A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Courtny Upshaw is destroying Florida . 2 sacks a pick 6 and it looks like he knocked Brantly out of the game[/quote]

He's my bet for first LB taken.

Some 34 team is gonna fall in love and take him... Arizona maybe?

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]I just love Russell Wilson! I remember last yr talking about him and NC ST early in the season and the guy just has that "it" factor I am so eager to see where he gets drafted because he obviously will eventually I wonder if the 4th round or before is a possiblity?
      [/quote]

Agreed... I was telling people when Wisconsin was gonna be beastly when I saw his transfer. Not many listened though

I could see earlier than 4th. He's not in Newton's class athletically (he's no slouch, but not many are in Cam's class), but I could see Cam Newton and Josh Freeman making him some money.

QB class looks pretty loaded this year...

One question though... probably a good half dozen NFL starter quality QB's could come out this year, and SC winds up with Stephen Garcia HOW!?!? I kinda can't blame Jeffery for not being in freakish shape.

Comment

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Courtny Upshaw is destroying Florida . 2 sacks a pick 6 and it looks like he knocked Brantly out of the game[/quote]

He's my bet for first LB taken.

Some 34 team is gonna fall in love and take him... Arizona maybe?
        [/quote] I think its gonna be Burfict I like your choice of Upshaw to some 3/4 team picking in the late teens/real early 20's but burfict to me has that appeal of being a franchise changer ala Rey Lewis or Patrick Willis Still alot of time before the draft though so who knows what the deal is by then lol

Comment

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]I just love Russell Wilson! I remember last yr talking about him and NC ST early in the season and the guy just has that "it" factor I am so eager to see where he gets drafted because he obviously will eventually I wonder if the 4th round or before is a possiblity?
          [/quote]

Agreed... I was telling people when Wisconsin was gonna be beastly when I saw his transfer. Not many listened though

I could see earlier than 4th. He's not in Newton's class athletically (he's no slouch, but not many are in Cam's class), but I could see Cam Newton and Josh Freeman making him some money.

One question though... probably a good half dozen NFL starter quality QB's could come out this year, and SC winds up with Stephen Garcia HOW!?!? I kinda can't blame Jeffery for not being in freakish shape.
          [/quote] Thats nothing go check out what OHio State is rocking at QB LOL I bet Ohio St today and had to watch that ugly debacle Braxton and Bauserman are the worst QB duo in the country hands down!!!! Wetaher or not Braxton gets better down the line who knows but as of right now its just disgusting!!! OHio St would sell there souls for Stephen Garcia at this point LOL Thats how bad there situation is!

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Arkansas is overflowing with receiver talent. Jarius Wright and Joe Adams are the slot guys. Greg Childs and Cobi Hamiltion on the outside[/quote] u arent kidding! That is actually why i bet them over A&m today I just thought there was to many recieving weapons even though they were banged up on Defense Joe Adams is having a big yr all though Childs is having a down yr

How about KENDALL WRIGHT!! Dude had 9catches 201yrd 3td's today! Crazy! Hes had 4straight monster games! He should get a couple Heisman Votes if he keeps doing what hes doing albeit He shoulden't win it though Dude hasen't had less then 8catches this yr and 2 Double Digit catch games and TD's in every game as well
            [/quote]A lot of huge games from WR's today. How many good defenses are there really in CFB. Besides like Alabama and LSU no one can stop a nose bleed.[/quote] all these rule changes are all for more offense I atually like seeing some D I get sick of 44-33 games all day long LoL

micahel Floyd off to a quick start for ND

Lavonte David had a huge 3rd down Sack against WISC First Time Russ Wilson has been sacked this yr

Andre Branch is awesome by the way!
            [/quote] I swear Andre Branch has like 2more sacks and a FF since i last posted this when he was all ready having a great game! WOW I can't even get this post in and Branch just did it again!!!! BRANCH is having one of the best games of a DLINE guy i seen this yr!
            [/quote]i told ya clemson is fun to watch! i know its early but im petitioning for watkins now!

