested in seeing more of and who, personally, im excited about.

Comment

not that we moved far but after the win i got us at about pick 19 if we were drafting today This is my weekly mock based on where we are at that point(and also team needs may change based on someone stepping up or whatever) PICKING 19th OVERALL

1 michael brewster c ohio st(jacquian williams looks great as of now so i took out zach brown and put in brewster as our oline looks like it needs some beefing up and this moves baas back to G)

2 markelle martin s oklahoma st(i think dwayne allen is gone by pick 19 hence the change in picks Also S could use some speed and range to the positon)

3 Frank Alexander de oklahoma(this dudes a beast and looking better and better wk to wk Tenacious and looks to be a all effort guy to boot Stock is really rising)

4 George Bryan te nc state(perfect fit for our offense Having a down yr but more due to loss of russell wilson to wisconsin then anything else)

5 Kendall Wright wr baylor(nice slot WR that could be a chain mover for us and help with depth/ think emmanuel sanders)

6 David Ruffer k notre dame(i think its time to part ways with tynes Ruffer is really good and very accurate with a solid leg)

7 gary gray cb notre dame(solid for 7th round Could stand a chance to make squad and possibly more if things go his way

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]not that we moved far but after the win i got us at about pick 19 if we were drafting today This is my weekly mock based on where we are at that point(and also team needs may change based on someone stepping up or whatever) PICKING 19th OVERALL

1 michael brewster c ohio st(jacquian williams looks great as of now so i took out zach brown and put in brewster as our oline looks like it needs some beefing up and this moves baas back to G)

2 markelle martin s oklahoma st(i think dwayne allen is gone by pick 19 hence the change in picks Also S could use some speed and range to the positon)

3 Frank Alexander de oklahoma(this dudes a beast and looking better and better wk to wk Tenacious and looks to be a all effort guy to boot Stock is really rising)

4 George Bryan te nc state(perfect fit for our offense Having a down yr but more due to loss of russell wilson to wisconsin then anything else)

5 Kendall Wright wr baylor(nice slot WR that could be a chain mover for us and help with depth/ think emmanuel sanders)

6 David Ruffer k notre dame(i think its time to part ways with tynes Ruffer is really good and very accurate with a solid leg)

7 gary gray cb notre dame(solid for 7th round Could stand a chance to make squad and possibly more if things go his way
                [/quote]i like it. wright is a beast though i doubt he is there in the 5th but as deep as this draft is anything is possible i guess

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]not that we moved far but after the win i got us at about pick 19 if we were drafting today This is my weekly mock based on where we are at that point(and also team needs may change based on someone stepping up or whatever) PICKING 19th OVERALL

[/quote]I think the Giants need to go safety early. Everyone seems happy with Phillips play but if those who were watching closely can see him getting there late. Yesterday First play Kafvka was in Giants were in Cover 1 and Man across underneath. Ross doesnt bite on Desean Jacksons move but had he that was a TD all the way. Phillips reaction time to the play was so slow he wasnt within 15 yards .

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]not that we moved far but after the win i got us at about pick 19 if we were drafting today This is my weekly mock based on where we are at that point(and also team needs may change based on someone stepping up or whatever) PICKING 19th OVERALL

[/quote]I think the Giants need to go safety early. Everyone seems happy with Phillips play but if those who were watching closely can see him getting there late. Yesterday First play Kafvka was in Giants were in Cover 1 and Man across underneath. Ross doesnt bite on Desean Jacksons move but had he that was a TD all the way. Phillips reaction time to the play was so slow he wasnt within 15 yards .[/quote]i agree. KP has not lived up to his billing

Comment

What do you guys think of Orwin Smith from GT? He's a jr this year. So, he might not come out, but if he does, where would you expect him to be taken?

Comment

• Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

Junior CB Greg Reid got arrested last night. Twitter rumors say he is going to be suspended

According to the Orlando Sentinel, Florida State junior cornerback Greg Reid was arrested in the early hours of Monday morning by the Tallahassee Police Department on two charges: perjury not in an official proceeding, and resisting an officer without violence.

Dont fully get the charges but oh well

http://floridastate.scout.com/3/blog.html

Comment

• Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

Junior CB Greg Reid got arrested last night. Twitter rumors say he is going to be suspended

According to the Orlando Sentinel, Florida State junior cornerback Greg Reid was arrested in the early hours of Monday morning by the Tallahassee Police Department on two charges: perjury not in an official proceeding, and resisting an officer without violence.

Dont fully get the charges but oh well

http://floridastate.scout.com/3/blog.html

[/quote]

Sounds like drinking on a fake ID and running when the cops showed up.

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]not that we moved far but after the win i got us at about pick 19 if we were drafting today This is my weekly mock based on where we are at that point(and also team needs may change based on someone stepping up or whatever) PICKING 19th OVERALL

[/quote]I think the Giants need to go safety early. Everyone seems happy with Phillips play but if those who were watching closely can see him getting there late. Yesterday First play Kafvka was in Giants were in Cover 1 and Man across underneath. Ross doesnt bite on Desean Jacksons move but had he that was a TD all the way. Phillips reaction time to the play was so slow he wasnt within 15 yards .[/quote] yup Thats why i put martin in the 2nd round for that speed and range factor I was watching martin closely in the 2nd half of that big matchup this past weekend and he was pretty good and covered alot of ground I think Dwayne Allen becomes kyle rudolph like as far as it gets pretty clear hes not lasting past the first part of the 2nd round and hence if that happens i dont think there is a TE as of now anyways that is worth taking untill RDs 3-4 so safety or oline becomes priority or a just to good to pass up value which ever

Comment

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]not that we moved far but after the win i got us at about pick 19 if we were drafting today This is my weekly mock based on where we are at that point(and also team needs may change based on someone stepping up or whatever) PICKING 19th OVERALL

[/quote]i like it. wright is a beast though i doubt he is there in the 5th but as deep as this draft is anything is possible i guess
                              [/quote] ya in this draft WR is crazy deep after the top gusy Jeffrey Floyd Fuller Blackmon Criner and Broyles dwight jones sanu u got mcnutt toon kearse maze posey owusu adams childs So who knows how long some of these guys may last It is a loaded crop

Comment

[/quote]

I think getting a C high would be a bit of a mistake. Baas is mediocre at G (he never made any noise at G in San Fran, but was a beast at C for them). They've got Koets at backup, and when healthy could probably push Baas.

If a C is far and away the BPA, I wouldn't have a problem with the pick... that strategy has worked pretty well so far. I'd just be a bit surprised if Luck/Barkley (and possibly Moore) don't push some great talent down.

Comment

Working...
                                X