A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="lawl"]So I was working the ucf tulsa game this past Thursday and before the game i happened to be sitting next to a falcons scout and a giants scout. Btw everytime i work ucf games a nyg scout has been there. Not surprisingly we always have a bunch of c-USA players in camp and on the team.

Anyway I was trying to eavesdrop as much as I could. Couple random things I heard:

The atlanta scout was saying that he talked to Jerry(as in Jerry Reese) at the Georgia tech Maryland game. The scout insisted that Jerry was just trying to "get out of the office" and wasn't really scouting.

The NYG scout is going to be at upcoming Fiu fau and Miami games.

Then they started talking about going to school's practices and sometimes the coaches would kick them out or whatever. Anyway, only reason this is important is because the NYG scout was saying that he was trying to check out a "little wide receiver." I didnt catch what school the kid went to tho. Nor do I know a timeframe.

Nothing mind-blowing, just kind of cool, figured I'd share.

Edit note: the Tulsa MLB had like 20+ tackles[/quote]* interesting..* I actually am a Gj Kinne fan for the Tulsa team, as possibly a late rd developmental QB, and UCF seems to have a solid Defense, any players on that Defense that are possibly playing on sundays down the line?
    [/quote]
    Darius nall(redeye did a video on him)

Kemaal Ishmael safety

And the guy that will probably get drafted highest is Josh Robinson, cb.

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Montee Ball over a 100yrds rushing as the 2nd qter just started..lol I hope the Giants get there hands on Kevin Zeitler G Wisconsin.. That dude is a straight animal!
      [/quote] I've seen people starting to sneak Russell WIlson up a bit in mocks, like 4th roundish.. I wonder if he sneaks into RD 3 possibly?

Wow, what a power run by montee ball on 2nd and 3!! Hes just killing it today! Any slight down i was on ball, i'm back now! All though he did get caught from behind once... But hes just pounding for extra yards today.. As i speak, another TD run by ball..lol Number 19 for ball!

Comment

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="lawl"]So I was working the ucf tulsa game this past Thursday and before the game i happened to be sitting next to a falcons scout and a giants scout. Btw everytime i work ucf games a nyg scout has been there. Not surprisingly we always have a bunch of c-USA players in camp and on the team.

Anyway I was trying to eavesdrop as much as I could. Couple random things I heard:

The atlanta scout was saying that he talked to Jerry(as in Jerry Reese) at the Georgia tech Maryland game. The scout insisted that Jerry was just trying to "get out of the office" and wasn't really scouting.

The NYG scout is going to be at upcoming Fiu fau and Miami games.

Then they started talking about going to school's practices and sometimes the coaches would kick them out or whatever. Anyway, only reason this is important is because the NYG scout was saying that he was trying to check out a "little wide receiver." I didnt catch what school the kid went to tho. Nor do I know a timeframe.

Nothing mind-blowing, just kind of cool, figured I'd share.

Edit note: the Tulsa MLB had like 20+ tackles[/quote] interesting.. I actually am a Gj Kinne fan for the Tulsa team, as possibly a late rd developmental QB, and UCF seems to have a solid Defense, any players on that Defense that are possibly playing on sundays down the line?
        [/quote]
        Darius nall(redeye did a video on him)

Kemaal Ishmael safety

And the guy that will probably get drafted highest is Josh Robinson, cb.[/quote] THanks! I'll be researching them now...

Comment

Thats heartbreaking seeing Broyles injury.
          sigpic

Comment

Ryan Tannehill busy destroying his draft stock against Oklahoma. Guy is very talented physically but just bafflingly awful decision making.Landry jones hasnt look good either. Ryan Broyles standing on the sideline in tears looks like a torn ACL. Unless your a QB when u get a 2nd round grade they have to go pro. Broyles as good as he is wasnt going higher then the 2nd round.Now Christian Michael being carried off the field just after Travis Lewis got helped off WTF is going on in this game. We already saw Tom Wort and Cyrus Grayget hurt as well

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Ryan Tannehill busy destroying his draft stock against Oklahoma. Guy is very talented physically but just bafflingly awful decision making.Landry jones hasnt look good either. Ryan Broyles standing on the sideline in tears looks like a torn ACL. Unless your a QB when u get a 2nd round grade they have to go pro. Broyles as good as he is wasnt going higher then the 2nd round.Now Christian Michael being carried off the field just after Travis Lewis got helped off WTF is going on in this game. We already saw Tom Wort and Cyrus Grayget hurt as well[/quote] wow! Crazy injuries! Travis Lewis can't take another game missing injury, with him all ready being tabbed as a injury prone player, and that really is gonna hurt broyles... I mentioned Tannehill's decison making weeks ago.. He does baffle u way to often...

Comment

isaiah pead is a freaking animal! One of my favorite backs coming into the season, and hes just having a great yr.. I tell ya what, hes not all finesse.. He has some power in his game that i don't think people give him credit for enough.. Hes having a whale of a game early against Pitt..