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]I just love Russell Wilson! I remember last yr talking about him and NC ST early in the season and the guy just has that "it" factor I am so eager to see where he gets drafted because he obviously will eventually I wonder if the 4th round or before is a possiblity?
              [/quote]idk isnt he like 5;11?im not major height/weight/etc guy but 5'11 is really stretching it a bit.

Comment

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]I just love Russell Wilson! I remember last yr talking about him and NC ST early in the season and the guy just has that "it" factor I am so eager to see where he gets drafted because he obviously will eventually I wonder if the 4th round or before is a possiblity?
                [/quote]idk isnt he like 5;11?im not major height/weight/etc guy but 5'11 is really stretching it a bit.
                [/quote] Ya if he was 6ft 2inch or so then he'd be 2nd round or so Hes to good to not have a team take a chance on him in a mid round

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]I just love Russell Wilson! I remember last yr talking about him and NC ST early in the season and the guy just has that "it" factor I am so eager to see where he gets drafted because he obviously will eventually I wonder if the 4th round or before is a possiblity?
                  [/quote]

[/quote] Thats nothing go check out what OHio State is rocking at QB LOL I bet Ohio St today and had to watch that ugly debacle Braxton and Bauserman are the worst QB duo in the country hands down!!!! Wetaher or not Braxton gets better down the line who knows but as of right now its just disgusting!!! OHio St would sell there souls for Stephen Garcia at this point LOL Thats how bad there situation is!
                  [/quote]

Ohio ST can have him lol...

I'LL go down and throw to Jeffery and hand off to Lattimore... how tough could that be!?

Comment

Everyone talks about Cyrus Gray but Christian Michael is far more explosive and has been the more productive of the 2. He is a junior he might come out.

Comment

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]I just love Russell Wilson! I remember last yr talking about him and NC ST early in the season and the guy just has that "it" factor I am so eager to see where he gets drafted because he obviously will eventually I wonder if the 4th round or before is a possiblity?
                      [/quote]

[/quote]

Ohio ST can have him lol...

I'LL go down and throw to Jeffery and hand off to Lattimore... how tough could that be!?
                      [/quote] That is not the point I'm just saying that Garcia is better then those 2 Garcia has done some good things at times and is having a down yr Those 2(braxton/bauserman) are downright a embaressment to the positon!!LOL But ya Garcia isnt anything special I agree with u on that

Comment

Welp after a crazy WIN VS ARIZONA its now time for me to do my weekly mock based on where i believe were picking Checking on the teams that lost behind us(we were picking 24th going into this game) 2have lost and Tampa has to play So my mock is us PICKING 26TH OVERALL

(26th overall)

1 Dwayne Allen TE Clemson- There might be other value positon wise but ALLEN is a special TE that does it all and would really make our offense potent and complete I have completly fallen for Dwayne Allen He won't be there for us in RD 2 if we wait till after RD 1 because of how late were picking as of right now(26th in each rd)

2 Andre Branch DE Clemson- We double dip from Clemson this week I have liked Branch for awhile as hes very active with a JPP type motor and he wraps up well and has a athletic build built for pass rushing with obvious speed He had a ridiculous game tearing up Va Tech and just had me drewling! We could use another DE with OSI getting old and contract issues and Tuck all though not old is not young either

3 Keith Tandy CB WVirginia- I like tandy alot Hes very strong and active in the run and can probably roam around as a Safety with his size and solid speed as well Tandy has solid ball skills and is underrated in my opinion

4 Ryan Lindley QB S Diego St- If Lindley drops to Round 4 I think we take a chance on him based on us not having any young legit talent and this kids got a good pocket pass Size on him with a strong arm and has a nice easy looking release I actually think hes got a chance to be matt shaub like and eventually be pretty darn good

5 moe petrus C UCONN- This guys versatile having expierence at G and C playing C the last 2yrs and has done really well and i think will be FIRST TEAm ALL BIG EAST this yr SOlid strength and Solid size We could use a C and possibly put Baas back to Guard or Petrus can battle our own Petrus for playing time at G LOL

6 marc tyler RB USC- I like this kids raw power He could be a big steal down here We may draft another burly beast RB just because of BJ getting older and a bit slower by the yr and Tyler has the talent and size to be good if given a shot

7 Sean Cattouse S Cal- Solid player for depth if he can make team

Comment

only way id take branch is if we let go of osi. he would be VERY HARD to pass on though. kid is a beast and i like the jpp comparisons. Still pulling for griffin at qb hopefully his stock doesnt climb too much where is he rated right now? 3rd?

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Welp after a crazy WIN VS ARIZONA its now time for me to do my weekly mock based on where i believe were picking Checking on the teams that lost behind us(we were picking 24th going into this game) 2have lost and Tampa has to play So my mock is us PICKING 26TH OVERALL

(26th overall)

1 Dwayne Allen TE Clemson- There might be other value positon wise but ALLEN is a special TE that does it all and would really make our offense potent and complete I have completly fallen for Dwayne Allen He won't be there for us in RD 2 if we wait till after RD 1 because of how late were picking as of right now(26th in each rd)

2 Andre Branch DE Clemson- We double dip from Clemson this week I have liked Branch for awhile as hes very active with a JPP type motor and he wraps up well and has a athletic build built for pass rushing with obvious speed He had a ridiculous game tearing up Va Tech and just had me drewling! We could use another DE with OSI getting old and contract issues and Tuck all though not old is not young either

3 Keith Tandy CB WVirginia- I like tandy alot Hes very strong and active in the run and can probably roam around as a Safety with his size and solid speed as well Tandy has solid ball skills and is underrated in my opinion

4 Ryan Lindley QB S Diego St- If Lindley drops to Round 4 I think we take a chance on him based on us not having any young legit talent and this kids got a good pocket pass Size on him with a strong arm and has a nice easy looking release I actually think hes got a chance to be matt shaub like and eventually be pretty darn good

5 moe petrus C UCONN- This guys versatile having expierence at G and C playing C the last 2yrs and has done really well and i think will be FIRST TEAm ALL BIG EAST this yr SOlid strength and Solid size We could use a C and possibly put Baas back to Guard or Petrus can battle our own Petrus for playing time at G LOL

6 marc tyler RB USC- I like this kids raw power He could be a big steal down here We may draft another burly beast RB just because of BJ getting older and a bit slower by the yr and Tyler has the talent and size to be good if given a shot

7 Sean Cattouse S Cal- Solid player for depth if he can make team[/quote]

I like that draft a lot.

Tandy might be a bit on the short side, given Reese's height/weight/speed preferences, but it depends on who else is there (I wouldn't be surprised, although I would be thrilled, to see Tank Carder drop to the 3rd... I haven't seen much of TCU other than their first game, but I haven't heard much from them either).

Now, I'm thinking a 3rd, 4th, and 6th (although it could be a 3rd and two 4th's) in comp picks for the FA losses, what would you do with those?

Also, I'm still not ruling Janoris Jenkins out as a possible early-mid round steal. He's a definite 1st rounder based on talent, but with his character red flags, and lowered level of competition, I have learned that there is almost NO bounds to GM's talking themselves out of a pick... Just look at Prince, he fell about 3x farther than he should have based on a "quirky sense of humor"... SERIOUSLY!??!?

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]*Welp after a crazy WIN VS ARIZONA its now time for me to do my weekly mock based on where i believe were picking*** Checking on the teams that lost behind us(we were picking 24th going into this game)* 2have lost and Tampa has to play** So my mock is us PICKING 26TH OVERALL

(26th overall)

1 Dwayne Allen TE Clemson- There might be other value positon wise but ALLEN is a special TE that does it all and would really make our offense potent and complete** I have completly fallen for Dwayne Allen* He won't be there for us in RD 2 if we wait* till after RD 1 because of how late were picking as of right now(26th in each rd)

2 Andre Branch DE Clemson- We double dip from Clemson this week* I have liked Branch for awhile as hes very active with a JPP type motor and he wraps up well and has a athletic build built for pass rushing with obvious speed** He had a ridiculous game tearing up Va Tech and just had me drewling! We could use another DE with OSI getting old and contract issues and Tuck all though not old is not young either