Comment

Here we go! Lsu vs Bama!!! Goosebumps!

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Ryan Tannehill busy destroying his draft stock against Oklahoma. Guy is very talented physically but just bafflingly awful decision making.Landry jones hasnt look good either. Ryan Broyles standing on the sideline in tears looks like a torn ACL. Unless your a QB when u get a 2nd round grade they have to go pro. Broyles as good as he is wasnt going higher then the 2nd round.Now Christian Michael being carried off the field just after Travis Lewis got helped off WTF is going on in this game. We already saw Tom Wort and Cyrus Grayget hurt as well[/quote] wow! Crazy injuries! Travis Lewis can't take another game missing injury, with him all ready being tabbed as a injury prone player, and that really is gonna hurt broyles... I mentioned Tannehill's decison making weeks ago.. He does baffle u way to often...
                    [/quote]This is only Tannehills 15th start but still I just dont get what he is thinking sometimes. I would have a hard time using a first round pick on him if I was a GM. I love his physical talent and he can amaze with some of his throws but he is also prone to Rex Grossman like mistakes as well. Im just not sure If I would stake my reputation as a GM on him with a first round pick. He seems more like a 2nd Round guy that needs to sit for a few years.

Broyles confirmed Torn ACL. Should of come out. He was a 2nd rounder last year and a 2nd rounder before today.Now he probably goes late if at all

Comment

Wow, Ronnie Wingo drops a wideopen bomb that should of been a TD, right through his hands with not a Game**** around, and they end up in a 3rd and 1, and Devin Taylor picks off Wilson for a pick 6.. Its gotta be the 4th Wideopen drop that should of been a TD i seen today! Wow!

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Ryan Tannehill busy destroying his draft stock against Oklahoma. Guy is very talented physically but just bafflingly awful decision making.Landry jones hasnt look good either. Ryan Broyles standing on the sideline in tears looks like a torn ACL. Unless your a QB when u get a 2nd round grade they have to go pro. Broyles as good as he is wasnt going higher then the 2nd round.Now Christian Michael being carried off the field just after Travis Lewis got helped off WTF is going on in this game. We already saw Tom Wort and Cyrus Grayget hurt as well[/quote] wow! Crazy injuries! Travis Lewis can't take another game missing injury, with him all ready being tabbed as a injury prone player, and that really is gonna hurt broyles... I mentioned Tannehill's decison making weeks ago.. He does baffle u way to often...
                        [/quote]This is only Tannehills 15th start but still I just dont get what he is thinking sometimes. I would have a hard time using a first round pick on him if I was a GM. I love his physical talent and he can amaze with some of his throws but he is also prone to Rex Grossman like mistakes as well. Im just not sure If I would stake my reputation as a GM on him with a first round pick. He seems more like a 2nd Round guy that needs to sit for a few years.

Broyles confirmed Torn ACL. Should of come out. He was a 2nd rounder last year and a 2nd rounder before today.Now he probably goes late if at all

[/quote] Yup, broyles is screwed now.. Probably go 4th rounish, after guys like Kendall Wright even..

As for Tannehill, i think his play this yr has been 2nd round most of the yr, and he'd of been lucky to sneak in RD 1, and todays game almost ensures rd 2ish.. I actually don't care for him anymore, and Nick Foles passed him before this week on my personal rankings...

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Wow, Ronnie Wingo drops a wideopen bomb that should of been a TD, right through his hands with not a Game**** around, and they end up in a 3rd and 1, and Devin Taylor picks off Wilson for a pick 6.. Its gotta be the 4th Wideopen drop that should of been a TD i seen today! Wow!
                          [/quote]wow, kudos to Tyler Wilson, he comes right back and hits Wright on a 68yrd TD seconds after the pick 6 by Devin Taylor.. Way to go Wilson! WIlson looks like a 1st round talent, in my eyes..

Comment

Where the hell do some of these schools find these idiot kickers???lol A 44yrder in college is like a 60yrder in the NFL..lol I watched Central Michigans Kicker miss a 28yrder as time expiered that would of tied the game and forced overtime against Kent St the other day, and seen about 3more missed fg's today, culminating in that horrendus FG attempt by the Bama kicker on the opening possesion...

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Wow, Ronnie Wingo drops a wideopen bomb that should of been a TD, right through his hands with not a Game**** around, and they end up in a 3rd and 1, and Devin Taylor picks off Wilson for a pick 6.. Its gotta be the 4th Wideopen drop that should of been a TD i seen today! Wow!
                              [/quote]wow, kudos to Tyler Wilson, he comes right back and hits Wright on a 68yrd TD seconds after the pick 6 by Devin Taylor.. Way to go Wilson! WIlson looks like a 1st round talent, in my eyes..
                              [/quote]Could be he wont come out this year though

Comment

I wish LSU Bama wasnt on the same time as Arkansas SC these r heavyweight games

Comment

Working...
                                X