3 Keith Tandy CB WVirginia-* I like tandy alot* Hes very strong and active in the run and can probably roam around as a Safety with his size and solid speed as well* Tandy has solid ball skills and is underrated in my opinion

4 Ryan Lindley QB S Diego St-* If Lindley drops to Round 4** I think we take a chance on him based on us not having any young legit talent and this kids got a good pocket pass Size on him with a strong arm and has a nice easy looking release* I actually think hes got a chance to be matt shaub like and eventually be pretty darn good

5 moe* petrus C UCONN-* This guys versatile having expierence at G and C playing C the last 2yrs and has done really well and i think will be FIRST TEAm ALL BIG EAST this yr* SOlid strength and Solid size*** We could use a C and possibly put Baas back to Guard or Petrus can battle our own Petrus for playing time at G LOL

6 marc tyler RB USC- I like this kids raw power* He could be a big steal down here* We may draft another burly beast RB just because of BJ getting older and a bit slower by the yr and Tyler has the talent and size to be good if* given a shot

7 Sean Cattouse S Cal- Solid player* for depth if he can make team[/quote]As much as I love Clemson and I'd love to see the Giants finally start to take them, I don't know that I like drafting Allen and Branch with our first 2 picks. There's no question that Allen is a talent. The guy has fantastic hands and can create space. That said he's primarily a receiving TE, and is not good at blocking. I view him more as a square peg in a round hole in the Giants offense. Is he a playmaker? Sure. The problem is we don't use our TE's in that fashion. Our TE's are there to block first and catch second. That said, he also has some character issues that I hesitate with. Every play could be designed to go to him, and it wouldn't be enough. He's a diva just waiting to happen.

Branch is a guy who has really surprsed us this year. He's a guy who we always knew had talent, but he was buried on the depth chart and is finally getting his chance to shine. Not only does Branch have talent, but every single play he goes out there wanting to rip someone's head off. The guy is just mean in a very good way. I think the Giants could absolutely use him, but we have much greater needs (that and he may not be around in rd 2 if he keeps playing like he's been playing).

Comment

[quote user="NCGiant23"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Welp after a crazy WIN VS ARIZONA its now time for me to do my weekly mock based on where i believe were picking Checking on the teams that lost behind us(we were picking 24th going into this game) 2have lost and Tampa has to play So my mock is us PICKING 26TH OVERALL

(26th overall)

7 Sean Cattouse S Cal- Solid player for depth if he can make team[/quote]As much as I love Clemson and I'd love to see the Giants finally start to take them, I don't know that I like drafting Allen and Branch with our first 2 picks. There's no question that Allen is a talent. The guy has fantastic hands and can create space. That said he's primarily a receiving TE, and is not good at blocking. I view him more as a square peg in a round hole in the Giants offense. Is he a playmaker? Sure. The problem is we don't use our TE's in that fashion. Our TE's are there to block first and catch second. That said, he also has some character issues that I hesitate with. Every play could be designed to go to him, and it wouldn't be enough. He's a diva just waiting to happen.

Branch is a guy who has really surprsed us this year. He's a guy who we always knew had talent, but he was buried on the depth chart and is finally getting his chance to shine. Not only does Branch have talent, but every single play he goes out there wanting to rip someone's head off. The guy is just mean in a very good way. I think the Giants could absolutely use him, but we have much greater needs (that and he may not be around in rd 2 if he keeps playing like he's been playing).[/quote] I haven't heard anything about Charechter Concerns with Dwayne Allen I'll have to look into that I have heard hes a good blocker and from what i've seen i have to agree I haven't really seen him get overpowered in the Run Game and from what i heard hes the most complete TE in this draft I just love em and picking in Late 1st like my mock has us doing I don't think u can go wrong with getting the best all around at any position especially one as big a need as TE

I agree that BRANCH may get his stock beyond 2nd round if he keeps playing like he has but this mock is for today and not tommorow LOL As far as Branch Being a need u gotta remember we don't know whats gonna happen with OSI and Tuck is not old but not young and behind them is only Dave Tollefson who had a great game yesterday but we don't know if he'll be back or what will happen We could certainly use another DE

Comment

Working...
                                X